Real Madrid Coach Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Yesterday, the Real Madrid coach was fired over comments that he made in a press conference, saying that his team simply couldn't beat league leader Barcelona. He was fired shortly thereafter.

While I'm not a fan of soccer and know next to nothing about it save for the names of a few popular teams, this was the right move. When a coach says that his team isn't good enough to beat another team, I wouldn't want him in my organization. Those players are out there everyday practicing as hard as they can to try to get better. There is no reason at all to say that your team has no chance. If you feel your team can't win, don't take the field. Go do something else and we'll find a coach that thinks his team can win.

I know that here in America if this was said, most coaches, no matter how good or popular would be out the door. Maybe they couldn't beat the team, but don't say that. Give it everything you have, and if you still lose, there's no shame in that, not to me anyway. It's as if he turned his back on his players, and I'm glad he's fired.

So what do you think? Should he have gotten fired, or was he right to say what he said?

As the leader of a team, he shouldn't ever say his team is unable to beat another. Especially as Barcelona are Madrid's direct rivals, the two clubs hate eachother. The coach shouldn't have said this because it de-moralises his players. If their coach doesn't have any confidence in his players, then what are the players meant to think when they're already struggling?

If a coach has doubts he keeps them to himself, or at most discusses it with his assistant manager. Then, the two can work together to improve the team and make Madrid a force again. There is no doubt that Madrid are a huge, huge club, and with that comes great responbility for the coach to deliver results. they hadn't won in quite a few games and were lower down in the table than normal. Heck, coming 2nd in the league is seen as a dissapointment for them, and could easily see the coach being sacked.

I think it was all mind games to be honest, IMO he was putting pressure on Barcelona (who have looked pretty much unstoppable all season) by suggesting that Real Madrid didn't have what I took. If it had worked and Barcelona had taken Madrid lightly, or if their players went in with the opinion that it was an easy game they could have easily of slipped up. It happens in the premeirship all the time- just look at where Hull are in the table. However the press made a huge noise about it and the manager was already under pressure so he was sacked. It would have been intresting to see what the result would have been if he was still in charge for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back