• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lockdown 2011 Officially Headed to Cincinnati, Ohio

MachoMadness1988

HISTORY BECKONS THE MACHO MAN!
Tweet from Dixie Carter today (1/27/11)...

TNADixie Happy to announce that LOCKDOWN is headed to Cincinnati April 17 at the US Bank Arena! We'd love to have @Ochocinco join us!

TNA Lockdown 2011 is headed to Cincinnati, Ohio! Looking at pictures of inside the US Bank Area, it is a legit size. The Ochocinco vs. Lewis cage match publicity stunt is making a little more sense now!

Thoughts??

** MODERATORS NOTE **

This thread is about TNA's Lockdown Pay-Per-View event, not Dixie Carter's Twitter account, Vince McMahon, WWE or any combination of them or otherwise — keep the thread discussion on point.

I've already removed four or five posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Any more that follow will be warned/infracted over.

Thanks

— IDR

Dixie on Twitter is a separate thread. Yes, it makes TNA seem like a backyard operation run by a lightweight.

As to Lockdown in the US Bank Arena in Cincinatti, this is likely to be a disaster. Wikipedia says that place holds 17000 for basketball. So if TNA gets 3500 people in the building, (BFG 2010) that's around 13,000 empty seats.

I am from Cincy & I can honestly say no1 cares to see these guys come to town. If Sting was resigned then MAYBE. However i would rather watch WWE reruns than spend the money to watch EVERY match contested in a cage. As far as Marvin vs Ochostinko goes. I can't stand Chad and hope he leaves the bengals as he has just become an annoyance over the years. Even when he hosted the last Raw event which i was at live, it was stupid as he had no intrest in it at all. TNA, Stay away from my town lol.

I'm excited for this. The publicity stunt with Ochocinco is a great way for the people of Cincinnati to be aware the TNA LOCKDOWN is coming. I think this is the earliest they have ever announced a location for Lockdown, so it's 3-4 months to promote Lockdown coming Cinci w/ the Ochocinco publicity to keep in consideration.

The road to Lockdown should be a good one. I think they have big plans for it, because they bumped Victory Road up to before Lockdown to make the road to Lockdown more special. Lockdown and BFG are my favorite PPVs.

how is it negative to have Dixie on twitter?
someone in a high ranking position should not be on twitter? I guess someone should tell that to the President of the Unite States, Barack Obama. he is on twitter.

having Lockdown in Cincinnati seems like TNA reaching out more to get Johnson/Lewis. I still doubt it happens.

Personally, I think any time they decide to take a PPV out of Orlando, it can only be a good thing. The IWC has been getting on TNA's case for ages to get out of the Impact Zone. Now they're making it happen.

As for "wes2611x", it's apparent you're a WWE mark who's only coming in here to troll. You fail. No one cares to see TNA in Cincy? Well, there's you and maybe a couple of your friends. That's two.. okay, let's be generous and say you've managed to get eleven people who share your point of view. That's still a dozen in a city of over 300,000. And that's not counting the fans from elsewhere in Ohio or the surrounding area who are excited to see something like this come to their neck of the woods. Will they sell the place out? Probably not. Will they get a decent enough crowd to make it all worth it? Damn right they will.

So wes, please do us all a favor.. go back to your basement, mark out for the WWE like a good little fanboy and STFU.

The Ochocinco thing is just a great way to get television promotion in ohio where the ppv is taking place. It was already covered on fox news web page and you have to figure every local news sports section will cover the story bringing publicity to the event and tna. The match doesnt even need to happen. Maybe they just will get them to string people along thinking they might have a match garnering even more local news attention.

And to people thinking that it is a huge arena and that TNA cant draw enough please receive a reality check. Even wwe doesn't sell out all there events. They tarp over sections and work the camera angles to make it look like a full house every time. TNA might not draw huge but will draw enough to make it look legit.

when do tickets go on sale? I assume soon? even if Johnson/Lewis doesn't happen, your not going to know that right away. there could be a lot of people buying tickets just in case.

I still do not think this Chad Johnson vs. Marvin Lewis match is not gonna ever happen. But they should just get Chad Johnson to take on somebody like Eric Williams. I mean Williams was in the Fortune locker room he could be somewhat apart of the group but for comedy relief. They could have him fight Chad Johnson, I mean thats only wrestler I can see CJ fight and it be somewhat alright to an certain display.

Guys, if I may.... as a former Cincinnati resident, someone who still considers the city home and a (sigh, I guess I may as well go ahead and admit this) Bengals fan, I can tell you... the match will never happen. Why? Marvin Lewis. He's been dealing with Chad's nonsense for years. He's not going to play Chad's game and make a media spectacle out of himself. He's already had to deal with the criticisms that Chad and T.O. get that they're more concerned about their reality shows and self-promotion than their on-field play. Never going to happen.

Chad MAY come to the event and "call out" Marvin and then do the same thing that always happens - the other guy doesn't show up and Chad declares himself the winner.

Still... glad TNA chose Cincinnati to hold the event.

DUDE ARE YOU KIDDING ME ITS A THEME PPV OKAY SO EVERY MATCH CONSISTS IN IT WHATS THE BIG DEAL LIKE SURVIVOR SERIES IN ELIMINATION SO IT DOESN'T REALLY HAPPEN ANYMORE BUT IT DID FOR HOW MANY YEARS AND THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH TNA FOR HAVING LOCKDOWN I MEAN WHATS GOOD WITH WWE HEY CORRE VS NEXUS WOW ITS NOT EVEN NEXUS IF THE ONLY GUY WHO WAS IN THE ORIGINAL AND IT WAS OTUNGA

OK, im gonna make the prediction right now...Chad Johnson(hes dropping the Ocho Cinco again...ugh), might be at the arena for this PPV, but, he wont be participating in any matches.

Think back to when WWE said that, there was going to be the match with Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell, they hired look a likes. That is what is going to happen here, if they go with the Chad vs. Marvin match, it will be two look a likes, AKA, two local indy wrestlers.

OK, im gonna make the prediction right now...Chad Johnson(hes dropping the Ocho Cinco again...ugh), might be at the arena for this PPV, but, he wont be participating in any matches.

Think back to when WWE said that, there was going to be the match with Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell, they hired look a likes. That is what is going to happen here, if they go with the Chad vs. Marvin match, it will be two look a likes, AKA, two local indy wrestlers.

Yeah true but then that be wasted because they would not get any media attention because Chad Johnson and Marvin Lewis would not be at the event so no publicity. WWE got no publicity with the Donald TRump vs Rosie O Donnell thing.

I personally think that every one has a price and if TNA offer Lewis the right amount of money, then he will gladly participate. Think about it, he is rocking up to a scripted match and getting a decent pay cheque from it. Why the hell would he knock that back IF the right amount of money was offered?

Wrestling is scripted, everyone knows that and if people think Lewis's reputation is at stake by jobbing to Johnson, then they are well and truly mistaken. People will turn out in droves to see this one go down. Time will tell just how successful this event in Cinc is!

I hate football with a passion and had never even heard of Ochocinco until his WWE Raw appearance. But I'm a Cinci resident that is totally pumped about TNA coming to town. I've been to plenty of WWE events at the US Bank Arena, it will be very interesting to see if TNA can fill that venue. I was at this week's Smackdown taping there on Tuesday & there were lots of empty seats.....

I'm glad Lockdown is headed towards my neck of the woods. Cincinnati is only a few short hours from me. I went to the U.S Bank Arena before about 6 years ago for Raw where the main event was Edge vs. Batista. I don't know if Chad Johnson will be there or not, but I really don't care. I despise him and could care less about the "Bungals". My friend had a great time going to Lockdown in St. Louis a few years ago, so I think it should be great show to see live.

I usually only see the TNA house shows that come to Kentucky, and I have never seen any wrestling PPV before. I will definitely be going there. I don't think I have to worry about TNA selling out the arena since it holds about 17,000 people. You can honestly probably buy an upper arena ticket and be moved to lower arena so they can block off the upper arena for cameras. Lockdown is usually the best show of the year for TNA, and hopefully this show won't disappoint.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if TNA sales out US Bank Arena.There are a ton of wrestling fans in the Cincinnati Area.If there wasn't shows like Nitro,Raw and Smackdown(not to mention pay per views from all major companies) over they years wouldn't bother coming here.If i didnt have to work i would go no doubt just because TNA is something new to watch.Think about the size of the arena compared to most arena's in other cities.It should easily sale out with no football or baseball events going on.

Add the names like Hogan,Jeff Hardy,RVD and all the other top names in TNA and you have a solid group of wrestlers people around Cincinnati/Columbus/Northern Kentucky just don't get to see that often.We all can't afford to drive to Florida and hope to get in on an Impact taping.I look for it to be a pretty good even.It sure as hell will beat the alternative.Waiting for the 1-2 times a year WWE come to town year after year(half of which aren't live event's and are only house shows which tend to be more relaxed fun and entertaining any ways compared to live events/taping)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back