Lee Murray

jmt225

Global Moderator
Okay, education thread.

Even though he's only 31-years-old, you'll most likely never see this man fight again, but you must know his story. He is legitimately one of the baddest motherfuckers to EVER walk the face of the Earth: Lee Murray

bhzlzb.jpg

[youtube]EGSkuhg1Hlc[/youtube]​

Lee Murray, born and raised in London England, first came known in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts when a story surfaced that he beat up Tito Ortiz at a Night Club. It was just a rumor, but witnesses from that night, such as Matt Hughes and other prolific MMA fighters, vouched for it. At the time... Tito Ortiz was basically untouchable, so this automatically put Lee Murray on the map. I believe Murray was 7-1 at the time (plus a draw and no contest under his belt), and after this rumor made the rounds, the UFC signed him in hopes to see if he was for real or just a street fighter.

Well, Lee Murray debuted for the company at UFC 46. Just off his entrance outfit alone you knew you were in for a treat.

243mdyx.jpg

He dressed like Hannibal Lector during his entrance, and when he entered that octagon, he fought like a man processed. This man destroyed a very solid fighter in Jorge Rivera in under 2 minutes time. And it looked like the UFC had a superstar under their hands, and a mega fight between he and Tito Ortiz in the near future (Tito was in the crowd at UFC 46 and called Murray out). But... Lee Murray would never fight for the UFC ever again.

In fact, Lee Murray would only have one more MMA fight in his lifetime, and it was against none other than Anderson Silva. Now, this happened well before Silva became what he would eventually become in the UFC, but he was still an unbelievably talented fighter and defeated Lee Murray in a Unanimous Decision. It was a very good fight, however, and Murray taking Anderson Silva to the distance shows what kind of talent he had.

[youtube]zByWAK22o1k[/youtube]

[youtube]SxSWNDkMuNo[/youtube]

[youtube]crvpVT9rZVs[/youtube]​

This fight took place on September 11, 2004. A year and a half later, on February 22, 2006... the biggest robbery in the history of England took place, when seven men abducted and threatened the family of the manager of Securitas Cash Management Ltd depot in Vale Road, Tonbridge, Kent, tied up fourteen staff members and stole £53,116,760 (about US$92.5 million at the time of the robbery) in bank notes. And Lee Murray was the man behind it all, and remained to be the only person out of the seven men not incriminated for the crime.

He escaped to Morocco, where his father was from, and lived in a huge mansion he was able to buy from the money he gained from the robbery for about a year, before getting arrested for possession of cocaine and sentenced to eight months of jailtime. Since then, he had been held in prison while authorities determined his citizenship, and ultimately, his extradition status.

Just last month, however, he tried to escape and failed, but it wouldn't matter as just a few weeks later Murray was deemed a Moroccan citizen and released from prison on June 23, 2009.

But Murray's freedom was shorted lived, as right when he was released, he was rearrested right away because the British Authorities put in a formal request to the Moroccan Authorities to have him tried in Morocco for the robbery. UK authorities are now working with the police in Morrocco to see what they can do.

ESPN's E:60 and Sports Illustrated have both run stories on him, and there is currently a film in production about his life and the robbery.

This man has led an unbelievable life, and it's a life that should be known by all MMA fans. Any questions or thoughts on Lee Murray, please share. I’ll see what I can do to post his fight against Jorge Rivera and the story E:60 ran on him (both use to be on Youtube but were unfortunately deleted).

I myself have never seen him fight outside that Silva fight that was posted, and even there he looked pretty good. He might of even had a future if he had stuck with it. EVen if this wasn't Silva's prime, it is still Anderson fucking Silva, and he took him to the limits in a great fight. Just by the look of his picture he looks like one badass mother fucker. If you find the video please post it. I am curious to see his other fight.

Bit of a cunt, like most English fighter. Deserved to get stabbed by all accounts. There will be a next time.

He has no name value left. I'd pay to see him vs. Ortiz, but it's 6 plus years too late now.

Bit of a cunt, like most English fighter. Deserved to get stabbed by all accounts.

Damn... I forgot all about that in my post. For those of you who don't know the story, here it is via Wikipedia:

On 28 September 2005, Murray was hospitalized after being stabbed in a brawl outside the Funky Buddha club in London during the birthday party of Lauren Pope. He suffered a punctured lung and a severed artery. According to the doctor who performed the life saving surgery on Murray he was resuscitated four times during the operation that saved his life. When thanked, the doctor remarked that Lee should thank the nurses who ran the bags of blood from the blood bank because that is what saved his life.

And you can say English fighters are ***** Jake, but did you watch The Ultimate Fighter? The damn Englishmen came off A LOT better than the Americans did, lol. Hell it was even to the point where I was rooting for the UK Fighters throughout the show. With the exception of Bisping coming off as cocky, there wasn't really a Brit who looked bad the entire season.

No son, not seen it. I like to watch a series over the course of a weekend so I avoid it when it's on TV. But I think the British were probably more well behaved because they didn't want to fuck up their only chance to be in the UFC. An American can act like a dick and could still possibly work his way up to the promotion again. There are plenty of leagues he can work for. If an English guy get's on the shit list then he's done for. They're not going to have another all UK show and there aren't as many oppertunities or fight leagues. Ross Pointon must've looked like a hot prospect before he was on series 3, but he was just steamrolling shit talent.

Edit: I fuckin' love Lauren Pope I do.

Most fighters are *****. If they're from England, they act like they're constantly down the pub. If they're from America, they act like frat boys. It's equally annoying.

Anyway, I didn't know an MMA fighter was behind that bank robbery. That was big news for a while. Guess the guy was a cunt. Must've been a clever bugger though.

You guys calling so many people ***** is hard getting use to, lol. I mean, really, the only time that word is used where I'm from is when I woman truly deserves to be called that. And that's it.

But anyway, in Murray's defense... he did have a tough upbringing. I mean, he was very poor, fatherless, came from a broken home, bullied, joined a gang at a young age, etc. So he does have some legitimate excuses as to why he ended up the way he ended up. And quite honestly, had his U.S. pass port not have gotten fucked up, he'd probably be a superstar today in the World of Mixed Martial Arts.

And I've been trying to find a way to download videos from ESPN, but never got around to it. So I'm just going to post the link to the E:60 program where you can watch it. It's very, very good and does a fantastic job explaining Lee's life and how everything went down with him.

http://videos.espn.com/m/video/23446688/e-60-lightning-strikes.htm?q="State+Department"

But anyway, in Murray's defense... he did have a tough upbringing. I mean, he was very poor, fatherless, came from a broken home, bullied, joined a gang at a young age, etc. So he does have some legitimate excuses as to why he ended up the way he ended up. And quite honestly, had his U.S. pass port not have gotten fucked up, he'd probably be a superstar today in the World of Mixed Martial Arts.

Excuses ***** use because they're *****. If everybody from the same upbringing turned into a cunt then the world would be like Mad Max land. Australia I think they call it. But there are enough people who chose the path of good. They work in shops, help children in need and don't glass people in pubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back