• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marijuana Is it as bad as?

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
I know there is a few threads about this topic but this post didnt seem to fit into any of the recent ones. (IMO).

Is Marijuana as bad as the other drugs?

In my opinion no they are not.
1. You can not have an overdose.
unlike other drugs you can not overdose from smoking weed. You can chuck a whitey but you can't Overdose.

2. there is alot less reported deaths
With Weed, Dope whatever you want to call it, there is a ot less death related to it. whether that means due to using it, or fights and arguments over it. with other drugs, you hear about it all the time, Drug dealers killing each other, people Dieing from using it ect.

3. People are less likley to "skitz out" Weed is more of a Relaxent that calms people and makes them Mellow. where as other drugs, have a lot higher tendancy to make people skitz and do stupid dangerous things.

4. its easier to shake the addiction.
People can be casual smokers of weed. but with other drugs like Ice ect, there is no such thing. you either use it. or you don't. you can give up smoking dope alot easier then most other drugs.

what is your views on this? is it as bad as the rest? or does it go, Smokes, dope, Others in that order? discuss.

No way it ain't even close to being as bad as the other drugs. With weed it's a less likely chance that you die, in my opinion it's not a drug, it's an urb cause weed was grown by man & drugs are chemically mixed together. Weed makes most people like myself calm & chilled. It's alot easier to quit it than it is to quit ice, ecstacy, etc. & the side effects to weed are way more harmless than the other drugs.

Cigarettes and marijauna are on a level playing field, IMO. Marijuana is worse than cigarettes for giving you lung issues, because it's usually not filtered the way cigarettes are. Like Sparktista mentioned though, cigarettes are highly addictive whereas pot isn't addictive. You can become psychologically addicted, but not physically addicted as you can with most drugs.
I think alcohol is worse than pot. It's horrible for all of your organ systems rather than just one, and if you become addicted to it (ie: an alcoholic) you are much more dangerous to yourself and others than someone who smokes a lot of pot.
I don't believe pot can be fairly compared to harder drugs such as meth, cocaine and heroin. Those are all drugs with serious physical and mental implications. Those are drugs that are very, very likely to screw up your life. I suppose pot could screw up your life (lung cancer, perhaps?) but you aren't going to become this monster of a person who will do anything to get your hands on some pot. It just won't happen.

No way it ain't even close to being as bad as the other drugs. With weed it's a less likely chance that you die, in my opinion it's not a drug, it's an urb cause weed was grown by man & drugs are chemically mixed together. Weed makes most people like myself calm & chilled. It's alot easier to quit it than it is to quit ice, ecstacy, etc. & the side effects to weed are way more harmless than the other drugs.

Weed is not a drug because it's grown by man, huh? Cocaine and heroin start at the same place weed does- from a plant. Then the chemicals are added. It's the same process for marijuana, cocaine and heroin. I agree with your statement that weed is not as bad as other drugs, but the whole "weed is an herb" thing just doesn't support it. (Unless, of course, you're growing your own, then you are in charge of what chemicals go into it.)

Marijuana is a drug, but it's addictive properties are nowhere close to that of "harder" drugs. In fact, people are more likely to become psychologically addicted than physically. When classifying, marijuana I think it is in the same club as alcohol and cigarettes. And out of the three, marijuana is the least addictive, but probably the most harmful to your health (again, unless you are a raging alcoholic). Smoking one marijuana blunt has roughly the same amount of tar as 5 cigarettes.

Marijuana is one of the drugs that could be debated all day long. Alot of people will argue that alcohol is worse because it causes more deaths, which is true. Bottom line is that marijuana is not "as bad" as most other drugs, but it's still harmful.

And out of the three, marijuana is the least addictive, but probably the most harmful to your health

Marijuana is actually much less harmful to your health then both cigarettes and alcohol.
Smoking one marijuana blunt has roughly the same amount of tar as 5 cigarettes.

When people smoke marijuana they are smoking the bud, no the actual leaf. The bud only contains about 30% of the tar that is in one cigarette. So actually marijuana has a lot less tar then cigarettes.

but it's still harmful.

If you consider being lazy after smoking "harmful" then yes it is.

Marijuana is actually much less harmful to your health then both cigarettes and alcohol.
Physically yes. Mentally? No. I have known people to become paraniod Skitzaphrenia ( i know it aint spelt right) due to Marijuana. but never Cigarettes or Alcohol. I have seen people wreck their lives with Alcohol but never as bad as Marijuana.

When people smoke marijuana they are smoking the bud, no the actual leaf. The bud only contains about 30% of the tar that is in one cigarette. So actually marijuana has a lot less tar then cigarettes.
I don't smoke it, but don't you mix it with tobbaco anyway? so it is actually equal or more.

Weed isn't as bad as everyone says it is, but the dangers are still there. Long term, weed has been shown to affect the person psychologically, which can be just as bad as a physical effect, such as cancer from smoking. Plus, weed affects the person's mind around the time they use it. I had a friend who smoked it on the weekends a lot, and he told me he was much slower than he used to be mentally. When he stopped, it took him a while to regain his normal mental ability. Also, while nothing in weed is addictive, people can become dependant on the drug psycologically, which can really affect them.

you know ive never done it i have thought of it but i have to admit it to much of a pussy to try it. i mean ive done crazy things like once i went into a blockbuster with no pants but never drugs

Physically yes. Mentally? No. I have known people to become paraniod Skitzaphrenia

The only time I've ever seen that is when someone got weed that was laced with some other drug. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but I know a lot of people who smoke weed and have been for a while and it hasn't had that affect on them.
I don't smoke it, but don't you mix it with tobbaco anyway? so it is actually equal or more.

You definitely do not mix it with tobacco. If you smoke them together then you probably would get a huge headache. I know some people who smoke weed and then go have a cigarette because it makes your high a little better, but it's not a good idea to mix them and smoke.

I will agree that various places produce various results. I worked in law enforcement for 7 years. I had alot of drug education training. So the info I have comes from the federal and state governments. I would venture to say that if you did your research using sources that advocate marijuana, then the info would be much closer to the numbers you just gave. My sources have told me a very different story.

I can tell you that the effects of marijuana in your body last longer. Marijuana attaches to the synapses of your brain and hides in body fat. It can stay there up to 45 days (usually closer to 30). That's why if you take a drug test a few weeks after you smoked, you will probably still test positive.
Your reaction time is slowed, focus is tougher to maintain...things like that. And of course, this is not true for everyone. There are people that smoke weed everyday that can focus just fine. Everyone's body is effected differently. However, I can say that the "laziness" you referred to is an effect of weed.

Marijuana is harmful. Of course, so is eating at McDonald's everyday. Take it for what it's worth.

You definitely do not mix it with tobacco. If you smoke them together then you probably would get a huge headache. I know some people who smoke weed and then go have a cigarette because it makes your high a little better, but it's not a good idea to mix them and smoke.

Everyone I know who does it mixes it with tobacco, because doing one just using pure weed is too strong. So, in that regard, yer they probably do get huge headaches. They throw up a lot, and to be honest they'll do anything for a better high. It's not unknown for people to mix it with tobacco, but I'm pressuming that the effects of a pure one are a lot worse than a mixed one. Perhaps mixing it with tobacco would reduce the effects of the weed? I mean, if people are smoking the actual weed less then the effects wouldn't be as strong. However, then you have the flipside. Tobacco is even worse for you. Look at all the health risks. I don't need to go through them, everyone knows them.

Everyone I know who does it mixes it with tobacco, because doing one just using pure weed is too strong. So, in that regard, yer they probably do get huge headaches. They throw up a lot, and to be honest they'll do anything for a better high. It's not unknown for people to mix it with tobacco, but I'm pressuming that the effects of a pure one are a lot worse than a mixed one

Mixing it with tobacco is not good. That's how people get sick from it. If you just smoke pure weed it's a lot better for you then mixing it with tobacco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back