LEGO

Smooth Sexual Chocolate

Grapefruits of Wrath
Alrighty, I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now; but you know how it goes.

I'm sure everyone here knows what LEGO's are, if not, get the fuck out. Seriously. This thread is pretty much just a place to discuss the greatest toy of all time.

Two years ago my parents where cleaning out there storage unit and getting rid of all kinds of shit, they called me up and asked me what they should do with all my LEGO's from when I was just a youngin'. Without hesitating I told them I'd be over there later to pick them up. Those tubs of love opened the flood gates and I've been "playing" with them ever since.

I figured I'd also use this thread to post some of my creations, as I build a lot of my own stuff, usually small scale stuff, vignettes and what not. I'm hoping there's another one of you closeted LEGO fans out there; but I'm not gonna be too surprised when this turns out like the ESP

I built this a couple days ago while cracked out on a 20oz can of redbull and some delicious "Green Crack"

I really enjoy doing nature themed things, scenery and all that fun stuff. I built this waterfall on the fly and was very pleased with the end result.

Alright, so now you've got a good idea of what this thread is all about. Talk about LEGO's, post pics of cool shit or stuff you've built and talk about that. Closeted LEGO fans, reveal thyselves.

Loove LEGO. xD I've always loved using them to build simple houses. Then making a car with a doll and making up stories, you know. They're scattered all over our house - There's a 6 and 3 year old in my family. As much as I love those colourful toy bricks, they really like watching me suffer after stepping on a few of them at the most unexpecting times. The best I remember having built was a tall castle like building. Got no pics of it, but I did find one that has a resemblance.

duplo%20house%20deb.JPG

I haven't played with Lego's in ages.... I do not have any old pictures, but I used to enjoy building castles out of Lego's and having little wars between the soldiers I made out of my collection of various Lego people. Some of my favorites were the Star Wars ones. Anyone else also remember a cartoon character called Jack the Lego Maniac? He would play with his Lego's and then the cartoon was about various adventures within the Lego worlds he was building. The main ones that come to mind are of a space station battle, a pirate adventure, and then one with knights and castles. I remember trying to build stuff with my Lego's to resemble that but was never able to because I did not have enough pieces. I was really little at the time.

Still have some of my favorites sitting on my dresser in a stand, I wasn't the guy who built a bunch of ships or any of that stuff, I was always into making a story with them or my own mini movie. I focused mostly on western themed Legos(go figure) and I loved really any Lego that had a gun or a sword because lets be honest, they are way more fun and badass. I also loved any that came with a horse, other animals didn't interest me because I always wanted my cowboy or cavalry boys to have their mounts, and I'd set up these elaborate battle scenes and have 10 cowboys against 15 Indians(Native Americans for you politically correct folks) and set up a guerrilla warfare scene :blush:. Oh how I miss those wonderful days, but I have hung onto my most prized Legos and they aren't going anywhere!

Three responses, if I'm gonna be honest, that's more than I expected for this thread. As a reward for all these responses I'll be posting some really cool shit.

So I've been experimenting with blacklight photography recently, I had seen some really cool images online and wanted to try my hands at it. My first four attempts yielded nothing but shit, over 200 pictures and nothing worthy. You'd think someone who smokes so much herb would give up easier, but I was back at it for photo shoot number five determined to not suck ass; I must have been givien ancient knowledge while I was sleeping because all of the sudden I knew how to execute a proper blacklight shot.

Alrighty, if you made it through the back story, congratulations; if you just skipped ahead to the good stuff, well, it was probably a good call.

So without further interruption, I give you my most recent LEGO blacklight photography, all of which have been taken in the last few days.

Spaced Out​

Damien Demon​

Prehistoric Meltdown​

There you have it, all built and photographed by me, let me know what you think; in a non-spam kinda way.

The good thing about this thread is that it reminds me of the good times I had with Lego. The bad thing about this thread is that it makes me remember I don't have Lego anymore.
The cool thing is seeing those blacklight Lego designs! The Spaced Out one, was that inspired by 2001 A Space Odyssey by any chance? Definitely get that kind of vibe from it anyway.

You going to be doing some blacklight Halloween stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back