Lockdown: Off the Wagon Challenge - Beer Money vs Team 3D

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
OFF THE WAGON CHALLENGE FOR THE TNA AND IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES:
Team 3D vs. (c) Beer Money, Inc​

In all honesty, I almost cried when I saw this match listed on TNA's official website. One gimmick is never enough for TNA, so lets throw in 4 gimmicks in the one match. Beer Money is taking on Team 3D for the TNA Tag Team Titles, for the IWGP Tag Team Titles, in an Off the Wagon Challenge. To make matters worse, it's inside a steel cage!

Team 3D should win this. Because it makes a lot more sense. Opps, it makes sense, that's never good when it comes to TNA. Seriously though, I really can't see Robert Roode and James Storm holding two sets of tag team titles, and therefore getting rid of Team 3D from TNA. It won't happen. If it wasn't an Off the Wagon challenge, maybe Beer Money would have a much better chance, but sadly, they don't have any chance of winning this match.

So I think Brother Ray and Brother D'Von will leave Lockdown with two sets of tag team titles, while hopefully Storm or Roode turns babyface, feuds with the other member of Beer Money and joins the TNA Frontline. That stable desperately needs some starpower, and I think Storm especially would make a great addition to the TNA Frontline.

What are your thoughts on this controversial tag team match?

While I agree with you that Team 3D will win, I don't think they're going to break up Beer Money. It's simply too hot of a tag team. It was a shame when they broke up America's Most Wanted, although it was for Chris Harris' "future" (panned out great, eh?). Although both guys have great potential as singles competitors, they should wait a year or two before being pushed as main event stars. Hopefully by then TNA will start phasing out the legends.

Well obviously Beer Money is going to lose, but I think they're still a good distance away from what AMW was. AMW was the same way that Edge and Christian were at the end of their run. Those teams simply outgrew the tag division and there was no point to just give them meaningless long title reigns. Beer Money still has several months left as a team if not a year or more. This will likely lead to another 3-4 months of feuding between these teams which will make the feud incredibly stale. 3D isn't going to need another title reign as they're already the most decorated team of all time. This match will go to 3D as they're not going to be fired, but I could see this ending stupidly in something like a time limit draw or something like that. This won't be great as 3D simply isn't a good team anymore, but it'll be ok at worst.

i believe, that this is not an off the wagon match. because beer money wants team 3d to be around after to see that they are no longer the greatest team in wrestling. at least i thought i heard that on impact last night.

i believe, that this is not an off the wagon match. because beer money wants team 3d to be around after to see that they are no longer the greatest team in wrestling. at least i thought i heard that on impact last night.

Thats what I thought too, but TNA's website is listing it as an OTWC so I guess it is.

I think Team 3D will win this but I don't see what the future holds for them or Beer Money. This could be the start of a breakup between Storm and Roode but the TNA tag team division is basically nothing so they may hold off on that for a while if you don't count out Shelley and Sabin or No Limit.

I think there could be another layer to this we're not seeing. The thing that has to be understood, is that Team 3D is undefeated in Japan, and they don't want to let go off that. I don't think IWGP wants to book them to lose in Japan, either. The mystique of the undefeated team is pretty cool over there.

So, perhaps, IWGP's idea is to let TNA get the title out there, defend them, whatever, and have them drop the titles off...in America. That way, Beer Money holds onto the IWGP titles and can go over to Japan for a show sometime and drop the titles over there.

Also, I don't believe this is an Off the Wagon challenge. According to TNA's official Lockdown page, it is not - just a Six Sides of Steel Match. So Team 3D can definitely lose and be fine.

So one direction this can go is being IWGP's sly way of getting some US exposure and saving Team 3D from losing the streak in Japan. IWGP clearly has no problem putting titles on one team of Americans, why not another? It would, of course, be the first time that the titles changed in America, but again, why not? Japanese fans keep on top of American wrestling, they'd all know about it. Then, when a good time comes around, Beer Money can defend the titles out in Japan and drop them.

Of course, it could be far less complicated then I'm reading and they're just adding some drama by putting 3D's titles on the line, but I've got a big feeling this is the way to drop the titles off of Team 3D and move them back toward Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back