• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's talk about the Friend Zone.

You're essentially asking for people here to out themselves as the dirt worst of douchenozzles.

Good luck with this

Meh. You just have to know which girls are better as friends and which ones are better as girlfriends. Then never ask out the former and never befriend the latter. If you're rejected by the latter, you can both get on with your lives.

You're essentially asking for people here to out themselves as the dirt worst of douchenozzles.

Good luck with this

I am perfectly willing to admit that I'm a pretty terrible person.

Good luck with this

tumblr_m4vf2iBoKH1r5jt46o1_400.gif

I'll bite...

Who here actually believes that women should be forced to date you or give you sexual favors because you're nice to them?

Forced? No.

Be better off dating a person who isn't going to treat them like utter shit? Perhaps, but the fact that she has chosen some piece of shit over a decent fellow means that she is far less desirable in my estimation.

I was a pretty permanent resident of the friend zone in high school, but women really DO like it when you have an edge.

I'm no Johnny Depp, but I'm not doing badly, either.

I don't really get the friend zone.

If a girl has seemingly no interest in forming a relationship, what exactly is forcing you to continue even having contact with her and not move onto the next potential suitor?

May sound like a dick move, only establishing a connection with a woman in hopes of getting her pants, but I highly doubt that's not what most guys first intentions are.

I think you are really off base. It's like showing her you genuinely care (because you do, otherwise it wouldn't be friendzone) and her acknowledging you as being great. Awesome. Some will dare say "perfect". But she still won't go past being a close friend. Why? What's the missing ingredient? Enter the friendzone. Is it Westermarck Effect? Is it that despite the friendliness, there's no physical attraction? Maybe a hidden fear she's unconscious about? You'll never know. You're too afraid to ask out of fear of damaging a perfectly good relationship and losing someone dear and she'll either do the same or not even realize it because of circumstances you can never be aware of.

Sexual Dynamite said:
If a girl has seemingly no interested in forming a
relationship, what exactly is forcing you to
continue even having contact with her
This.

Sometime in a man's life, he realises that you CAN put a price on good pussy. Some women just aren't worth the strain. Except ShieldGirl. One day is one day...

I think you are really off base. It's like showing her you genuinely care (because you do, otherwise it wouldn't be friendzone) and her acknowledging you as being great. Awesome. Some will dare say "perfect". But she still won't go past being a close friend. Why? What's the missing ingredient? Enter the friendzone. Is it Westermarck Effect? Is it that despite the friendliness, there's no physical attraction? Maybe a hidden fear she's unconscious about? You'll never know. You're too afraid to ask out of fear of damaging a perfectly good relationship and losing someone dear and she'll either do the same or not even realize it because of circumstances you can never be aware of.

And so we get to the issue at hand: dealing with the flaws.

How many of the men who claim to be in the friendzone actually are willing to deal with the flaws that make them unattractive to heir "friend"? Because to me, he friend zone is a convenient excuse to not face what might make you unappealing in the first place

How many of the men who claim to be in the friendzone actually are willing to deal with the flaws that make them unattractive to heir "friend"? Because to me, he friend zone is a convenient excuse to not face what might make you unappealing in the first place

You make it sound like all flaws are fixable.

Not always. It might be more a fear of her changing her opinion of you because of asking than the actual flaw. Maybe you'll taking the truth to the chin and move on while still trying to be friends but for all you know, even though you move on, she might become defensive and push you away even as a friend.

Don't make bring the shit list again ;)

I have a better question for the inevitable person who claims to be stuck in the friend zone; what benefit does this give you to victimize yourself?

Haha I'm on there for being too nice to better/alltheother posters I believe.

I just saw an opportunity for old Abe to give his legs a bit of a stretch, although given the topic I maybe should have found one of him and Mrs Bouvier recreating the end of The Graduate instead.

...dammit

Dr. Zeus said:
And so we get to the issue at hand: dealing with
the flaws.
I have one mother who's trying to fix and control my life, I don't need another one ;)

No man would be happy as a trained monkey. I don't expect the perfect woman and I'm sure as hell not going to be the perfect man. I'm a firm believer in accepting and loving somebody for who they are.

Sure, it takes hard work to keep things afloat, but you don't go barging into a relationship trying to change a person's nature.

Not always. It might be more a fear of her changing her opinion of you because of asking than the actual flaw. Maybe you'll taking the truth to the chin and move on while still trying to be friends but for all you know, even though you move on, she might become defensive and push you away even as a friend.

Then at the end of the day, how close as friends were you actually?

All? Not really, and that's unfortunate. But I'm curious what you consider unfixable

Something like depression. If a woman didn't want to date a guy because of the dedication you need to date someone with depression, but still wanted to be friends. Unfortunately, depression is an unfixable flaw for some people.

Edit: That may have made me sound like a dick. To clarify, I struggled with depression when I was younger. I'm fine now, but not everybody beats it. I also understood when a girl didn't want to date me because of it.

The friendship you genuinely joy.

And if it's a friendship where you can't be honest about one another's flaws, how deep a friendship can it be?

Something like depression. If a woman didn't want to date a guy because of the dedication you need to date someone with depression, but still wanted to be friends. Unfortunately, depression is an unfixable flaw for some people.

Edit: That may have made me sound like a dick. To clarify, I struggled with depression when I was younger. I'm fine now, but not everybody beats it. I also understood when a girl didn't want to date me because of it.

No, no, I understand.

I have bipolar. My girlfriend is a perfectly "normal" lass, whatever the hell that means. She knew this wouldn't be easy, nor is any relationship. If you're doting over a girl you know will have issues with the dedication (which as you noted quite right, takes a lot), then why would you want her in a relationship where she'll feel frustrated and unsatisfied, and where you'll feel unsatisfied and guilty?

I've done enough of those; I don't want to do any more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back