Lawler arrested

Rose also just received a suspension, he requested his release shortly after.

Suspended indefinitely, I believe. When shortly followed by "granted his request for release" usually means Carano gave him two options. Quit or get let go.

This Lawler thing could be tricky though. A gun involved, regardless of who had it, adds points to the situation. This catches enough fire & someone adds this to his list of spousal behavior for a nice news graphic, then Vince would have to do some major damage control. A behind the scenes slap on the wrist isnt enough & a suspension during this time would lead to him leaving shortly anyway. Vince lets him go, looking like it was Lawlers idea, then at the end of the year he gets a legends deal with some new backstage role.

I'm sure the action taken will be dependent on sponsor and stockholder backlash and how much steam this story actually picks up.

He could likely get suspended until it blows over and then maybe we don't see him on air again.

Hard to say what goes through Vince's mind.

Also take into consideration the recent stuff in the NFL and how they've handled domestic violence because we know Vince likes to make WWE look better than whoever he can.

See the WWE touting that they had concussion testing in place before the NFL.

Obviously they should determine the facts before taking that final step. But why is someone losing their job over this "insane"?

What am I missing here?

And they should, that's why they've just suspended him for now.

As for what you are missing, maybe I should have made myself clearer. Lawler has been around the revolving doors more than once, and knows they have a no tolerance policy. He should have walked away instead of getting into it with her. That's what I mean by losing your job over getting into a fight with your girlfriend over her being drunk and out late. That's the insane part, it's not like he didn't know what would happen to him once this hit the news.

And they should, that's why they've just suspended him for now.

As for what you are missing, maybe I should have made myself clearer. Lawler has been around the revolving doors more than once, and knows they have a no tolerance policy. He should have walked away instead of getting into it with her. That's what I mean by losing your job over getting into a fight with your girlfriend over her being drunk and out late. That's the insane part, it's not like he didn't know what would happen to him once this hit the news.

Not to speak for him but I think he took that the same way I did in that you were implying them firing him would be too harsh of a punishment.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

5b89f2c21244e313f8dda02ed6312eec.jpg

When I read this story, this immediately popped into my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back