• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Current Favorite

Song Everyday is like Sunday - Morrissey. You can't go past a bit of Morrissey every now and then. It is a great little song. And it is good lyrically and is simplistic and not complicated which makes song seem so good when done right.

Album Hysteria - Def Leppard. I love this album it is just pure class the entire way through. It has aged beautifully. It has so many classics on it, Armageddon it, Animal, Gods of War, Rocket, Love Bites, Pour Some Suger on Me, Hysteria, Women, don't Shoot Shotgun, Run Riot and the 2 to 3 songs that I haven't put down. It is just jam packed with great songs.

Video Lip Up Fatty - Bad Manners. I have no idea why, but I blame my mate that loves Ska. It may not be the official video I don't care it is awesome. there is an element of how can he dance like that being that big. But ska just makes you want to get up and dance and this song is no exception.
[youtube]F6fQnTyEniM[/youtube]

Artist Dropkick Murphys, you can't go past a bit of Celtic Punk. It just picks you up and beats you round the head and you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing them next year, shall be fun to say the least.

Song: Toss up between "Where Is My Mind?" by the Pixies (probably best remembered as the song at the end of Fight Club) and "Phone Call" by Jon Brion. "Where Is My Mind?" has one of the all time greatest guitar parts IMO. Anything the Pixies do/have done is simply mind-blowing-ly awesome. Greatest and most underrated modern rock band of all time. Hands down. "Phone Call" is from the soundtrack to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and is a short minute-long instrumental by the genius Jon Brion. It's quite simply one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Here you go:

Jon Brion - Phone Call
[youtube]N6Z4XG6kZss[/youtube]

I just can't get over how insanely beautiful of a song Phone Call is. Seriously people, give it a listen. It'll only take a minute.

The Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
[youtube]BDcjemEqr1o[/youtube]

Also; loving the Status Quo and Morrissey shout-outs.

I would definitely say CKY (no surprise if you look at my sig). They're one of the most creative bands of this time, but nobody gives them the time of day. Every record label they've been with has completely flopped on how to market the band, and they've suffered for it. Not to mention they've been pigeon holed because of there association with Bam Margera and Jackass. They are way more radio friendly than anyone gives them credit for. And for anyone that hasn't heard them before I suggest you listen to these songs; "Don't Hold Your Breath", "Close Yet Far", and "Plastic Plan"...

Song: BEcca's going to love me. Easily Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. It is easily the best song by Snow Patrol, and it justgoes to show that you can make an excellent song with very simple parts. THis is the first song my band covered, adn we were able to do it, pretty well too, and it's a great osng to listen to and a geat song to play.

Artist: I'm back to Blink 812. My iPod is always on Blink 182 songs, I know all the lyrics to all their songs, and to make it even better, I've heard they might be getting back together. :) BUt these guys came up with some reallygreat songs, such as I Miss You and I'm Lost Without You.

Album: Appetite For Destruction - Guns 'N Roses. If you have not listened to this album, listen to it. It's a great rock album. It has some classics like Sweet Child O' Mine and Welcome to the Jungle, and all the songs on it are great. Easily GNR's best album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back