MD42: Vengeance vs. Everest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
New Champion against former Champion here as Vengeance will take on Everest in a non title match this week. This is the first time they face off since the Buried Alive Match at the Lethal Lottery and this is the first time Vengeance is holding the belt. Will Everest give him a lesson about what it's like to be champion or will Vengeance set a new standard now that he is the top man of WZCW?

Deadline is Monday 12th July 23:59 EST

***BACKSTAGE PRIOR TO WORLD TITLE MATCH AT APOCALYPSE***

Becky Serra is standing near the locker rooms, wrapping up an interview with Showtime following his victory over Ty. The crowd and ring announcer can be heard faintly in the background, and something said prompts the crowd to pop. Seconds later, a loud shout can be heard from just down the corridor.

Becky, sensing her chance to get an exclusive, rushes with the cameraman towards the sound of the commotion, the muffled sound coming through masking the string of expletives the users tone suggests are being employed.

As they reach the source, she realises where she is, and anxiously knocks, standing back and waiting...

Footsteps towards the door.

The door is flung open, and a red-faced Chuck Myles, apoplectic with rage, vein bulging from his neck, comes into shot

Chuck:
WHAT?

Becky:
Sorry to disturb you both, I just heard an argument from this area and wondered what was going on, sir.

Chuck:
What’s going on?!? (raises voice) WHAT’S GOING ON?!?

Vance Bateman edges into the shot, calmly moving Chuck a little to one side

Vance:
What’s going on, Miss Serra, is that we’re about to watch Titus defend his title against Vengeance, in a no-DQ match

Chuck: You conniving little – You had no right to add that stipulation in a joint match up. That should have been run past me, instead of going to your precious Directors.

Vance: Strangely Chuck, I have every right to add a match, and from the crowd’s response to the announcement, I was justified in making it for the greater good. Besides... we wouldn’t want to lose the biggest rematch in recent history to Vengeance losing control, or Ty stealing the match for him, would we Chuck?

Chuck: Ratings be damned. WE both know exactly why you did it, and I guarantee you he does as well. Add to that, you now have Titus pissed off because the new stipulation is clearly not to his advantage. You’re taking care of the backlash from this.
Becky, if you’ll excuse me, I need to talk to someone to make this right

He pushes out past Vance and the camera, and walks off down the corridor. As he bustles along, his voice can be heard echoing back something about a show...

The camera comes back to Vance, who has a strange smirk on his face.

Vance: Now, if you’ll excuse me Becky, I have an intriguing match to watch. If you happen to see Vengeance after his loss, kindly send him my way.

He closes the door, leaving her puzzled.

Becky: Guess I’ll have to find out from someone else.

***AFTER THE MATCH***

As Vengeance comes back from celebrating in the ring, Becky catches up to him

Becky: Congrats. But I have a question for you.

Vengeance:
It feels grea-

Becky: Not that one. Why would Vance make the match No-DQ, and why did he want to see you after you lost?

Vengeance previously happy mood darkens, the familiar look appears in his eye and shoves the camera as he stalks off, a door being heard slam very shortly after.

For the second time in quick succession, Becky is left alone, looking more puzzled than previously.

Becky: Does no-one actually answer questions anymore?!?
She stomps off.

***Later that week***

WZCW.com exclusive – Vengeance in legal dilemma
CCTV footage uncovered from outside the arena where he won the WZCW Championship, show him talking on a mobile phone, walking into the shadows outside the arena. As the footage doesn’t show much, we have included the audio from the conversation:

Vengeance: No you listen to me. I am paying over the odds for you to enforce what we agreed. I signed a contract with him for a specific deal, and he has changed the terms.

Listens

I don’t care how iron-clad the document looks, I did not sign up for him to change the rules as he went along

Listens

Well if you think you’re worth as much as you charge, why the hell didn’t you pick up that it didn’t specify what kind of match. He obviously did, so why didn’t you

Listens

Well expect me first thing Monday morning to... discuss... the matter

Listens, before snapping

I don’t care if a terminal cancer patient is down to make his last will and testament, you got me into this, and you can damn well get me out of it.

The audio is then interrupted by a third party, who, again did not appear on the camera, but could clearly be heard

?: So... Ty screwed you over and you got lucky Showtime was around. How fortunate. Still, at least it didn’t end in a DQ.

Laughter

Vengeance: You have ten seconds to leave, or I’ll make your final move for you.

?: Oh, don’t worry, I’m going. Just don’t expect things to change any time soon. I’ll get what I want in the end. And I know exactly how I’m going to do it

The encounter ended as the camera mysteriously went offline.
Hopefully we’ll learn more on this situation during the week when Vengeance is scheduled for a sit-down interview with Stacey Madison live on WZCW.com

***The Interview***
Stacey: Welcome WZCW.com fans, today we have an exclusive interview with the new WZCW Heavyweight Champion... Vengeance.

Camera pans out to show Vengeance, dressed in a white shirt, black trousers, with his white hair tied back in a long ponytail. The belt is sitting beside him, and he is staring constantly at it, almost transfixed by it as it glints in the lights.

Stacey: Vengeance, it’s been a long road. You’ve been repeatedly labelled as the best wrestler to never win a belt, called a choker as you have always got close, but never quite made it to the goal. A multiple King for a Day, despite having never actually won the elimination match, lost both Eurasian and Elite X shots, as well as shots against Titus and Everest ending in failure. In short, you’ve had a fearful, if meaningless career.

Instead of the expected reaction, Vengeance smiles at Stacey, before slowly responding in a hushed voice.

Vengeance: Stacey, you do realise that nothing you say matters anymore. Point out the past all you want, but as I’ve told you repeatedly before, what’s done is done.

Now, I’ve decided this isn’t going to be a sit down interview where you ask me the same inane questions, I respond, threaten and we move on.

No, we’re going elsewhere for this.

Looks towards the cameraman.

Vengeance: You! Come with me. We’re going to find people who ask more interesting questions.

He gets up, walks towards the door, as the normally unflappable Stacey is left with a look of shock and annoyance on her face as the door slams

They walk out into the corridor and find a janitor, who looks up, finding himself staring into the large chest of the new World Champion

Janitor: I’m guessing you’re the guy my kid told me about. The guy who beat Titus. How does it feel to know you destroyed a child’s faith in the rules?

Vengeance: Tell me, is it fair that a drug-addled MMA fighter can steal what is mine? Is it fair that an abuse of power altered the rules seconds before the match started? Is it fair that a jealous ally becomes so embittered that rather than hoping his loyalty would be rewarded, he tries to stop anyone else getting what he wants.
Or further afield, is it fair that Blade gets shots against the champion when the more deserving have to wait? Or that Everest can come back from months of mediocrity with a match to bring him into title contention?

Bringing it closer to you... is it fair that you have to sweat for a crust while Vance Bateman plots his next move to cheat me out of what is mine from his mahogany office?

So tell your son that as it is written: The way is not fair. But I shall judge you, each man by his ways.

Come!

He walks off, the cameraman beginning to walk after him. They walk down to the ring area in the arena, sitting in a front row seat and watching the road crew setting up for Meltdown. One hand, on his break walks over to them and extends his hand.

Roadie: Hey man, just wanted to say congrats on the awesome win last night. You deserved it after all the times you’ve been shafted at the last minute.

Vengeance stares at the hand, before the roadie awkwardly retracts the gesture.

Roadie: Fair enough, not much of a toucher then. Well then, who do you want to get the first shot at the belt? I mean you’ve got so many guys after you. The three in that match, Carmen and Everest are still around.

Another roadie calls out.

Roadie 2: Yeah, because Bateman’s really gonna make it his choice. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has to face the whole damn roster. Still, at least you’re on Meltdown this week so Chuck can keep you safe.
Laughs

Vengeance: Titus and I will always have unfinished business, Ty has always been like the envious apprentice and needs to be put in his place at some stage, and Showtime will no doubt in his own self-obsessed little mind claim he deserves the shot for saving me.

As for all the others who claim they are ‘deserving’, let them step up and prove it. Whether Vance sends you, or you take it on yourself to prove yourself worthy, there will be no mercy shown regardless of holding the gold or not. I haven’t changed and still have no hesitation about destroying all comers.

The scene is interrupted by the arrival of Tarja, who silently edges onto the camera, and whispers in his ear. He turns red in fury and begins to whisper to her.

Vengeance: What does he mean there’s nothing can be done! I thought we’d made ourselves clear on this!

She stares into his eyes, dark and emotionless, unspoken communication evident in the interaction.

Vengeance: In that case we need to prepare for the inevitable.

He storms off leaving Tarja and the crew.

Tarja looks around at the men, her dark eyes taking in every detail.

She speaks, her voice sounding remarkably different, weary and nervous from the previous assault by Titus.

Tarja: I’m fine... thanks for asking.

She storms off, leaving the cameraman to realise that the interview is over.

The Major League All-Star Home Run Derby has just gone to commercial when the familiar WZCW logo flashes on the screen. Seconds later the screen goes black and a voice can be heard in the background. The voice is easily recognizable and identified as none other than former WZCW World Champion Everest.

EVEREST: People want to know, Who is Everest? They want to know who I am?

Images of flashy cars and fancy mansions rotate on the screen. Pictures of Everest in high society restaurants and theatres flash in and out intermixing with images of famous Hollywood types.

EVEREST: The people want to know what are my intentions?

More images slide into the screen, this time of various opponents that have fallen victim to the former champion. Snapshots of Joseph Rios, Steamboat Ricky, Titus, Disasterpiece, USA and Vengeance all show up on the screen.

EVEREST: The people have begged and asked and want to know what happened to Everest?

Images flash again this time of Everest using the chair on USA, blasting Titus from behind more than once and several shots are of Everest blatantly breaking the rules.

EVEREST: Well I’m going to answer everyone’s questions right now. You see who I am, my intentions, my goals -- they are all the same thing.

To show the World who the best is. I’ve won World Titles, I’ve beaten the best of the best and as some have mentioned recently I’ve disappeared off the face of the earth.

Well you don’t have to worry, because I’m back where I belong. Vengeance may want to talk about “not deserving” my shot or being over the hill, or toiling in mediocrity but the truth hurts my friend. You know what truth I’m talking about Vengeance -- the truth that when it comes down to it, when you step in the ring with me, you have walked out a loser, time and time again.

Don’t get me wrong big man, I’m not underestimating you, hell I’m not even going to say you are undeserving of where you stand, because you aren’t. I won’t lie that I had a nice little smile watching you beat the tar out of that bloated Hollywood Tom Cruise wanna be.

Hell, I’m quite glad you’re holding my title for me, I know you’ll keep it clean and polished and looking good. Come Meltdown though, I’m not coming for the title. Not yet anyway, nah, at Meltdown I’m coming for respect and redemption. You say I’m mediocre, that I’m not the fighter I used to be, well, on Meltdown I’m going to have a lot of fun proving you wrong.

As to what the fans want to know? Things like what happened to Everest or my intentions?

The fans can go to hell, I fought with my heart and soul for them and when I finally break through, they abandon me. That’s cool, though, it’s always good to know who your real friends are anyway.

Vengeance, after Meltdown you may not like me, hell it’s not like we’re going out for a beer after the show or anything, but you will respect me. Oh and after the three count and after that dazed, glossy feeling leaves your stuffed up head, you’ll be laying on your back while you stare up at the man who not only just beat your ass but the man who is coming for your title. You can worry about Ty or Showtime or USA or whoever else you think might be your next “challenge” but in the back of your mind you’ll have images of Everest and the Rock Slide.

Have a good night Vengeance, I’ll see you at Meltdown, kid.

With that the WZCW logo quits rotating and the screen goes black except for one simple set of words in white letters ---

THIS IS STILL MY WORLD!!!!!

After a few seconds the screen goes black and the MLB Homerun Derby comes back from their commercial break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back