• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Henry Injured Again

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
At this week's SD! tapings, Mark Henry suffered another injury. Apparently, Henry hyper-extended his knee during his match with Big Show. It looks as though the injury was caused when Henry threw a punch, had much of his weight on his leg, but didn't connect with the punch. On SD! last night, we saw Henry fall flat to the mat and roll out of the ring, precipitating an on the spot change to the match and the aftermath. Originally, the plan was for Bryan to have both Show & Henry get the better of him, with both of them hitting their finishers on him & leaving him lying in the ring as a means of establishing final hype for Bryan's title reign being in danger. As of last night, Henry is still scheduled to be at the Rumble, though who knows how much he'll be able to contribute during the match. This comes within a little over month or so of Henry suffering a badly pulled groin that he's been working through.

I'm thinking that Show & Bryan will carry most of the action with Henry occassionally getting involved.

I posted in the Smackdown! aftermath thread about this. From a story standpoint, I actually prefer the rewrite. It finalizes Bryan's heel turn since he just blatantly attacked Big Show.

Plus, it means Henry won't get cheered for attacking Bryan alongside Show. I'd prefer Henry stay heel. He was on a serious roll for the end of last year and I feel if they turn him face he will lose all his momentum. He's already lost some being injured, but it would be a shame if he lost it all.

As for the match, I think that might've been the plan anyways, since the storyline has mostly been about Show and Bryan anyways. Henry has just done so much to deserve part of the spotlight that they didn't want to just leave him hanging. But yes, obviously this will limit him physically in the match. It's always bad when any athlete goes down in pain WITHOUT even being touched. Those can be some of the worst.

In all honesty I've really become a bigger fan of henry, and I've gained so much respect for him that he's been working hurt since about survivor series, but they really should give him a small break before he really gets hurt because one more serious injury for him could mean the end of his career.
But it does work out for bryan though because I doubt henry will be involved in the match that much, so bryan can gain some good heat going 1on1 with show..and probably cowering out of it instead of going 1on1

In all fairness Mark Henry has to be getting up in age now. It seems he has been around forever and he has that much to support on his frame. Injuries are bound to happen.

I've definitely become a bigger fan of Henry over the last few months as well. I really hope they keep him heel and let him continue to steam roll over people. Hopefully these injuries arent an indication of more serious ones to come. Hes in a tough position. He should probably take some time off to heel his body, but in doing so he is definitely going to loose some of his momentum that he had built up. Gotta give him credit for trying to work through it.

I think Mark well be replaced for this sunday because from the looks of it, it was a bad injury, maybe replace him with sheamus or drew? just to give someone an extra push, they dont have to win, it would just open up another potential spot for an upper card/ main event wreslter!

So the reason he hasn't won multiple world title is the reason he isn't still carrying the title, he's injury prone. It's a damn shame because he has been on the roll of his life.

I can see Henry either being taken out of the match early, or as the OP suggested, Show and Bryan carrying the load and Mark then making the occasional interruption.

My first reaction when I saw Henry buckling down like so much timber was 'again???' and then '... but this ain't half bad, at all'. Quick thinking there and then (on the part of Show and Bryan) prevented the match from becoming a highlight of Henry's frailty and refocused it on Bryan becoming a legit heel (or at least a misunderstood face) and his 'Napoleon complex' (lol). Given the circumstances, this is the best they could do to save the storyline from collapsing on Henry's sheer weight.

Kudos. ;)

Gotta give props to him for working through all these injuries. This is the kind of determination the younger wrestlers need. Its a shame but nothing can be done about it now. At least he can walk away from it all knowing he was a great Heavyweight champion.

So the reason he hasn't won multiple world title is the reason he isn't still carrying the title, he's injury prone.

Yes, but that doesn't apply only to present times. In fact, it's been so his entire career. He was initially signed to a 10 year contract amid great hopes for his character but he suffered injuries that kept him out for enormous amounts of time and destroyed whatever push he was getting. The company would really get behind him and build huge programs (Sexual Chocolate, dancing with Chyna, etc) only to see Mark get hurt so badly that by the time he got back, it would have been ridiculous to try and resume the same program.

Okay, so now the guy is hurt again, and it's possibly connected to having returned from the last injury too soon. After all, one minute they were telling us he would be out for months......and the next minute he's in the ring with Daniel Bryan and Big Show, hunting the championship again. Yes, we could see how limited he was, barely moving around the ring at all, but apparently he did enough to get himself injured again.

One "good" thing about the Royal Rumble is that it's possible to fight the whole match while barely moving.....there are plenty of other people to carry the action and cover up for Mark's immobility. Of course, that's presuming he'll be in there at all. They might even be able to use him in a 3-way, letting the other two do most of the work. But if he's doing that, it would seem evident they don't plan on having him win the championship, right? Not if he's going to have to take a few more months off to heal the latest in a long string of injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back