Luis Scola or David Lee

Who's better, Who would you like on your team

• Luis Scola

• David Lee

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaBadGuy

Occasional Pre-Show
These are 2 guys who in Free Agency and 2 guys who alot of teams would like to get their hands on. Lee seems to be getting the most attention I guess mainly since it seems the Knicks have no intention of signing him back. And the Rockets look as if their going to sign back Scola, weather for a sign and trade or to keep him who know, on to the point though. Both of these guys are pretty similar to me, their both around the same height and size and both play ball in a similar way. Their both good pick and roll players with a good low post game, can run the floor, fill in lanes, and are also workhorses under the goal and both grab alot of rebounds. Sure Lee out rebounds Scola but let Scola and Lee switch teams and I garuntee Scola would put up Lee numbers while Lee would put up Scola numbers. I've seen both guys play but I've seen more Scola than Lee so I would go Scola but since Lee is a better scorer and rebounder I guess I'll say Lee even though I think Scola would do just as good as Lee if they were to switch teams. So out of the 2 who do you think is a better player and if your favorite team had cap space who would you rather them go after.

Scola is a decent, scrappy player. A good rebounder who plays until the whistle blows. However there is no way I'd take him over David Lee. I'm not a really a fan of Lee, but he is an All Star and one of the better PF/C in the game. I mean lets compare their numbers shall we,

Lee: PPG-20.2 RPG-11.7 APG-3.6 BPG-0.5 SPG-1.0 EFF: +26.99
Scola: PPG-16.1 PRG-8.2 APG-2.1 BPG-0.3 SPG-0.8 EFF: +18.78

Right there we see that Lee takes Scola in every category. The Rockets were a half decent team this year, but really didn't have that stick out player and the Knicks were awful, yet Lee shined. Lee has been a double-double guy the last two years and has really been the Knicks only bright spot. Scola has the scrappiness that is hard to find, but Lee is just a better all around player in my mind and no doubt I'd take him over Scola.

David Lee got most of his numbers because he was on the Knicks though Theo, if he is on a team with another good big man you will see his stats drop dramatically. Scola on the other hand got his while playing on a decent team with Yao and other decent big men. Lee was the best player on his team and did put up good numbers but if someone signs him to a deal to be a second option I think they'll be disappointed, but in Scola's case a team would sign him to be a third or fourth guy and will end up getting more than what they bargained for.

Lee is the better player but he will end up underperforming compared to his contract that he'll get as to where Luis Scola will more than likely outperform the contract he'll receive.

1. This should probably be in the NBA off season thread.

2. The answer is David Lee. Scola is a solid starter who will give 12 points and 8 boards in most situations. Last year his numbers ballooned because he was really the only good big man they had. Carl Landry is solid but he didn't even play the entire year in Houston and Yao was injured the majority of the year.

David Lee is the more skilled player offensively and he is also a slightly better overall defender. Having D'Antoni's system has helped his numbers but even before that Lee was getting over 10 and 10 a game and that was coming off the bench. David Lee is a guy that I think will continue to improve while Scola, at 29 years old, has reached his peak and will come down to earth especially if he's playing with better big men.

One thing's for sure, both of these guys are going to get overpaid. With a lot of the max guys possibly staying home or getting moved in a sign and trade, that leaves a lot of money for guys like these. Hell, Lee may even get the max from somewhere. Incredible.

I think I'd actually rather have Scola. Lee is definetly a better rebounder, but I've always liked Scola's game. He has a nice touch around the hoop. Also, Lee plays absolutely no D and would cost significantly more than Scola, or so it seems.

Overall, Lee may be a little better, but I'd rather sign Scola this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back