• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Major Spoiler Concerning ECW World Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapp

Getting Noticed By Management
Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=164604324

Major Spoiler Concerning ECW World Title
11/03/2006 by Ryan Clark

As we all know by now, Big Show will be defending his ECW World Title against five other competitors at the upcoming December To Dismember pay-per-view in an Extreme Elimination Chamber Match. Thus far, Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Sabu and CM Punk (he defeats Knox next week) are scheduled to compete in the match. That leaves two spots open, which will likely go to Test and Hardcore Holly.

As reported earlier, The Big Show has been hurting to say the least. He's had to be taken off several weekend house shows in the past few weeks because he's in so much pain these days. When he does compete, its primarily in tag matches so that he doesn't have to do much. Due to the Big Show's lingering injuries, plans are being made for him to lose the title at December To Dismember.

One person you can count out on winning the title is Rob Van Dam. Vince McMahon is adamant about not giving the title to RVD after his recent drug arrest because he feels he can't count on him anymore. Van Dam is said to be in a major funk because he knows he pretty much ended any chances he had of being the top guy with his drug arrest. So with RVD out of the picture, just who will be awarded the title?

Well, the current plan is for Andrew "Test" Martin to win the ECW Championship at the December To Dismember PPV. WWE is well aware that he isn't their ideal option, but McMahon refuses to give it to RVD. With the exception of perhaps Sabu or Hardcore Holly, there's nobody else that could be a viable option at this point. CM Punk isn't ready for the time being, nor do they want to rush him into the role just yet. So well, the title will likely go to Test.

That is by far the dumbest thing I ever saw.. Vince is worried that RVD cant draw, but Test can? So what RVD made a mistake, everyone does.. It didnt seam like he cared when HBK was poppin all types of pharmacudicals.. Dont get me wrong, I like Test.. But RVD would be way better as a champ then he would.. Any even dumber idea would be to put the belt on Hardcore.. Then I would definatly not watch ECW.

Oh you gotta be kidding me. Vince McMahon has now completely lost his entire mind. He feels that Test is a better choice to win the Championship than RVD, SandMan, or even Sabu? It won't look right when Tests name is in the record book as he is the first man to win an extreme elimination chamber. If Test wins it..what is going to happen to Mike Knox? What is going to happen to there tag team? I'm just saying, in my opinion..This is an extremely bad move on Vince.

I think by the time December comes around Vince will have changed his mind and R.V.D. will regain the championship. I dont see them putting the title on somebody who a few years ago they fired. If the title does'nt go on R.V.D. I see Holly gaining the title. I think Vince would put the title on him because of his loyalty to the company. He's about the same quality of worker as Test and neither are terribly over so I see him being in with a chance.

Here's a novel idea for ol' Vinnie..why not..if you are sooo interested in your ECW project succeeding...put the ECW Title on and ECW guy....you know...one of those guys that ECW Fans pay to see...or hell...even someone who can get over with the crowd...Sabu, RVD, Sandman...CM PUNK?!?!?!? But hey, who are we to judge the all powerfel Vincent Kennedy McMahon? Except a bunch of people who seem to have a grasp on whats good for wrestling?

Whatever he does, Dont put it on punk yet. That would be the biggest mistake. I think the last 2 spots will still go to either sandman or test, or two feuding stars from another brand. They wont sell ppv's with a main event featuring hardcore holly and test.
Vince seems to think that ecw ppvs sell themselves, due to the last 2 ONS's. But this is going to be a real wake up call for him when he sees the buy rates.

He should have a surprise entrant for the 6th spot in the chamber. If he insists on not putting the title on R.V.D. he should'nt just settle for whoever is left on the roster. They should have Benoit join ECW as the brands top star. After he's finished his feud with Chavo I dont see why he cant change brands.

I would hate it if Test won the title because he has hardly any fans and there would be rioting lol.

I cannot believe that Test is even in the title picture. Okay, he is a decent wrestler who has been around for long enough, but I've never seen him as anything more than a mid to upper carder. There are many people in ECW more worthy of the belt - Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, hell, even RVD despite the mistake he made. Any of those are more realistic champions than Test, and could be a bigger draw than him. I have a bad feeling about the future of ECW.

If they're gonna give it to Test, why not give it to Hardcore Holly? The guy's been around forever and works his ass off for the company. Plus, he's damn good. I can understand Vince being reluctant to give it to RVD though, the guy dropped the ball when it was his big break.

i can definately see them putting thr title on Hardcore Holly...he has been with the WWE since the early 90's, a total company man...and what does he really have to show for it? a decent run as hardcore champion during the Attitude days, a short run as Tag champ with Crash Holly, and that's about it...no IC title reign to speak of, and the only time he main evented a PPV was when he faced Brock Lesnar @ the Royal Rumble a couple years ago...he might not be the best wrestler or the most charimatic performer but he is tougher than shit and loyal to McMahon, even serving as a backstage "enforcer" ...i believe he is more over with the fans than Test is...the man had a life threatening injury he recently returned from, it is possible that he may be nearing the last few years of his career, i think Vince will reward him with a World title run, even if it is brief

Here is something that needs to be said.

Sources in WWE have leaked that RVD and Test will not win the Belt.
Big Show will lose it.
CM Punk is too new.
Sabu/Lashley/Great Kalih(god i hope not) Will make up the final two spots.

They may throw in Sandman/Tommy Dreamer to give them one last reign like Rick Flair

Iceflamemaster said:
Here is something that needs to be said.

Sources in WWE have leaked that RVD and Test will not win the Belt.
Big Show will lose it.
CM Punk is too new.
Sabu/Lashley/Great Kalih(god i hope not) Will make up the final two spots.

They may throw in Sandman/Tommy Dreamer to give them one last reign like Rick Flair

Sabu it is then

yah sabu but if you really want to look at it from a business point of view it will be lashley

he is unhappy in smackdown
they are jobbing him to tatanka, and he deserved better

Y 2 Jake said:
I think by the time December comes around Vince will have changed his mind and R.V.D. will regain the championship. I dont see them putting the title on somebody who a few years ago they fired. If the title does'nt go on R.V.D. I see Holly gaining the title. I think Vince would put the title on him because of his loyalty to the company. He's about the same quality of worker as Test and neither are terribly over so I see him being in with a chance.

what about jeff hardy's ic title reign didn't they fire him b4?

I think Lashley will be the last entrant and win the title.
This good spark a rivalary properly between Smackdown and ECW

The Boogeyman said:
what about jeff hardy's ic title reign didn't they fire him b4?

Yeah but they fired Hardy because he had drug issues, they fired Test because he was injured and they wanted to free up a bit of extra money ie. they did'nt think he was worth the money they were paying him.

Also there's a slight difference between a World title and the I.C. title.

I honestly don't think C.M Punk is too new to win, in my opinion he is the best guy in there and should be the champion

cm punk is great but i agree with the others let him get a little wiser. i think its right to let sabu hold the title. all that he has dpne for the old and the new ecw he deserves a title reign

My money is still on RVD. If Lashley wins the belt, it will be obvious that WWE is just trying to create another monster. I'm going with my gut here, and I'm thinking an original ECW alumni will get it.

Seeing Lashly would be pretty cool it could start some good rivalries with RVD and Sabu but honostly if Test wins it imma be dissapointed that they acctualy would give him of all people a title.

I honestly hope that Lashley does win it. I can really see him being a big force on the ECW roster. I mean he has the look and the skills. All he needs now is the mic work. And honestly, Sabu, Test, and even RVD dont have the best mic work so I can see Lashley winning it. It would really get him over with the fans and could boost him to the next level, so that when the WWE officials are ready to bring him back to the main roster he would have some credibility.

wordisborn21 said:
I honestly hope that Lashley does win it. I can really see him being a big force on the ECW roster. I mean he has the look and the skills. All he needs now is the mic work. And honestly, Sabu, Test, and even RVD dont have the best mic work so I can see Lashley winning it. It would really get him over with the fans and could boost him to the next level, so that when the WWE officials are ready to bring him back to the main roster he would have some credibility.

Lashleys Mic skills are shoddy. Ive never heard him cut a decent promo, he has no intensity, and is to softley spoken. However, i dont deny he has the look and can put on an ok match. I can see him winning the gold and holding onto it till mania, where i think he might fight batista in a champion vs champion match, with the possibility of combining the titles (i.e have the champ on both shows, due to them running both smackdown and ECW Shows together. Would also give ECW some more permanent star power)

I think regardless of his limited mic skills,Lashley could be the best option.RVD and Sabu blew it big time over the whole drug issue.What's funny to me is that RVD used to bitch all the time about not being made world champ,and then when he finally got the opportunity,he screwed it up!
Test could win it only if their intention is to have CM Punk win the title at WM23.Test would be te perfect heel to drop the title to Punk at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back