• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Live Discussion: Raw 1/5/09

C.M.

WrestleMania Main Event

Time to shine

It's the very first edition of Monday Night Raw in 2009 and CM Punk has a golden opportunity against Intercontinental Champion William Regal for the title, live on Raw. Also, World Tag Team Champions Miz & Morrison face Rey Mysterio & Kofi Kingston, Kelly Kelly battles Jillian and Glamarella collides with Melina & Goldust

The way their hyping this, either CM Punk wins it or something crazy happens in the match. I don't see a clean finish with Regal retaining. I think Regal was just in the right place at the right time to win the title, to be honest.

hopefully Regal wins dirty. We could do with a proper feud over the IC title. Punk and Regal stretched out over a couple of months could be really valuable. Heck, it could even be the main singles match at No Way Out, as the EC chambers sell themselves.

He'll either feud with Legacy then flounder in the mid card and then be sent back to developmental, or he'll rejoin legacy.

In short: who really cares?

Yeah, so, let's not be posting SPOILERS in the thread. That includes anything going on backstage before the show.

im here tonight people. im hoping it will be a good Raw to coincide with my 24th birthday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back