Lol, the Manly Sea Eagles coach sucks

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
"If Manly win, it's because the NRL league is better, but if Leeds win, it's because they had more preparation".

I hate coaches like that. What's the point in being disrespectful? If Manly win our coach will praise them, so why not the other way around? Eugh, just another reason I prefer the ESL over NRL.

What I think is stupider than what Des Hasler said in the first place, is taking the Club Challenge game as an accurate reflection of the ability of either side, or taking it seriously at all.

And I really don't see how one coach saying something like that is further justification to your belief that one league is better than the other.

By the way, get your own players, and stop stealing the NRL's.

What I think is stupider than what Des Hasler said in the first place, is taking the Club Challenge game as an accurate reflection of the ability of either side, or taking it seriously at all.

I'm a Leeds fan, of course I'm taking it seriously.

And I really don't see how one coach saying something like that is further justification to your belief that one league is better than the other.

I didn't say it was justification of it being better, I said it was a reason I likes Super League more.

By the way, get your own players, and stop stealing the NRL's.

Leeds has the highest number of 'Home-grown' players in the League, actually :)

I'm a Leeds fan, of course I'm taking it seriously.

I can understand you supporting your team, but to treat it as if it was a somewhat serious game and actually meant something is a bit silly. It's a practice game and nothing else, really, so what coaches say about it is really not important.

I didn't say it was justification of it being better, I said it was a reason I likes Super League more.

Hmm, you gave a reason as to why you thought it was better, so I treat that as you justifying your preference.

Leeds has the highest number of 'Home-grown' players in the League, actually :)

I was talking about the league as a whole. Instead of buying 30 year olds from the NRL (Danny Buderus for example), why doesn't the league enforce more English-born players to play for the clubs? Then again, the lack of good English footballers today means that your national side will always be complete crap, so I don't mind it I guess.

I can understand you supporting your team, but to treat it as if it was a somewhat serious game and actually meant something is a bit silly. It's a practice game and nothing else, really, so what coaches say about it is really not important.

It's not 'important' that you can ever say it automatically means one team is better. But it is important to the supporters of that club, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Hmm, you gave a reason as to why you thought it was better, so I treat that as you justifying your preference.

Allow me to clarify. What I meant was one of the reasons I prefer watching Super League is that the teams are respectful. From the Manly comments, I don't really get that view about the NRL. And I'm saying this as a Manly 'fan', I'm sat here in a Manly shirt as I type, actually.

I was talking about the league as a whole. Instead of buying 30 year olds from the NRL (Danny Buderus for example), why doesn't the league enforce more English-born players to play for the clubs? Then again, the lack of good English footballers today means that your national side will always be complete crap, so I don't mind it I guess.

We seem to like going for the players that are injured.

Regarding the national team, they are shit. And it's because England in general seems to not be able to work as a team with players from other teams - I doubt you watch football but the England football team is the same. If they played either Leeds Rhinos as our national team, apart from the few overseas players, I bet they'd do better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back