• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LMFAO

LMFAO, they're like the fucking Nickleback of electronic music.
and the millions.... AND MILLIONS... of record sales for Nickelback prove why that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

I'm fucking sick of the Nickelback hate. They're generic mainstream hard(er) rock. They also have sold shit-tons of music. That's because people fucking like that stuff.

and the millions.... AND MILLIONS... of record sales for Nickelback prove why that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

I'm fucking sick of the Nickelback hate. They're generic mainstream hard(er) rock. They also have sold shit-tons of music. That's because people fucking like that stuff.

Pitbull gets a remix of every song to air on mainstream radio. Does that mean he's good? NOPE. Being formulaic for sales sake does not mean they are good. You said it yourself. GENERIC.

Record sales mean jack shit as far as music quality is concerned. Miley Cyrus has millions in record sales too, Hilary Duff sold millions of records, I'm pretty sure Lindsay Lohan cracked a million too. My point it pretty self explanatory.

I mean, if you like Nickleback, so be it, to each their own; but just because you like it, and millions of albums have been sold doesn't mean that the music is actually "good". There have been millions of ICP albums sold, but that doesn't mean their putting out quality music.

Will I go out of my way to listen to them? Hell no.

Will I care if they're playing on the jukebox at the bar? It's better than hearing the same 10 country/generic rock songs for the 10,000th time.

It's not much of a step up from that, but it's there.

Record sales mean jack shit as far as music quality is concerned. Miley Cyrus has millions in record sales too, Hilary Duff sold millions of records, I'm pretty sure Lindsay Lohan cracked a million too. My point it pretty self explanatory.

I mean, if you like Nickleback, so be it, to each their own; but just because you like it, and millions of albums have been sold doesn't mean that the music is actually "good". There have been millions of ICP albums sold, but that doesn't mean their putting out quality music.

Ok, so how's this argument? From a musician's point of view, I think Nickelback is fucking awesome. Great vocals from Kroeger, obvious influences from Pantera, taking all of that and wrapping it up into a form that is mainstream radio-friendly. It's brilliant pop-rock music at its best.

Ok, so how's this argument? From a musician's point of view, I think Nickelback is fucking awesome. Great vocals from Kroeger, obvious influences from Pantera, taking all of that and wrapping it up into a form that is mainstream radio-friendly. It's brilliant pop-rock music at its best.

Firstly, I'm not knocking anyone for what they choose to listen to, just pointing out that record sales are not an indicator of quality.

I hear cheesy, unrelatable lyrics; rehashed guitar riffs and an overall underwhelming product. That's my personal opinion. I'm not knocking his voice, cause he's a pretty decent frontman, but their music is meant to appeal to the masses. I feel their music is as generic as you're gonna get, and nothing about appeals to me. There is absolutely no depth or meaning to any of the lyrics, it's always party this and party that, fuck like a rock star yada yada yada....

No offense, but how did you connect Nickelback to Pantera? I can't see the influence.

They've fully admitted that Pantera was a major influence for their music. They put together numerous tributes in honor of Dimebag Darrel.

I feel more of a Queen vibe than Pantera. Often fast lyrics and upbeat riffs. Though them covering "Rock You" probably helps with that.

Firstly, I'm not knocking anyone for what they choose to listen to, just pointing out that record sales are not an indicator of quality.
It IS an indicator of popularity. And popularity is pretty fucking important. And I don't get why people think that just because someone is popular they automatically suck. They don't suck. They are popular, and pretty fucking good. They are a solid rock group. quality vocals, good guitar, and good beats.

I'm not knocking his voice, cause he's a pretty decent frontman, but their music is meant to appeal to the masses. I feel their music is as generic as you're gonna get, and nothing about appeals to me.
So because it's "generic" it sucks? Fuck, that's the shittiest argument I ever saw. How did whatever you consider "generic" come to be? You know how? because people fucking liked it, because it was GOOD.

There is absolutely no depth or meaning to any of the lyrics, it's always party this and party that, fuck like a rock star yada yada yada....
if you really look into almost anyones popular music, they keep doing the same thing over and over.

Katy Perry: I want people to think I'm a lesbian/bisexual.
Lady Gaga: I'm weird and different.

I'd go into more, but really they're the only pop music people that matter right now.

So hate on all popular music if you want, but just realize that you're most likely being a fucking hypocrite.

It IS an indicator of popularity. And popularity is pretty fucking important. And I don't get why people think that just because someone is popular they automatically suck. They don't suck. They are popular, and pretty fucking good. They are a solid rock group. quality vocals, good guitar, and good beats.

Or they're popular because listeners are stupid. I mean, if the majority of music listeners think one way and we think another, THEY'RE the morons, right? :rolleyes:

So because it's "generic" it sucks? Fuck, that's the shittiest argument I ever saw. How did whatever you consider "generic" come to be? You know how? because people fucking liked it, because it was GOOD.

Most music is generic. And generic is a subjective term made up by people who don't have a clue as to what the fuck they're talking about.

if you really look into almost anyones popular music, they keep doing the same thing over and over.

My previous point exactly.

Katy Perry: I want people to think I'm a lesbian/bisexual.
Lady Gaga: I'm weird and different.

Exactly. It amazes me how people promote themselves by making themselves out to be complete abominations so they can simultaneously be memorable. Any press is good press, right?

If I didn't find dancing to be a repugnant act, I guess I probably wouldn't hate LMFAO as much as I do.

People claiming that selling a million albums makes you good at what you do? In an era where Jersey Shore is a ratings powerhouse? I don't buy it.

Just to clarify something mentioned earlier, record sales can absolutely be taken as a indication of quality.

Yes; this is the point in the evening where I show up to defend the honour of Miley Cyrus. She has released multiple successful albums, this makes her (or at least the people responsible for producing her album) a good musician. Fame and marketing does not purchase one multiple successful albums, that is something that only happens as a result of people liking your music.

There are millions upon millions of people out there who love Miley Cyrus's music, yet people thoughtlessly consider it to be shit. Why? Because it's music for twelve year old girls. Well sorry; but twelve year old girls have exactly as much right to enjoy music as you do, and expecting their music to conform to your ill defined and contradictory standards ranks right down their with proclaiming John Cena to be a terrible professional wrestler because he only knows five moves.

Obviously the choice can be made to criticise such music for its lack of 'artistic value', which is a perfectly valid stance to take provided you don't mind either indulging in transparent hypocrisy or appearing woefully ignorant of the concept of 'art'.

You see, I'm not much of a fan of contemporary music (stop the presses I know). I have very little time for much outside of the classical and experimental genres. Most of the stuff that has achieved popularity over the past couple of decades I consider to be incredibly derivative both in structure and in themes, to display a lack of original thought or meaning behind any lyrics that should exist and the possess very little in the way of technical skill behind their composition. When I do indulge in music I favour classical composition, oft considered to be of a 'high brow' musical genre (another term I cannot abide).

The fairly obvious issue is that, should I take it into my mind to participate in a musical debate with views to the nature of "Attention inferior beings. As a more developed intellect I favour music that holds real artistic value over your derivative meaningless noise. My fondness for Bach fully validates me in proclaiming your music of preference to be both meaningless and shit." then I would quite correctly be identified as both unbelievably pretentious and a complete cunt. Yet to use exactly the same language to dismiss music, film or television such as Justin Beeber or The Jersey Shore is not only considered acceptable, it is socially encouraged.

The key factor is judging the quality of music aimed at small children has to be 'do small children enjoy it'. Since countless millions apparently enjoy Miley Cyres I think for anyone to suggest that her music is bad reeks of ill-conceived pretension and hypocrisy.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this entire argument can be rewritten to provide a staunch defence of whatever the hell it is that D enjoys and that I've never heard of.

Reactions: TLC
They've fully admitted that Pantera was a major influence for their music. They put together numerous tributes in honor of Dimebag Darrel.

This is true. I went to see them in Dublin 3 years ago and they had an interview from Dimebag on the main screen. They also played Cowboys from hell, was pretty awsome!

DirtyJosé;3465763 said:
John Cena's "You Can't See Me" broke a million. Just sayin'.

Pfft. Kurt could outsell that thing with a broken freakin' neck. And some alcohol.

DirtyJosé;3465763 said:
Also, not surprised ST is a Nickelback ho.

I'm nor surprised I like quality mainstream rock music either. Just like I'm not surprised you're a fucking useless piece of shit hairdressing ******.

I'm nor surprised I like quality mainstream rock music either. Just like I'm not surprised you're a fucking useless piece of shit hairdressing ******.

Whoa there, getting a little hot under the collar baby?

Also, the irony of being called a ****** for hairdressing by the Nickelback fan is I R O N I C G O L D !

(EDIT: even better is that I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE that being a hair dresser gets me far more pussy than you being your everyday boring ass vanilla male dipshit routine gets you.)

Quality, ha! That's a good one. Go back to your Billboard top 40 adult rock hits, chump. Is it just me, or does it seem like you're a ****e for all the pedestrian bland flavorless drivel they market to idiotic white bread assholes like yourself?

Finally, how long before you pull out that "I Has An Anger Issue" nonsense again? Be a fucking man and own your fucking words, pussy.

Reactions: gd
It might shock you to learn I lack strong preferences in music. Go on: Let that sink in. Doesn't evoke any real emotional response, does it?!

Reactions: gd
DirtyJosé;3465892 said:
Whoa there, getting a little hot under the collar baby?
Finally, how long before you pull out that "I Has An Anger Issue" nonsense again? Be a fucking man and own your fucking words, pussy.

I am owning my words you pile of excrement.

I'm fucking sick of being degraded every fucking time I try and say something on here. I have never done a god damn thing to you, and you have to degrade me like a common fucking bully.

Why don't you dive headfirst into a 6 inch deep kiddie pool filled with bodily fluids of HIV patients.

DirtyJosé;3465909 said:
******s, shit, and HIV. Is that all you think about, ST? Want to talk about it?
ummmm, no, it's not at all what I think about. It's what I think about when I see your name though, because that's all you are.

Seriously though, Dirty, what the fuck did I ever do to you to deserve your hate? I did nothing, that's what I did. Hating me is popular for some ungodly reason, so you figured you'd join in.

You're the saddest of them all though. I may have at least had some sort of issue with the group of people that hate me, but you're just doing it because you think it's popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back