• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Least Favorite of Favorite?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
Hello, everyone! This is the 3rd of the series of music-related threads that I will come up with.

Now, we all a favorite music artist. Whether it's a singer, rapper, band, group, whatever. Some people who like a certain artist may look up all songs from that person. I know I do.

Now, the purpose of this thread is to see some answers to a question that is probably not asked much.

WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG FROM YOUR, OR ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS OR BANDS? Even though you may like a certain person or group, you can't like each one of their songs, even though you might feel like you should. So, what is your least favorite song from your favorite artist? And why? Thanks!

My two favorite bands are Godsmack and In This Moment, and I can say with an honest face that I don't have a "least favorite" from ITM. I can listen to any one song for hours on end, and be completely happy.

As for Godsmack though, there is one song that I cannot stand. I Am was released on their Faceless album, and is total crap. It doesn't sound anything like what Godsmack would write, and it all sounds forced. The music doesn't seem to fit the song, and the lyrics are just...bad. It also kills the flow of the CD...

I am going with Patience from Guns n Roses. Other 'ballad' type songs by Guns n Roses are great but this one sounds bland and to quiet, it sounded like there was no effort put into the song, Axl Rose sounded more like he was just saying the words, I can understand they were trying to do a solemn tune but it just didn't work

I had an almost instant answer for this. Walking Contradiction by Green Day. I usually prefer their early stuff and liked Insomniac. But this song was just too bland compared to the other stuff. The video's good but it just sounds like white noise to me. The one tone of voice throughout the whole song. The guitar doesn't seem to change pitch or rhythem...It's just too average for me.

21 Guns- Green Day: Green Day is awesome. They are the band taht hooked me into music when I was a little boy back in 1999. I loved their early stuff up to American Idiot. I was extremly dis-appointed with 21st Century Breakdown... But I will admit most of the songs were good. Know Your Enemy was the only one that'll really stand out though. Anyways, I think 21 Guns must have been the shittiest Green Day song ever. It's not what made Green Day famous and it definetly isn't 'Punk', its like Acoustic Pop.

So You Can Suck My Dick- Eminem: To be honest I love all of Shady's songs but this one the least. It's o.k but, it's still kinda lame at the same time. And as much as I love Eminem and his music, I'm not homosexual and will never suck a dick.

I'm going to go with two songs from the same album, that kind of killed the theme of said album. The band is The Offspring and the album is Splinter. Ironically the radio has put on some Offspring for me to enjoy right now.

The Worst Hangover Ever - This is one of those that just made no freaking sense to have on Splinter at all. I get that Dexter was talking about getting fucked up, but seriously, what the hell? It screwed the flow of the album. You can't put a song like that in between two songs like Head Around You and Never Gonna Find Me.

When You're In Prison - This song is just fucking stupid. It is supposed to be funny, and kind of was the first time I heard it, but I can't listen to it anymore. Joking about sex in prison with Bubba is always fine and dandy, but this song was just really out of place, and didn't leave a good ending.

These two songs take away from an otherwise very good, short, but very good, album. And Da Hui, but I don't feel like getting into that one.

Well my favorite band is probably Def Leppard. I have every cd they ever made, even X and Slang which most people hated. The one song by them that I cannot stand is "Two Steps Behind" because it's an acoustic song and I don't like that style. They usually have a very heavy sound in their songs, and the acoustic style of "Two Steps Behind" is not my cup of tea. It is good that they tried something different, but I don't like that song much. It's not a terrible song, I just don't care for acoustic songs much. I'm more into rock that's heavy.

While maybe not my #1 favourite band of all time, Im still quite a fan of Dream Theater and they have written some of the most influential songs and albums of all time. But, there is one album (any Dream Theater fans knows which one im talking about right off the bat) that is absolutely terrible. The worst thing about it is the opening track, "New Millenium" which is just a one tempo bore fest that last for a sadly long 8 minutes.

So You Can Suck My Dick- Eminem: To be honest I love all of Shady's songs but this one the least. It's o.k but, it's still kinda lame at the same time. And as much as I love Eminem and his music, I'm not homosexual and will never suck a dick.

First, I believe you're talking about his song Under the Influence. Well this song has nothing to do with calling people homosexual, you realize that right? The part where he talks about sucking dick he is basically telling his haters to suck his dick "if they don't like his shit". I personally love that song, especially swifty's verse.

While maybe not my #1 favourite band of all time, Im still quite a fan of Dream Theater and they have written some of the most influential songs and albums of all time. But, there is one album (any Dream Theater fans knows which one im talking about right off the bat) that is absolutely terrible. The worst thing about it is the opening track, "New Millenium" which is just a one tempo bore fest that last for a sadly long 8 minutes.

I know exactly what you mean about Falling into Infinity- the problem with that album is more trying to discover the good songs. There are some ok bits but you kinda need to look pretty hard sometimes.

But yes one of my favourite artists of all time is Radiohead. I generally will listen to most of their albums and enjoy everything which they have to put forward. I even quite like Pablo Honey which I know most Radiohead fans would put forward as being their worst work. My least favourite songs though come after this album- Black Star from The Bends and You never wash up after yourself from the My Iron Lung EP.

I could go on and on about my favourite bands so let's narrow it down to the two bands that really made me want to be in a rock a band, The Velvet Underground and Big Star (which is really quite ironic, in a way). These are the two bands that paved the way for the Alt. Rock and Indie Rock movements of the last 30 years. Lou Reed and Alex Chilton (the lead singer's for each band) are like God's to me and have been the biggest influence in the music I've been making in band's on and off with since my first year at college. However, there is a song from each band that I really cannot bear to listen to.

"All Tomorrow's Parties" by the Velvet Underground and Nico. Now to huge Velvet fans this may sound as much like blasphemy as when I declare my intense dislike for "Strawberry Fields Forever" to Beatles officiandos. Now look I really don't mind Nico, her monotone drone can be quite harrowing and compelling and her first solo record was actually quite good. However, her voice just drives me up the wall on this track. Like nails on a chalk board.

"O My Soul" by Big Star: Again if I were to state my feelings on this to Big Star nuts they'd probably stare at me dounfoundedly. The song was on their second record "Radio City" which is when the hooks became secondary to the feel of the record (which led to the horrible brilliant mess that was their final record. Although this track certainly is more about the feeling than the hook, I just have never understood the appeal of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back