Macios's Signature Showcase

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Every Sig maker needs a showcase and I feel like it is time to make mine. I could really use advice because I'm still refreshing myself on photoshopping. So any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Evil Hornswoggle

HornswoggleMad.jpg

I was making a Hornswoggle Sig when I ran into trouble but it was trouble that I thought looked okay. I think the way that I did it makes Hornswoggle look almost evil. Also when looking at the blackness and him being a shiny green I thought the contrast made sense. I think overall it is an okay signature. I personally love Hornswoggle as a character and think that he is very interesting to watch and see him get involved.

Klunderbunker.jpg

I aslo made one for KB which i really liked how it turned out. Pretty simple here as there are two WrestleZone logos as well as interesting text and a standard background. I think it is the best thing I have made so far. Hopefully KB likes it.

Please critique it and give advice since I am new to this stuff. Thanks.

They seem like they have potential, but bro, it could just be me, but I can't even look at those without getting a headache. Just something about them is off. Like trying to read bright red on bright blue.

They seem like they have potential, but bro, it could just be me, but I can't even look at those without getting a headache. Just something about them is off. Like trying to read bright red on bright blue.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to learn and get color coordination down. I'm glad you mentioned the coloring because it is something I need to work on. I think next I'm going to try for a custom signature for myself. Should be interesting.

measjc.jpg

Ok so here we go. I found a picture of myself back in the 8th grade and cut off my face and put it on a John Cena SvR Image. I somehow managed to cut off my chin so it adds some confusion however and I didn't know how to fill in a chin so any advice would be good on how to fix that. I think it is a funny image and I have used it as a joke image for a long time. Overall I like it. However it does have the simple flaw in that the chin isn't perfect.

Can someone give me a request please so I'm not doing random stuff?

gabrielsig.jpg

So here is a traditional looking wrestling signature. I think it came out pretty well. I like the background and like the photos. I think the font is slowly getting there which is a good thing. I think this is my best wrestling signature yet and I might even use it myself. For some reason Justin Gabriel strikes me as a blue person. Please give me feedback which is always greatly appreciated as well please request something.

Honestly it isn't that great Macios. I'm glad you have initiative and want to do well at making sigs. This one however doesn't really show potential. The background looks like something you plucked off google images. Sometimes that isn't a bad thing, but this one just doesn't work. Try to download some brush sets to play around with and follow tutorials. The images selections are good, just need to be blended better. The font again isn't that good. The blue clashes with the sig and makes it difficult to read and the font style itself isn't spectacular. Don't give up. My first sigs were horrendous and if you keep with it things will continue to improve. Look for some tutorials, fonts, and brush sets and keep trying big guy.

In complete honesty, your first couple of sigs are pretty shit. But that's OK, so were mine and so were everyone else's. The important thing for you to do is take in any advice someone throws at you.

Here are some things you should take into account:

1. Size
The first 2 and the Gabriel one are too big. way to big. for a standard sig I, and just about everybody else, start with somewhere around 400X200.

2. Borders
Borders complete sigs. All you need is a 1 or 2 pixel black border and it can make a shit sig alright and a good sig great.

3. Text
Now if I had to choose one thing I'm not good at it's text. I'm pretty bad. But the text in your Gabriel sig is really bad. You cut off the 0 and coz it's blue it's hard to see against the blue BG.

4. Renders
I cut my own pictures when I first started and I'm ashamed. I really suck at it. If you want pictures, sign up for free here: http://psd-dreams.de/index.php. There are thousands of images. Every sig maker uses it.

I hope you don't take my criticism the wrong way. I'm trying to help. I wish more people had bagged my work when I first started. I hope you take on the advice myself and others give you.

Good luck, i look forward to watching you improve :)

In complete honesty, your first couple of sigs are pretty shit. But that's OK, so were mine and so were everyone else's. The important thing for you to do is take in any advice someone throws at you.

Here are some things you should take into account:

1. Size
The first 2 and the Gabriel one are too big. way to big. for a standard sig I, and just about everybody else, start with somewhere around 400X200.

2. Borders
Borders complete sigs. All you need is a 1 or 2 pixel black border and it can make a shit sig alright and a good sig great.

3. Text
Now if I had to choose one thing I'm not good at it's text. I'm pretty bad. But the text in your Gabriel sig is really bad. You cut off the 0 and coz it's blue it's hard to see against the blue BG.

4. Renders
I cut my own pictures when I first started and I'm ashamed. I really suck at it. If you want pictures, sign up for free here: http://psd-dreams.de/index.php. There are thousands of images. Every sig maker uses it.

I hope you don't take my criticism the wrong way. I'm trying to help. I wish more people had bagged my work when I first started. I hope you take on the advice myself and others give you.

Good luck, i look forward to watching you improve :)

I appreciate everyone's honesty in that it is actually helping me impove quite a bit. I have taken advice from both Theo and ARLO and have come up with the following Sig. I know it still has its flaws but I think overall it is a lot better then the previous sig. I used a glow text this time, and I used a Punk holding Nexus picture to be the showcase. The black border is something I made using the draw and paint tools. Background was pretty standard, and the little yellow embellishment at the top left corner was something I added cause it looked cool.

Punksig.jpg

Alright, you're having trouble with fitting people into your sigs. Gabriel, Punk, both guys have been cut off in a really funny way. Like, half of their heads are missing, so you might want to work on that. The glow text doesn't really work on the Punk sig either, it conflicts with the background, so does the weird thing in the upper left corner. Your colors are just off. You went orange and black, but tried to tie yellow in, and it just didn't fit together. You might want to take Theo's advice and go get some brushes or something and just work on making your own backgrounds. Simple is best, especially for a beginner, so just keep at it.

Instead of analysing your graphics, I'll give you some general feedback. I think you're over facing yourself. When I first started, my first sigs were incredibly simple. Allow me to show you my first three.

BillHicks.jpg

LuckyCannon.jpg

TooCool.jpg
See, simple. Your's have quite a lot going on and I think that's part of your problem. If you master the basics, you're work will gradually get better. Think about where you place your text, not what effects you put on it. Think about the size of your images, not how much you edit them. If you think that way, you will gradually get better.

I disagree that you have to master the basics first like Seth said. You can be as complex as you want but you need to know what you're doing, and why. My recommendation would be to look for some signature tutorials through google and copy what they're doing. It's just following instructions so your signatures will come out looking great, and you will learn the advanced tools, and concepts of sigmaking really quickly.

Then, when you're experienced with a lot of tutorials and techniques, you can make a signature from scratch and just apply what you've learned and liked in the past. That's the way I learned sigmaking.

Instead of analysing your graphics, I'll give you some general feedback. I think you're over facing yourself. When I first started, my first sigs were incredibly simple. Allow me to show you my first three.

BillHicks.jpg

LuckyCannon.jpg

TooCool.jpg
See, simple. Your's have quite a lot going on and I think that's part of your problem. If you master the basics, you're work will gradually get better. Think about where you place your text, not what effects you put on it. Think about the size of your images, not how much you edit them. If you think that way, you will gradually get better.

So in an attempt to keep it simple and learn how to use everything properly decided to make a very easy Kingston sig which I like how it turned out. Slowly but surely we are getting there. Basically all I did was use a layer mask for the initial face, then inserted two renders of Kingston on the sides. Then I added a yellow and green text under the initial image.

Macios.jpg

cooltext534263203.png

I absolutely love how this guy turned out. Not only is it personalized by me but also really awesome looking. I have always liked my name in blue and this was very simple to make. All I did was use the frosty cool text. Then I filled the lettering with a dark blue but did it in small blue bubbles to give grafiti feel to it. Then to end I changed the contrast and lighting of it to make it darker. Best thing so far. I am enjoying the concept of keeping things simple. I also like the detail to the background that was added. I'm getting there people.

I did some tutorials to learn how to add different filters and thought this one turned out perfect. The color scheme is ggood, the text seems to be in place and overall is a very good sig if you ask me. Tutorials help a ton and are quite frankly very useful. I made the Sheamus Sig because of how awesome his is and I absolutely love it. I personally very much like the Celtic Cross that comes along with it. I think I may be working on some more custom backgrounds but overall I think this is good.

SexySheamus.png

Kanesig.jpg

I absolutely love this. Firstly because it took suck a long time to make, and secondly because I have learned how to use all filters. I feel that this is the best thing that I have made yet because of its simp-licity and its overall good lookingness. It features a Kane who is very prominent binside the fire, as well as simple text that says Kane. I like the overall appeal of it as well as the simplicity of the signature.

Macios where is the borders?
Follow some tuts like Crock, and you will look an awesome sigmaker.
I don't really like your last sig, it makes my eyes cry, to messy and confusing.

Try basic things if you want to be one your own, write on paper some effects you like...
Look for tutorials, learn the basics of sigmaking it is the best you can do.
Smudging, Clipping masks, Adjustments all the things you need to know to be a good sigmaker.

Dr.Doom

So here is what it is. All I did is use Dr.Doom's national flag as the background and then pixelated it. After this I added my render of Dr. Doom. And I think all I did after that was bring out the colors. I used a cool text called Alien Glow afterwards and then I changed the opacity. I added a miniature border on the sides. Overall I like how it came together. I think it is pretty good. I think if I were to add to it I might have wanted to gotten a picture of Latveria in the background but I could not find a good render for it.

drdoom.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back