Mario Kart

I am a big fan off the Mario kart games and I feel that Mario kart wii is a game anyone can pick up and play for the simple controls and fun races.

Favourite Charter = Baby Mario .I am a fan off Baby Mario because he has alot off good cars to drive. I have been a baby Mario fan for quite some time dating back from the Game cube version off double dash where I was always Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in the pram.

Favourite course = Mushroom Gorge. I like mushroom gorge because their is so many ways you can get in front off people for example if you forget to do a trick on the mushroom but someone else does not then they have a good chance to get in front off you therefore having an competitiveness edge in the game and on the course.

Worst course = SNES Ghost Valley. I do not like playing this course and I do not know anyone that does but yet people still want to play this course online is beyond me. Ghost Valley is one off the hardest courses to play for the fact that you can't get a mushroom without falling off the course.

Worst course = SNES Ghost Valley. I do not like playing this course and I do not know anyone that does but yet people still want to play this course online is beyond me. Ghost Valley is one off the hardest courses to play for the fact that you can't get a mushroom without falling off the course.

In talking to alot of my friends that I play this game with, most of them agree that the SNES Ghost Valley is the most hated and hardest courses. Originally, this track was Ghost Valley 2 in the SNES game, and there were 5 laps to work with. Back then, drifting was basically pointless and on this particular course, mushrooms were as well. Back in the day though, there was another item, the feather, that was great for jumping the small gaps. In the SNES game I used Koopa Troopa to tackle courses like this, but now I go with Dry Bowser on the Flame Runner, and drift as much as I can. If I get a mushroom, I hold it till I get to the straight away where the start/finish line is. Not having the 5 laps on this course though makes it incredibly hard as falling off just once can be hard to recover from without the correct items... Bullet Bill/Lightning...

In talking to alot of my friends that I play this game with, most of them agree that the SNES Ghost Valley is the most hated and hardest courses. Originally, this track was Ghost Valley 2 in the SNES game, and there were 5 laps to work with. Back then, drifting was basically pointless and on this particular course, mushrooms were as well. Back in the day though, there was another item, the feather, that was great for jumping the small gaps. In the SNES game I used Koopa Troopa to tackle courses like this, but now I go with Dry Bowser on the Flame Runner, and drift as much as I can. If I get a mushroom, I hold it till I get to the straight away where the start/finish line is. Not having the 5 laps on this course though makes it incredibly hard as falling off just once can be hard to recover from without the correct items... Bullet Bill/Lightning...

Agreed, you have to be careful when playing that course because it is so short, and one mistake (which I always make!) can screw you over and send you to the back with little or no chance of recovery.

I was actually leading until the last corner last weekend, when a guy with 9000 points homing-bombed my ass and I ended up 8th out of 10...I was not happy!

Do you guys choose a cart to suit the course you are about to play, or just stick with a favourite all the time. Obviously online it is not possible to change your cart if an unsuitable course is randomly selected, which is pretty annoying. I used to just use the Standard Cart, but with Wario i like the Offroader, but am I missing out on a particularly good cart?

Honeycoupe is good for heavyweights like Wario. I use that primarily, and I use the Offroader when I feel like I'd rather have the ability to recover faster than the speed of the coupe. Either is a good safe bet for online, as their mix of speed and acceleration will help you with those multiplayer hijinks like Red Shell-Red Shell-Thunderbolt-Blue Shell hits right at the finish line.

If you're into bikes and like tight handling, use the Flame Runner. Personally it's my choice for a heavyweight vehicle. Still has slow acceleration, but the little speed boost of the bikes helps out with that issue. Overall though I feel that the lightweights have a big advantage on the smaller more winding courses like Ghost Valley due to their great acceleration and turning abilities. Not to say heavyweights are no good on them, but rarely do I see them get up to that great speed before having to turn again.

I don't play much online due to the fact that people tend to save their blue shells till the final stretch then pummel whoever is in the lead. It just gets annoying to me. Lead a whole race pretty dominantly then get mauled by every item in the game and finish towards the back... Not really fun for whoever leads the races for the most part. In my short time online I tend to try to hang just inside the top 5 so when those blue shells start catching the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, I can swoop in and steal a win sometimes. Other times more blue shells come. The last online race I did, the last place player won the race on the home stretch thanks to the other players, myself included, beating the crap out of each other on the last lap. We were all close. He had a bullet bill... End.

I was so pissed off at this game this weekend.... I was in the lead again on Ghost Valley and was lapping some jobber on the last corner when lo-and-behond...he has a bullet bill which knocked me straight off the track and into 8th place...absolutely great!

We managed to unlock Mirror Class though, so at least now I can practice some of the reverse courses before we get them online...so confusing when you do not know where you are going lol

I think we are getting close to unlocking all the stuff now, just need 2 more characters and a couple of carts I think. Did I read right in that eventually all characters can use all carts?

Thanks bro :)

Where is this short cut? I need to know this shit. Ghost Valley is one of my poorer courses, I try and avoid it whenever possible. That short cut may be the reason why some people online just dominate that course no matter how well I drive!

It isn't the hugest shortcut but doing it three times will put you ahead qquite a bit. it's before the revolving boxes you go more to the right where there will be a gap with a small bump, be sure to shake your remote going over the jump, and don't go over driving too slow, or you're off the edge.

Like I said, don't be disappointed, it isn't the biggest shortcut, but it often gets the job done.

This is the Ghost Valley 2 on Mario Kart Wii, right?

I was so pissed off at this game this weekend.... I was in the lead again on Ghost Valley and was lapping some jobber on the last corner when lo-and-behond...he has a bullet bill which knocked me straight off the track and into 8th place...absolutely great!

We managed to unlock Mirror Class though, so at least now I can practice some of the reverse courses before we get them online...so confusing when you do not know where you are going lol

I think we are getting close to unlocking all the stuff now, just need 2 more characters and a couple of carts I think. Did I read right in that eventually all characters can use all carts?

As far as I know, there is no way to get all drivers to use all karts. I wanna say that was a DS version thing, but I could be wrong... Mirror Class is a lot of fun, but I managed to get used to going in reverse, and got messed up when I went back to normal.

I've gotten to the point that I've decided just not to lap people in Mario Kart Wii. There are a couple tracks, Ghost Valley for example, that I can catch and pass a few karts. Problem is, everytime I do... I either get hit with a bullet, blue shell, bomb, 3 red shells, or some other God awful thing and wind up losing the race because of it X_X

The best thing of all in Mario Kart Wii though is sitting in VS mode and playing ALL 32 tracks one after another. I used to have a little tradition called "Mario Kart Fridays". I'd sit and play through every track, then watch Smackdown. It was epic. I don't really have time for it anymore, but from many years ago up until last semester it was a weekly tradition and it remains one of my fondest gaming memories.

For me, I love playing as WARIO
SML2.jpg

I too enjoy playing as Wario, with Bowser coming in a close second. Wario has been my Mario Kart racer ever since the 64. Sometimes I'll change it up a bit and play as Rosalina or King Boo but I always come back to Wario in the end. Anyways my favorite track (if oldschool tracks count then it's Bowser's Castle from the 64, no contest!) on the Wii version would probably be Maple Treeway because it has cool music and it's fun seeing stupid computer players bump into the Wigglers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back