• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lists in your signature

At this point shouldn't we all just make lists of our favorites comedians and then Nate can make a list of his favorite posters based on our list?

I'll start:

5. Jimmy
4. Andy Kaufman
3. Benny Hill
2. Dean Martin
1. Fozzie Bear

I'm sooo unconventional.

Sounds like a decent enough idea

5: Jimmy Carr
4: Dara O'Brien
3: Bill Bailey
2: Eddie Izzard
1: Dylan Moran

5. Jeff Dunh-- LOLNO. Eddie Murphy/Rodney Dangerfield (Eddie isn't consistent enough)
4. Richard Pryor
3. Bill Cosby
2. George Carlin
1. Jim Jeffries

3 and 4 are interchangable. CK would probably be in my top 10

Notes:

Louis CK is over-rated? Go fuck yourself.

Louis is not as popular as Dave Chappelle. He's more relevant at the moment since he has actually done something in the past 7 years, but he's not as famous.

Louie is not as popular as Chappelle's show was. Not even close.

I personally prefer Louis over Chappelle. I have no beef with anyone who thinks otherwise. The main thing that tips the scale in his favor for me is his ability to be funny on the fly. I've seen Chappelle in sit-down situations and he's never funny. Louis is.

My top five, which fluctuates almost hourly, is as follows:

Carlin
Louis CK
Chappelle
Jim Jeffries
Patton Oswalt

Notice there is only one black guy. Katt Williams and Richard Pryor would be in my top ten, but I've literally never seen another black comedian with even the slightest hint of originality.

You guys are ****.

Carlin, Chappelle, Robin Williams, David Cross, Jim Jeffries, Jim Gaffigan, Eric Young

Edit: Katt Williams sucks, Louis is overrated because people act like he is the best comedian right now which I find more amusing than anything I have ever seen the guy do.

Notes:

Louis CK is over-rated? Go fuck yourself.

Louis is not as popular as Dave Chappelle. He's more relevant at the moment since he has actually done something in the past 7 years, but he's not as famous.

Louie is not as popular as Chappelle's show was. Not even close.

I personally prefer Louis over Chappelle. I have no beef with anyone who thinks otherwise. The main thing that tips the scale in his favor for me is his ability to be funny on the fly. I've seen Chappelle in sit-down situations and he's never funny. Louis is.

My top five, which fluctuates almost hourly, is as follows:

Carlin
Louis CK
Chappelle
Jim Jeffries
Patton Oswalt

Notice there is only one black guy. Katt Williams and Richard Pryor would be in my top ten, but I've literally never seen another black comedian with even the slightest hint of originality.

You guys are ****.

Cosby and Patrice O'neal

That's about it.

I find Steve Harvey can be pretty funny, not sure how Chris Rock can be described as unoriginal.

Steve Harvey used to be pretty funny. Then he just decided to appeal to the Gospel crowd.

Chris Rock in a nutshell: BLACK PEOPLE AND WHITE PEOPLE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY!!!!!

I was going to write a very sardonic list in my signature, just for this, but then I remembered that even being a tool ironically still counts as being a tool.

Real list of stand ups:

5. Bill Cosby - I must have watched Himself 10 times as a kid
4. Daniel Tosh - he's become better known for Tosh.0 but his stand up is great
3. Louie CK - his material is so easy to relate to as a white, unattractive, father who is getting old
2. Chris Rock - all of his specials make me laugh
1. George Carlin - too much great material to be anything other than #1

Honorable mention to Eddie Murphy, Donald Glover (he compares having AIDS to having kids), Rodney Dangerfield, Sam Kinison and the "Diceman". Fuck these UK comics!

Real list of stand ups:

3. Louie CK - his material is so easy to relate to as a white, unattractive, father who is getting old

Honorable mention to Eddie Murphy, Donald Glover (he compares having AIDS to having kids), Rodney Dangerfield, Sam Kinison and the "Diceman". Fuck these UK comics!

You guys have obviously never heard of Jim Jeffries. Aussie comedian who isn't for the feint of heart.

Real list of stand ups:

I have no idea how I missed Tosh. There was a solid year where he was absolute favorite. And Donald Glover is awesome too. I don't count him as a black comic though.

You guys have obviously never heard of Jim Jeffries. Aussie comedian who isn't for the feint of heart.

A lot of people have already brought him up. Get with it.

Nate in a nutshell: laugh at Louis C.K., shit pants, cheer John Cena, shit floor.

1336364959housesadnod-gif.gif

My top five, in no particular order cause it's changes constantly.

• Brad Williams
  • George Carlin
  • Doug Benson
  • Louis CK
  • Anthony Jeselnik

Jack Whitehall? Meh. Apart from one great Jeremy Kyle bit I watched last night, he's not really ever funny. Actually, most of the time, he's a bit cringe-worthy.

Sean Lock is a favourite of mine. Quite similar to Louis CK in the sense that he can be funny almost effortlessly.

He's funny to me, damnit! It was either him or Jimmy Carr... or Dara O'Brien... or Kevin Bridges... or; fuck it there are too many British/Irish comedians!

Jack Whitehall? Meh. Apart from one great Jeremy Kyle bit I watched last night, he's not really ever funny. Actually, most of the time, he's a bit cringe-worthy.

I find his voice irritating as shit, because he is very evidently posh, but what he says can be pretty funny. The Come Dine With Me sketch is pretty good also, but his running down of Robert Pattinson is brilliant:

[YOUTUBE]PuuObC_JEbg[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back