Lawler arrested

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
0617-lawler-mcbride-mug-4.jpg

Wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler -- and his 27-year-old fiancee -- were both arrested in Memphis Friday morning after allegedly attacking each other ... and cops say a gun was involved.

It all went down at Lawler's home around 1 AM. Lawler's fiancee, Lauryn McBride, claims the 66-year-old hit her in the head and pushed her against a stove -- and then got an unloaded pistol and told her to kill herself.

But Lawler tells a different story, according to WREG.com, the WWE star told cops McBride scratched him in the face, fired a candle at him and then kicked him in the crotch.

As for the gun, Lawler told authorities McBride was the one who pulled it out. He also says she was very drunk at the time of the incident.

When cops arrived -- both Jerry and his fiancee were arrested for domestic violence.

Story developing ...

TMZ.com

Well, looks like my wish of JR back isnt too far fetched. King goes and gets hit with some heavy shit right before a big time in the company. This will not go well given Adam Rose was just ditched because of something similar. Vince will have to see that any favoritism will meet with backlash & negative PR is bad for business.

Well, looks like my wish of JR back isnt too far fetched. King goes and gets hit with some heavy shit right before a big time in the company. This will not go well given Adam Rose was just ditched because of something similar. Vince will have to see that any favoritism will meet with backlash & negative PR is bad for business.

Rose also just received a suspension, he requested his release shortly after.

ヒュー G. レックション;5512753 said:
Lol what a story!
I got a chuckle out of it.

Reads like an episode of Cops

If the fall of Drew McIntyre taught us anything, it's that Lawler's reputation in the company may be better off if he got in a shot or two.

Might be working off of outdated information though. If my information were a woman, it's almost old enough to not be Lawler's type.

To lose you job over it is insane.
If a public figure physically assaults their significant other, a company supporting them with continued employment invites scrutiny in these enlightened times. Appropriately so. Even if it's likely more about optics than anything else for the Powers That Be, publicly reprimanding people for this sort of behaviour sends the correct message.

Obviously they should determine the facts before taking that final step. But why is someone losing their job over this "insane"?

What am I missing here?

Heck I'd be fired for getting arrested at my job for pulling a gun out on my fiancee.

If a public figure physically assaults their significant other, a company supporting them with continued employment invites scrutiny in these enlightened times. Appropriately so. Even if it's likely more about optics than anything else for the Powers That Be, publicly reprimanding people for this sort of behaviour sends the correct message.

Obviously they should determine the facts before taking that final step. But why is someone losing their job over this "insane"?

What am I missing here?

stone-cold-steveweisers-o.gif

His tee seals it

Heck I'd be fired for getting arrested at my job for pulling a gun out on my fiancee.
Lawler is saying she pulled the gun and threatened to kill herself. He just pushed it towards her and said go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back