Lethal Lottery II: Everest vs. Lars Reidar (Buried Alive World Title Match)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
LethalLottery-World.jpg

After Everest gave his challenger the opportunity to name the stipulation for their World Title Match, Lars Reidar named a Buried Alive Match for their encounter at the Lethal Lottery. Who will be the champion going into Kingdom Come and who will be Buried Alive at the hands of his opponent?

Deadline is Monday 16th November 23:59 EST

Cameraman: Seriously Leon, I don't know why he picks you and why you still come running after all he's put you through. This guy kidnapped you, Brad was never the same after all the weird stuff that happened round him and Becky's terrified of the guy.

Leon: Because he's the number one contender and it's my job. I don't like the guy, but he's damn sure worth talking to... especially before the first Buried Alive match since El Guerrero's tragic demise. I mean, he's only been seen by a couple of people since then, and even the psychiatrists can't work out if it's all just in their heads.

Cameraman: Yeah, but why can't he meet us in a hotel lobby in daylight, instead of this?!?

Camera pans round to show an old stone church building, a dim light shining from out of the narrow stained glass windows.

Leon: Maybe he wants to talk to someone else as well. Come on, it's cold and this graveyard gives me the creeps.

They walk to the door and find it ajar. Leon pushes it open and walks in. Reidar is knelt at the altar, his words barely audible. As they come closer, they begin to notice that he is speaking in Norwegian.

They sit...

...and wait.

He pauses, and without getting up he speaks, his voice echoing around the stone walls of the building.

Lars: Tell me Leon... why did I come here. Do you think I fear the Great Beyond to come to offer prayers to prevent what they all feel is my fate?

He stands up

Lars: Perhaps I am here to atone for imprisoning Drake Callahan in a casket. A small laugh escapes his lips

Lars: Perhaps I just don't want any witnesses... He shoots a glance at the cameraman.

Lars: Or maybe I'm here solely to ask forgiveness for what I will do.

You see Leon, one year ago, I came into WZCW promising upheaval, promising that a force would drive me to greatness. I am different to that man, for he delivered judgement on those who had wronged others. Today, I stand as a man who delivers judgement on those who wrong me!

Silence, as the word 'Me' echoes around the walls

Lars: Back then, one influenced me to their end and used me to enhance them. Today, I have another... one who pushes me towards my goal. And she has come back to me.

Leon: Lars...you do realise Catherine is dead. I mean I saw the footage of you in her grave. You need to stop this, or it will ruin...

He is cut off by the menacing laughter of Reidar, a haunting, almost primal laugh.

Lars: Do you really think me to be so deluded Leon? You saw the letter last week. You know the play it came from? Maybe your friend here does.

ANSWER ME!

Cameraman: Ma...Ma...Macbeth. Shakespeare's Macbeth

Lars: 'too full of the milk of human kindness to catch the nearest way'. The words of a woman so driven that her husband become what he is destined to be, she drives him on and removes all that impedes him.

Last week, Leon, I was weak. I had an opportunity to weaken Everest, and she pushed me to do it, and I resisted. But from now on, it will not be so, because she is coming to WZCW.

Looks at the camera.

Lars: This time there will be no such mercy. I will be the same in act as in desire. And to prove this, I have made a gift to sent to Everest.

The camera pans to show a tombstone:

Everest
Now he resides under his world

Lars: You may indeed be the greatest champion in the history of WZCW, the people may have adored you, but I do not fear either you, or the earth.

All the players are in place Everest.

The church bell rings out

Lars: Hear it Everest, listen... it is your knell, which summons you to heaven or hell...

He extinguishes the candle, and a whispered female voice can be heard from the gallery.

Bli så mye mer mannen

Door can be heard slamming, as the camera-man and Leon flee in the blackness across the graveyard, stopping at the gate beneath a light, the camera focuses on a breathless Leon.

Cameraman: Even for him, that was eerie.

Leon has a terrified look in his eye, and seems almost catatonic. He speaks slowly, as though something is causing him pain to even think what is in his head.

Leon: I've... I've only ever seen that look once before...

And it didn't end well for me...

The night is dark and cloudy, one of those typical evenings that you read about in novels. You can see through the fog the outline of a man standing in the distance. As the camera approaches the figure we can see it is none other than WZCW World Champion EVEREST. He is standing in front of a tombstone, he‘s dressed casually as if he‘s either going to or coming from a workout, and there is a bag sitting at his feet.. The camera quickly picks up audio so we can hear the champion as he speaks….

EVEREST: Well, this is it. Lethal Lottery! I wanted you to know you were right. All the hard work and all the bruises and long road trips and red eye flights to Japan and back have finally paid off. I’m headlining the Biggest Baddest Pay Per View that Wrestling has ever seen. And I’m doing it as the World Heavyweight Champion. You know bro, I’m sorry you can’t be here to see this, but I know I’ll make you proud. You see at Lethal Lottery, Lars is finally going to get what he’s been asking for since he decided to stick his nose in my business. By the end of the night though he’s going to leave Lethal Lottery the same way he entered……..Without a World Title. I promise you Gil, this one’s for you. I’m about to fulfill my destiny. I’m going to go down as the single Greatest World Champion this sport has ever seen. Just like I promised you little brother. So make sure you got your front row seat because you aren’t going to want to miss this one. Take care and thanks again for everything.

With that Everest bends down and pulls out a replica WZCW Title from his bag, and places it on the tombstone, then for the first time we see the name on the tombstone: Gil Nathaniel 10-31-82 - 2-6-90.

EVEREST: (Whispering) I love you bro.

With that Everest slowly turns away and heads out of the cemetery. As he closes in on the front gates he notices a glow just to the left of the gate. It looks like some sort of candlelight thing but Everest is intrigued and walks toward the glow. After a few steps the tombstone easily becomes readable. It says simply

EVEREST
Now He Resides Under His World

Everest pauses at the sight and a slow smile creeps across his face.

EVEREST: Well look at this. It seems Lars has gone out of his way and to great expense to have this monument erected. It seems Lars thinks that come Lethal Lottery he’s going to bury me and my career. He probably thinks he’s going to take my title and leave me in a pool of my own blood, locked in a casket as he celebrates the biggest victory of his career at my expense. Well Lars, I haven’t talked much about our match up at Lethal Lottery. I haven’t harped on the Buried Alive match or our little feud or even the fact that I’m the one that’s owned you since you showed up. Of course, that was all before you showed up in the Main Event of Lethal Lottery.

You see Lars, I’ll admit one thing and one thing only -- and that is that no matter how much you spend to have a tombstone made or how much you try to use mind games or get under my skin -- You still don’t scare me! I’ve been through more fights than you can count, Barbed Wire, Cages, Chairs, Ladders, you name it and I’ve conquered it. And I’ve done it all over the World, but the fact is I’ve never been involved in what I’m going to get involved in at Lethal Lottery. Buried Alive, only one man leaves, period.

Lars, I know you don’t think I have the balls to get the job done come the pay per view but you’re not the first person to underestimate me and you probably won’t be the last one either. The problem you haven’t realized is that everyone of those doubters ended up in the same place, on their backs, counting the light fixtures as I stand tall and proud -- Victorious.

I’m really hoping you got this little monument here on clearance because after the Lottery you’re going to realize I’m not dead and buried UNDER my World, no sir, Lars you’re going to realize THIS IS STILL MY WORLD…..But after you’ve been Buried Alive I WON’T BE LETTING YOU LIVE IN IT

With that Everest bends down and blows out the candles beside the stone.

EVEREST: I’ll see you at the show Lars and don’t worry, I’ll be ready -- I just hope you are.

Everest reaches into his bag and pulls out another replica title belt and lays it beside the tombstone, with a note. He gets up and grabs his bag and turns to leave and as he heads toward the gate we see the note on the belt and what it says:

Here You Go, It’s the Closest You’ll Ever Get.

In a bit of an ironic twist of fate as the camera fades to black we see the candle flicker and the note catch on fire and burn slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back