Signs Of A Heel Turn For Mark Henry?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
After the match, Mark Henry attacked Bo Dallas during a backstage interview. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I have the feeling we're in the early stages of Henry turning heel for a few reasons.

For starters, Henry attacked Bo Dallas from behind, without giving Bo a chance to defend himself, and the attack itself was malicious, with a more serious Mark Henry shouting his "That's what I do" catchphrase. And think about Bo Dallas for a second. We're not talking about some hulking brute like Rusev. Bo's a smaller guy, so you could say Henry was being a bully during his sneak attack. There's a chance Henry was on the edge after the disappointing loss to Rusev, and Bo was the one person to push him over the edge.

If Henry's on the road to a heel turn, then it'll be a refreshing change. Henry's been stale as a face for a while now, and earlier this year, Henry was just floating around (the time frame during all the Lesnar beatdowns) with no real purpose.

Next week it's Big Show VS Rusev, and I can picture a scenario, where Henry costs Show the match out of jealously via some form of interference to complete the turn, or Henry attacks Show after the match.

I don't expect another Hall Of Pain run. I'm not saying Henry doesn't have what it takes on the mic or in the ring to pull it off, but Henry's known to be on the injury prone list, and his age is a factor, so I can't picture WWE putting too much effort into a heel Mark Henry, if the turn happens. Maybe a featured feud with Big Show, but that's about it.

I was thinking maybe Bo isn't getting over how the people in charge wanted so they used that segment to write him off and repackage him somehow.

With Show vs. Rusev I think you could be on. Show has been able to do something no one else has with the KO of Rusev. I could see Henry being mad about that and it leading to a Show vs. Henry feud.

If that's the case I hope they don't make Henry a henchman for Rusev. Basically saying Rusev is intimidated now or something.

I hope it wasn't a double turn as I enjoy Bo Dallas and think his gimmick his perfect for a heel. The amount of possible trolling for winning a match is yet to be taken advantage of.

On to the matter at hand, it's been hard for me to care about Mark Henry since about 2011 and his Hall of Pain run. That was very entertaining and I actually bought Henry as a legit threat which is something I never thought I would say. Even if the title run was more than likely a thank you for so many years of service from Henry it was still executed perfectly.

Sadly though it seems Mark is coming on the tail end of his career and he had already considered it a couple years back. I think he is in the same boat as Big Show, Christian and some other veterans. Not going to really going anywhere, but a nice helping hand to help elevate some talent and be whatever WWE needs at the time. A Big Show vs Mark Henry feud (again) doesn't blow my socks off at all, but niether of them are doing anything so I don't really see any harm in it. As long as it stays a filler feud and not for a title or something.

I'm not really thrilled for this but it is an idea they could run with. Or maybe they're turning Bo face...which wouldn't really make sense. When he started getting over they went out of their way to give him more heel actions and more face opponents to make sure the fans booed him. So now they might be turning him face? As I watched I thought it was odd, Henry and Big Show were a team and now it looks like the team is over. So establish a team one month, have them struggle to beat a legitimate faction, split the team up and have them beat the faction 1v2 later on. I just don't get it >< I was hoping Henry and Show would reunite and help put some teams over but I guess not.

If Henry turns heel, they better not invest in it too much. A monster Henry and a monster Rusev both being heels seems a little too much to me at least

It's not out of the realm of possibility. If anything, I think there's been another indicator of Henry turning heel prior to this. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Henry sort of lay the blame for his 2nd loss to Rusev on the fans because they pressured him into accepting the match knowing that he was "injured" and wasn't 100%? Take that and couple it with Bo Dallas being jumped from behind and brutally attacked by Henry, as well as Henry using the "That's what I do" line, a heel turn might be going down.

Personally, I love Mark Henry as a heel. He's done his best work as a heel and he's somebody that's very believable because he can be genuinely intimidating. I could see Henry turning on Show if it looks like Show is about to hand Rusev his first pinfall loss, though I can't say I'm overly thrilled at the notion of another Show vs. Henry feud.

I could definitely see a heel turn happening for Mark Henry, and I for one would love it. I was a huge fan of the last heel run by Mark Henry. While it is true that they probably won't invest too much in this heel turn, due to his age and injury history, I still think he could be a very plausible and effective heel. And I'd much rather this version of him than the joking version of him. Or even worse, the crying version. Worse again, Sexual Chocolate. And I won't even mention Mae Young.

I was wondering about a genesis of a heel turn last week, when he started calling out the fans, saying it was their fault that he lost to Rusev at Night of Champions. His blind side of Bo Dallas, a guy much smaller than him, makes me wonder even more. I could see him getting pissed off with Big Show, saying he didn't need his help to get back at Rusev, suggesting that Show was trying to show him up by attacking Rusev after Rusev beat him a couple of times. And with the rumors of a couple of possible face turns, namely Randy Orton and Cesaro as is being speculated on in a come of other threads, they need to turn someone heel, and Mark Henry would be a reasonable choice of someone to do it.

Of course, there is one other heel turn that would more than offset the face turns of Randy Orton and Cesaro if in fact they do occur, although people on sites suggest that such a suggestion is blasphemous, stupid, and will never happen. And I continue to disagree.

I would love to see both Henry and Show become heels again, as a team. I miss the days of Kane or Big show coming out during/after matches and just dominating everyone in site. Have Show and Henry just wreak havok for a couple of months and have a real face team come up and stop them.
But.....most likely it won't happen because of 1. The Creatives 2. The heel heavy roster currently.
Mark Henry's time is up, and as entertaining as the Hall of Pain was, Henry should be helping new talents. I don't know what's going on with the Kofi/BigE/Woods group, but I believe Wwe was on to something, having Henry be somewhat of a mentor to Big E. If there's still plans in sight for that group, you can still use them three, but use Henry as a backstage mentor for Big E(like before his matches show Henry giving E advice or something).

I prefer Mark Henry as a heel. My problem with his Rusev feud was that he was face pandering and it made him seem like a cry baby. Its best part was when he threatened Rusev with the hall of pain. I want that kind Mark.

If turning heel is what it takes, I'm down with it.

I have said it before and I say it again....

MARK HENRY IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE WRESTLER IN THE WWE.....

PERIOD!!!!

You guys can keep loving the 135 pounders who do gymnastic moves in a fight or 5'7 mi gents doing triple kicks but MAN MARK HENRY AT HIS BEST IS MONEY....

When the HALL OF PAIN was open who REALLY FELT LIKE HE COULDNT DO ALL HE WAS DOING.....

This Man pulls tractor trailers for Gods sake!!!!

Then I see him jobbing to guys like BO DALLAS....

YUCK!!!!

Besides BROCK Mark is the most LEGITIMATELY SCARY GUY IN THE E....

He's a true MONSTER and should get one more Title run as a HEEL

A heel turn indeed seems likely after that assault on Bo Dallas. Unfortunately, I don't see the scope for anything special in a Henry heel turn unless he brings back the Hall of Pain, which, as you mentioned, is very unlikely to happen. At this point, Henry has become another Big Show, that keeps switching face and heel roles from time-to-time, putting over old and young talents before they disappear for a while.

You guys can keep loving the 135 pounders who do gymnastic moves in a fight or 5'7 mi gents doing triple kicks but MAN MARK HENRY AT HIS BEST IS MONEY....

Who the hell in the WWE other than the Diva's weighs 135 lbs? Just asking in case I missed something.

Mark Henry again a heel? Always a possibility, I guess, especially given the dearth of star power on the roster with the absence of guys like Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns & Wade Barrett.

Still, this might be reaching a bit. To say Mark's best days are behind him is too obvious a statement to make with a straight face.....plus the fact they've spent the last few weeks showing us how over the hill he actually is. Having him being dismantled and humiliated by Rusev used to turn Henry into a monster again would take more explaining than imagination would permit, I would think.

It's not surprising he's been paired with Big Show in recent weeks, since they're in the same boat: made to look fearsome while on their way to the ring.....only to show how far they've slipped once the dealing is done. Yes, you could argue that Big Show putting away Rusev is exactly the opposite of Mark Henry crying over his showings against Lana's pet.....but really, both paths are leading to the same conclusion: in a career sense, neither guy is going anywhere.

Mark Oh Henry and Big Slow need to head to TNA let the other upcoming rising stars in wwe step up, move up and be noticed! They keep hogging the spotlight enough already!
guys like Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler , MIZ etc and the other benchwarmers they have sitting on their ass need to be noticed and get off their ass!

I wish he'd atleast go back to working with Big E, groom him to be the next Mark Henry.

Henry just turned heel last year going into his WWE Championship title shot against Cena last year at MITB.

Mark Henry again a heel? Always a possibility, I guess, especially given the dearth of star power on the roster with the absence of guys like Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns & Wade Barrett.

Still, this might be reaching a bit. To say Mark's best days are behind him is too obvious a statement to make with a straight face.....plus the fact they've spent the last few weeks showing us how over the hill he actually is. Having him being dismantled and humiliated by Rusev used to turn Henry into a monster again would take more explaining than imagination would permit, I would think.

It's not surprising he's been paired with Big Show in recent weeks, since they're in the same boat: made to look fearsome while on their way to the ring.....only to show how far they've slipped once the dealing is done. Yes, you could argue that Big Show putting away Rusev is exactly the opposite of Mark Henry crying over his showings against Lana's pet.....but really, both paths are leading to the same conclusion: in a career sense, neither guy is going anywhere.

It should be noted that the difference between Show and Henry is that Show rarely loses cleanly, even when he's putting someone over. I remember when he fought Bray and Cesaro during their big pushes (back when they had momentum) and while they came out on top, if memory serves it was because they cheated. Even Brock Lesnar didn't get a clean win over Show, although he might've if Show hadn't entered that match already injured (at least that's what I heard about their Royal Rumble clash).

Henry on the other hand loses cleanly pretty consistently. He lost to Roman Reigns (both as a face and heel), got his ass kicked by Lesnar, and until his recent tag team successes, only defeated unimportant wrestlers.

While I do agree with you that this will probably end in Show's defeat, the only real question is 'how'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back