• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lillian leaving the WWE!

Chill

Championship Contender
On the main page it was reported that Lillian Garcia has announced she is leaving WWE when her contract expires. I had heard that the company was looking for a new female announcer/singer but I never really read into it but now it has come out that Lillian is leaving. I don't know about anyone else but I think she is an excellent ring announcer and whoever follows her will have a lot to live up to...yes Lillian made errors and mistakes, but still imo she is the best announcer out of the current crop and I'm sorry to see her go. Anyway, the show will go on as they say but just not with Lillian Garcia!!...

Thoughts?

(I see there is another thread about this so if someone could merge it that would be good.)

Lilian Garcia Announces That She is Leaving WWE
by Nick Paglino
Jun 28, 2009 Lilian Garcia posted the following announcement over at www.liliangarcia.com this morning:

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well! I am writing to address the situation in which WWE is looking for a Female Ring Announcer/Singer. The truth of the matter is that they are looking for someone new because I have given them my notice that I will be leaving at the end of my contract this year. It is with a heavy heart that I have made this decision because WWE has been my family from day one and you, the WWE Universe have always been incredible to me. The fact is that I am getting married later this year and have decided to enter into a new phase of my life but I will truly miss all of you and the WWE tremendously.

Love you all & keep rockin!

Forever Rockin’,
Lilian :)

Well truth be told, don't see at a major hit for the WWE. I like Lillian don't get me wrong, but I do not think her departure will be that huge of a loss for the WWE. I'm sure they will find someone who can sing just as well as she could and once trained up could be a really good announcer. But still it kind of sucks, she's been around for a while and announced for both Raw and Smackdown.

Even though she doesn't come right out and say it I think the travel would be the biggest reason she's leaving. She's on the road perhaps more than the wrestler's themselves. I forget sometimes, that Lillian, the timekeepers and the ring crew and backstage crew probably actually travel more than the wrestlers, which would take its toll on anyone.

So goodbye and goodluck to Lillian Garca.

its sad to see her go as she was the best there was today. she was good to look at to. i just hope they do not put a screw up in her place. nothing sucks more then a bad ring announcer it ruins the flow of the show.

What is with everybody either leaving or getting released from WWE? Do they know something we don't? I know its tough out these days and layoffs and all that but it seems to be more and more.

I will miss lilian garcia I never new it was another ring annocer as a female like her.
But in my opionion I think the very best ring annoucer is Justin Roberts because he has very unique ways of introducing superstars exspecally Undertaker and Edge.

But Garcia is very sexy and had the best annoucment when she annouced Chris Benoit at Backlash 2004 when he was in his hometown she gave it her all to reconized he was World Champ and she mention that Chris Benoit was Alberta's very own.

Lilian had a great voice, and I was happy to see them bring a female Ring Announcer to Raw. She did have many screw-ups over the years, though ... but at the same time, she improved dramatically.

She did frequently forget to announce things like weight, sometimes hometown, and things like that. I don't know. I guess I feel if you are a ring announcer, your job isn't really that hard, so therefore you should be able to do things like this consistently.

I also give her kudos for being bilingual, as she did a great job in the Overseas tours going to Spanish speaking territories. I saw her do a show in Spain which she announced all in Spanish, and I thought that was fantastic.

I do like having someone special to do the ring announcing on Raw. Chimel or Roberts doesn't have that "special" feel to them. If they could get another female with a very unique voice, that would be great. But I wouldn't have a problem if they could get a very unique male voice, either. They just need someone special for the role.

I will miss that spanish accent. She had a nice body too but a butterface IMO. But she was really talented. I guess she is goin home to make babies like Shawn did over 10 years ago. I don't think they can find a female talent as talented as her. They will probably put some chode announcer or that awful Tiffany girl as a replacement.

That's to bad. She's been with the company for 10 years and I can understand why she would want to leave. Wants to begin a new chapter of her life and that's great. I wish her all the best, she was amazing. =]

who cares? Im sure hardly anyone watched the program for her. She isnt really very good. like, at all. Give me some Howard Finkel.

The ECW guy, and SD guy are better anyway. Lillian was by far the lesser of them all. So, yea, whatever.

It's too bad this didn't happen ten years ago.

I never liked Lillian Garcia. Ever. In fact, her replacing of Tony Chimel happened to coincide with RAW starting to go downhill.

Goodbye, Butterface. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Lilian Garcia Announces That She is Leaving WWE
by Nick Paglino
Jun 28, 2009 Lilian Garcia posted the following announcement over at www.liliangarcia.com this morning:

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well! I am writing to address the situation in which WWE is looking for a Female Ring Announcer/Singer. The truth of the matter is that they are looking for someone new because I have given them my notice that I will be leaving at the end of my contract this year. It is with a heavy heart that I have made this decision because WWE has been my family from day one and you, the WWE Universe have always been incredible to me. The fact is that I am getting married later this year and have decided to enter into a new phase of my life but I will truly miss all of you and the WWE tremendously.

Love you all & keep rockin!

Forever Rockin’,
Lilian :)

Well truth be told, don't see at a major hit for the WWE. I like Lillian don't get me wrong, but I do not think her departure will be that huge of a loss for the WWE. I'm sure they will find someone who can sing just as well as she could and once trained up could be a really good announcer. But still it kind of sucks, she's been around for a while and announced for both Raw and Smackdown.

Even though she doesn't come right out and say it I think the travel would be the biggest reason she's leaving. She's on the road perhaps more than the wrestler's themselves. I forget sometimes, that Lillian, the timekeepers and the ring crew and backstage crew probably actually travel more than the wrestlers, which would take its toll on anyone.

So goodbye and goodluck to Lillian Garca.

Oh. Sorry. I was waiting to see if I would ever really give a shit. Nope. Not happening. I'll wait a little longer.

Sorry. Not happening. I never watched the WWE for her, I never said "Oh, good thing Lillian Hall is here, this match would have SUCKED without her."

And besides, what was the biggest thing she's done? Get her skirt ripped off by McMahon when Hornswoggle ran under her?

I hope everything goes well with her marriage and all that. But really. Nothing will change. Except we'll get another announcer, probably some semi-hot chick, who forgets what to say and screws up every now and again.

It's all good. I watch the show for the story being told to me, not the chick who tells me how much they weigh.

Lillian is smoking hot and will be missed. And all you homo's that would rather see Chimel should start praying to god you don't burn in hell for being gay. I just hope the WWE don't pull some stunt to "kill her off", as she really don't deserve it. She has no wrestling training and has let the WWE embarrass her enough over the years.

Cheers to Lillian Garcia.

Let’s hope they move Jillian Hall to the job of Ring Announcer and let her sing the National Anthem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back