• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LMFAO

Or it's just that I used to be impartial to you, and the longer I've seen the more I find you to be a prick. Almost everything you say or do is prickish. Sports, games, music, really anything around here...you can't have any kind of debate or discussion without being a total prick about it. Some pricks around here I like. Some do the same kind of stuff and it doesn't bother me. You, however, do. So, um, sorry if your panties are a little bunched by it.

Also, hey, look at your own argument:

And popularity is pretty fucking important.

So if people thinking you are a fucking prick is rather popular....

It IS an indicator of popularity. And popularity is pretty fucking important. And I don't get why people think that just because someone is popular they automatically suck. They don't suck. They are popular, and pretty fucking good. They are a solid rock group. quality vocals, good guitar, and good beats.

You're right, it is an indicator of popularity, perhaps now you're starting to understand the analogy that I made.

So because it's "generic" it sucks? Fuck, that's the shittiest argument I ever saw. How did whatever you consider "generic" come to be? You know how? because people fucking liked it, because it was GOOD.

No, you really suck at this don't you.

I don't listen to it because it's generic. It's generic because the lyrics sound like all the other mainstream lyrics, all their music bleeds together and sounds the same. It's generic because they're trying to please a larger group of people so they sing about generic shit that the common brain dead, musictards such as yourself can relate to.

if you really look into almost anyones popular music, they keep doing the same thing over and over.

That's why I rarely listen to any, ANY popular music, because it's all generic and shit.

Katy Perry: I want people to think I'm a lesbian/bisexual.
Lady Gaga: I'm weird and different.

I'd go into more, but really they're the only pop music people that matter right now.

So hate on all popular music if you want, but just realize that you're most likely being a fucking hypocrite.

Nope, not being a hypocrite, you're just trying to argue for the fuck of it, and you really seem to have no clue what you're talking about. Please go back to leading you boring, generic, mundane life; I don't recall bringing up the Yankees, so I'm not sure where all this vaginal sand is coming from.

I don't listen to it because it's generic. It's generic because the lyrics sound like all the other mainstream lyrics, all their music bleeds together and sounds the same. It's generic because they're trying to please a larger group of people so they sing about generic shit that the common brain dead, musictards such as yourself can relate to.

Not for nothing but AC/DC must have some of the most generic lyrics and simplest guitar chords ever written. However, they are legendary. While I agree with many of your points, SSC, this one is just dogshit.

Truth be told, the majority of hits that came out of 80's metal were made up of power chords, simplistic music, and lyrics that could be understood by any teenaged horn-dog on the planet. Nowadays, that music is also legendary.

See what I'm sayin?

AC-DC and Nickelback aren't quite the same thing there, though. Like, at all. AC-DC at least had the appeal of shooting for the lowly modern man, the bottom of the working class. Nickelback WISHES they had that kind of charm.

Not for nothing but AC/DC must have some of the most generic lyrics and simplest guitar chords ever written. However, they are legendary. While I agree with many of your points, SSC, this one is just dogshit.

Truth be told, the majority of hits that came out of 80's metal were made up of power chords, simplistic music, and lyrics that could be understood by any teenaged horn-dog on the planet. Nowadays, that music is also legendary.

See what I'm sayin?

I see what you're getting at, but these are two totally different eras of music that you're comparing. That kind of music was totally different than anything else back then, while it was simple it wasn't generic back then. Now days it's easy to call it generic, but at the time it was anything but.

Generic isn't necessarily a bad thing either, but it's not what I'm looking for in my music. Lot's of things have to be generic in order to reach a larger audience, and that's fine' but when I'm trying to find something new to listen to I want something different, something that doesn't sound like the last hit on the radio; it's just my personal preference in music.

That Party Rockers theme is catchy as shit, but LMFAO wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as they are if Daft Punk came out with more than one album every six years or if other French house acts would adopt gimmicks as cool as Daft Punk's robotronic one. If you find yourself wanting to download any music from LMFAO, do yourself a favor and check out The Knocks. They're not as well-known as LMFAO, but their songs are just as catchy and I their samples are much, much better.

LMFAO, they're like the fucking Nickleback of electronic music.

Quoted for TRUTHINESS.

and the millions.... AND MILLIONS... of record sales for Nickelback prove why that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

I'm fucking sick of the Nickelback hate. They're generic mainstream hard(er) rock. They also have sold shit-tons of music. That's because people fucking like that stuff.

Nickelback could sell twelve billion records, it wouldn't matte, their music is fucking atrocious, it's uncreative, it's derivative, it's painfully behind the times, it's like they're the Backstreet Boys of rock music in relation to pop music. So many albums sold, so little actual musical talent involved with any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back