Lillian Garcia is BACK!!!

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/lilian-garcia-returns

WWE has just announced on their website that Lillian Garcia is returning to the WWE!! She will be the new permanent ring announcer for the Smackdown brand. We all remember her as the ring announcer for Raw so this is a cool change of pace.

Lillian was cited to be a 10-year diva veteran of the WWE after being a part of the company from 1999-2009. Now, after two years, she's back in the WWE and doing what she does best. Due to her being a Smackdown announcer, this thread will eventually make it over to the Smackdown section. But, for now, and to avoid the possibility of duplicate topics being created in the WWE section (because they always do) we'll keep it in here for now.

Is anyone else as happy about this as I am? Discuss it here!

(Remember, this is a non-spam section so give reasons as to WHY you're happy/unhappy that she's back. Any violation of our rules will result in warning/infraction!)

I just now saw it on the Facebook Page for WWE and I had to check the Official Site just to make sure. Yes I am so glad Lillian is back and cannot wait to see her back on Smackdown. Welcome Back!

I'm very glad she's back. Why am I glad?

Because Tony Chimmel looks like this:

chimelecw2.jpg

Justin Roberts looks like this:

Justin_Roberts.6.jpg

And Lillian Garcia looks like this:

lilian+garcia.jpg

In short, I'm glad she's back because she's GORGEOUS. Also she has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. She has personality, she has looks, she can sing, what's not to like? Very glad she's back.

Guess im the only one who didnt like her. Howard Finkel was and always will be the best one. I hope they dont push her singing down our throats. Never enjoyed her voice.

Hmm Chimmel or Lilian??? God thats a tough one for me to decide with the slighest of margins HELL YAH LILIAN!!!! Glad to have you back we have all missed you:worship: :blush::blush:

AMEN Our prayers are answered! No longer will we have the voice cracking Chimel-nuts to deal with! Now we get a woman who has done this before and to be honest was INCREDIBLE at announcing! She can get the Spanish stars names correctly and she is very eye appealing and she doesn't even need to dress like a 2 dollar skank to BE attractive! Lil in a skirt and top can do more for me than most Divas in next to nothing! Lilian brings some class back to the WWE and respectability to the announcing section! Finally the WWE has done something right!

I like this news. I also like her going to SmackDown, as it is a pleasant change of pace. Lillian was a great ring announcer. Sure, she's really hot, but that's not the primary reason I'm a fan. She has a great announcing voice and really just did well overall. If I may be so bold, she's the natural heir to Finkel's crown. Thrilled to have her back in a WWE ring. Hopefully they keep her away from any silly storylines and just let her do her job well.

Actually I'm kind of urked about her return TO SMACKDOWN. Seriously? This should be great news and then they got and slap us in the face by putting her on Smackdown? SOB man.

I want to see The Rock vs Lillian Garcia part 2. Their chemistry was awesome, and they need to strike while The Rock is still semi-around, and that sure as hell is not going to happen on Smackdown.

YES!! Best ring announcer WWE has had since Howard Finkel. She does the job right, everyone loves when she sings the national anthem too which is a bonus, she's hot which is an additive and it seems that since she's joining Smackdown, stand back Tony Chimel. Chimel has annoyed me for years and especially when he did the whole, "Rated R Suuuuuuuuuuuperstar," whenever Edge came out, he sounded like a wounded duck or some shit. Plus there is only one other main female ring announcer in professional wrestling and that is Christy Hemme and she is God awful. Said she was awful months ago and she hasn't improved a bit. Great to have Lillian back.

TTTT, I was never a fan of Lillian as a ring announcer because women just don't sound "right" when they try to project their voices like that. However, I loved her as a backstage interviewer. Her facial expressions were priceless.

I don't like it. I want Tony Chimel as SmackDown announcer for life, he's the best ring announcer in the history of wrestling in my opinion. If she was on RAW I wouldn't mind, but Tony Chimel is the voice of SmackDown and should always be.

I hope they do a segment with Lillian and The Rock. Those backstage interviews were CLASSIC.
"Do you like, strudel?"

Back on topic, she's a great announcer and it's nice to have a woman presence on the show, even if it's smaller. I just wish she was on RAW instead of Smackdown. Maybe they'll switch it up in time.

Anyway, welcome back Lillian!

I really couldn't care less about Lillian's return. I was never a fan before and I'm definitely not a fan of hers now. The fact that her return is a big deal shows how badly storylines need to be improved and new talent needs to be hired.

I would rather have Brodus Clay debut than Lillian Garcia return. In-ring talent and storylines are WWE's biggest issue, not eye candy and announcers.

Lilian on SD is better than no Lilian right? Now, if we can get Vince to persuade The Fink to replace Justin Roberts and his annoying voice on Raw, I might like the announcing again!

I don't mind Justin Roberts, he's grown on me over the time... he's got a natural announcer's voice and I'd rather hear him introduce someone to the ring than be a play-by-play announcer or a backstage interviewer (which only seems to be Matt Striker now). And honestly, his introductions can be quite entertaining at times.

As for Lilian returning to announcing, I'm very excited about this... but I also wonder how long this return will be for. Will she be here for a while, or is this just another one of those "Rock return" things? Yeah, she's on Smackdown for now, but we all know that she'll be the one introducing people at Wrestlemania...

If it is permanent, then I can see why she chose Smackdown as her returning show to announce for. For starters, she gets to keep her weekends (ideally) as I would assume that Justin Roberts is the Live Events announcer (or at least he is for the ones I go to). Also, she's on Smackdown which is pre-taped and that means she can get back into introduction shape easier.

As for Tony Chimmel, well he's not terrible. I say put him as the NXT & Superstars announcer, and replace Alicia Foxx's sister already.

I'd much rather see Lillian on RAW, Chimel on SmackDown, Roberts on Superstars/NXT, fire that other person, and keep Finkel in retirement, let him announce one or two shows a year so he can stay in the fans' eyes and give the other announcers a night off every once in a while. I just hope Lillian's return doesn't mean Chimel is out of a job, he's the best ring announcer in wrestling history as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome back Lillian! Screw Justin Roberts too. Put her on Smackdown AND Raw. I look forward to hearing her sing the National Anthem at upcoming live events I attend.
Plus, she's smokin' hot :p

Yeah, great news. I have always liked Lillian as an announcer and don't really have much of an opinion on todays announcers. Finkel was my favourite but Lillian is great. I agree with the above poster about her backstage interviews, I really liked her in that role too so it would be nice seeing her do a few more of those. I have no problem with her being on Smackdown.

I am so happy that Lillian is back. She will be a great addition to the roster as far as announcing goes. I am not really a fan of Justin Roberts, I think that he could use a little work. I can't wait to finally see her and she is back in time for Tribute to the Troops.

This is great news. I have missed Lillian. Her gender has nothing to do with it for me personally, although I can see why many male fans are happy to see her return. She was one of WWE's best ring announcers and I am glad she's back because she was far better than Chimel and even Roberts. I would argue that they should put her back on Raw again. Having her on Smackdown is fine though. I don't care about what happens to Chimel as a result of this. He can get future endeavoured for all I care. Welcome back, Lillian!

I'm very glad she's back. Why am I glad?

Because Tony Chimmel looks like this:

chimelecw2.jpg

Justin Roberts looks like this:

Justin_Roberts.6.jpg

And Lillian Garcia looks like this:

lilian+garcia.jpg

In short, I'm glad she's back because she's GORGEOUS. Also she has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. She has personality, she has looks, she can sing, what's not to like? Very glad she's back.

Yeah?

And the Fink looks like this!

Howard-Finkel.jpg

The greatest voice of all time. Anytime he ring announces it makes the match feel 100 times more important.

Lilian may be gorgeous, but it's all about the FINK!!!!!

lilian garcia coming back to the wwe is a good thing because im sick and tired of hearing justin roberts's voice announcing people,like: randdddddddddddyyyyyyyyy
ortooooooon or sheaaaaaaaaaaaamusssssssssssss. as for tony chimel,he is just straight up boring.but for lilian garcia,she is beautiful,she has a kick ass singing voice,and she brings a certain flare everytime she announces a superstar or diva name. GLAD UR BACK

^^^ Justin Roberts is more than likely going to remain as the RAW announcer.
But seriously....what boring and uninteresting news.

Sure I wouldnt kick her out of bed.... but she isnt really that hot.... as an announcer she is just MEH and as a singer...I couldnt care less...
Im gonna be pretty pissed off if they keep making her sing that stupid National Anthem.

I am as interested in the return of Garcia as I am interested in a new member of the Camera Crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back