• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lashley would beat the tar out of Lesnar IRL

jmt225

Global Moderator
And assuming Lesnar loses at Wrestlemania, Lashley's TNA World Title reign was 10x better than Lesnar's WWE Title reign.

Lashley > Lesnar in all aspects.

That is all.

200_s.gif

Not really no.

I saw some of his matches in TNA they were good, bit I dunno what are you taking into context to make such a statement. Is it the argument of Suplex Suplex Suplex!?

I will say that I like how Brock has been made to look so far, he has had a run like no other with the streak and then annihilating Cena.

Since winning the title Lesnar has defended the belt a mere two times. What other World Champion in this business' history has that ever happened with?

Boxers fight more often than Lesnar wrestles. Think about that.

I don't know how anyone could stick up for this title reign. It's pathetic and this God awful build to 'Mania has a lot to do with the fact that Lesnar sucks.

He sucks at MMA too and I hope he goes back to that sport and gets humiliated once again.

I can't stand Lesnar and what I truly hate is how WWE caters to him.

And Lashley doesn't get near enough credit for juggling both pro wrestling and MMA at the same time and doing a decent job at both. He's even been working through serious injuries lately. I really admire Lashley.

Bottom line is that Lasley rules and Lesnar drools.

I like both Lesnar and Lashley, but Lashley has certainly got the better and larger body of work with TNA, to Lesnar's brief pop-ups.

If they fought in MMA I think that it would be pretty much a wash in terms of grappling and strength, and I would have to give lashley an edge in terms of striking and in his ability to take a punch.

In terms of pro wrestling I would also have to agree. Lashleys title reign has been great and the matches hes been having are top notch.

:worship:

Finally someone else that agrees that Lashley would destroy Lesnar in a shoot. Cannot tell you how many arguments I've had on Youtube that haven't broken down into blatant racism over this.

I'll be honest and ask am I missing something here. No I dont think Lesnar's year as champ is topped by Lashley's but is Lashley really a good MMA fighter?

The fuck is IRL?

Have to disagree, 100%. Lesnar is the most interesting champion in a decade and the biggest threat since... I honestly can't remember the last guy as convincing as Lesnar. More than likely that's the case because he's legitimate. I don't like how little he's around, but I'd rather have a great champion around 25% of the time than a shitty champion 100% of the time.

Lashley's only competed in mixed martial arts in Bellator of late, which - as far as I'm aware - is still significantly below UFC. To call it the TNA to UFC's WWE would probably be a pretty big compliment. His last five opponents don't even have Wikipedia pages. I'm interested to know why people more versed in MMA than me would think Lashley could beat Lesnar though.

Have to disagree, 100%. Lesnar is the most interesting champion in a decade and the biggest threat since... I honestly can't remember the last guy as convincing as Lesnar. More than likely that's the case because he's legitimate. I don't like how little he's around, but I'd rather have a great champion around 25% of the time than a shitty champion 100% of the time.
The problem is it's more 5% than 25. McMahon wants to say its because Lesnar is a special attraction. Which is true. But come on, man. 2 title defenses in 6 months is absolutely stupid in wrestling. More so when it's because the company has no sense of foresight. It's pretty inexcusable what they've done with Lesnar and his reign is going to be forgettable. His performance in the Rumble is the only reason we remember he's champion outside a Paul Heyman promo.

His WM build has been awful, agreed, but that doesn't mean he's awful. He's been fantastic for a full year now.

I disagree. I was disappointed in how noncompetitive his Summerslam match with Cena was, and the rematch was great because Cena made that match great. Then at the Rumble instead of dominating he spent most of the match laid out only to come back and pin the weakest guy in the match.

And now he has had a terrible Mania build on top of all this.

The problem is it's more 5% than 25. McMahon wants to say its because Lesnar is a special attraction. Which is true. But come on, man. 2 title defenses in 6 months is absolutely stupid in wrestling. More so when it's because the company has no sense of foresight. It's pretty inexcusable what they've done with Lesnar and his reign is going to be forgettable. His performance in the Rumble is the only reason we remember he's champion outside a Paul Heyman promo.

Honestly, his reign has been forgettable because WWE has booked it so horribly. Look at his challengers list for instance, Cena and Cena(& Rollins). Now it is Reigns and the build has seen them come face to face once and it wasn't in the ring either...

Honestly, coming out of SummerSlam, the WWE had 2 great storylines to build. One was about Brock and his being all-conquering unbeatable monster and the other was about Cena and his Road to redemption... they managed to mess up both spectacularly... :disappointed:

Lashley's only competed in mixed martial arts in Bellator of late, which - as far as I'm aware - is still significantly below UFC. To call it the TNA to UFC's WWE would probably be a pretty big compliment. His last five opponents don't even have Wikipedia pages. I'm interested to know why people more versed in MMA than me would think Lashley could beat Lesnar though.

I can understand why someone would think this, but it's not easy going 12-2 in MMA, no matter the "quality" of opponents you have. You see UFC fighters gets a title shot doing much less.

And when you break down Lesnar's record... 5-3, it's not all that great. The only truly good win on there is Frank Mir at UFC 100.

He beat a no name Japanese fighter, that's fair for a first fight. Loses to Mir, fair. But then.... he beats Heath Herring. This is where someone would go, "Well that's impressive." But it really wasn't. Herring did not show up to fight that night. He was already done with the sport and only wanted the paycheck. Plus Herring could never beat a top name anyway.

Then Lesnar gets a title shot against a damn near 50-year-old Randy Couture who he outweighs by 50 pounds come fight night. And despite that being the case, Lesnar was losing that fight before landing that lucky punch. He couldn't take Couture down, he was getting boxed up... Lesnar's win that night was a total fluke, despite JBL constantly hyping it like it was the best thing ever. Even if it wasn't a fluke, again... Couture was 46 and outweighed by literally 50 pounds. Is that so impressive?

Frank Mir win, okay, decent, but I'd still say Mir has never been a top tier fighter since his motorcycle accident, but whatever. Good win.

And it was Shane Carwin who exposed Lesnar's lack of pleasure of getting punched in the face. I've seen it argued that that fight should have been stopped, and that Carwin was robbed. I didn't take that stance back then so I'm not going to be a hypocrite now by changing my viewpoint on it just because I've come to dislike Lesnar, but it still needs to be mentioned. That win too was very much a fluke regardless.

And of course, the Cain/Overeem fights were both complete embarrassments. There's no shame to losing against those guys, but losing the way Lesnar did was just beyond laughable.

Until Lashley shows that he's not afraid of getting punched in the face, I'm picking him in a shoot fight against Lesnar.

His WM build has been awful, agreed, but that doesn't mean he's awful. He's been fantastic for a full year now.

I LOVED the Royal Rumble match.

In fact, I love most of Lesnar's matches since returning to WWE (excluding the HHH/Undertaker matches).

But he still sucks IMO. I mean, the guy can't even make an appearance without having Heyman blab about him for 10 minutes. It's cool the first couple of times you see it, but over and over and over again... it's like, okay, let this guy do something else.

He doesn't want to do anything else though. He wants every match to be booked like an MMA fight and have Heyman do all his talking for him. This is pro wrestling. That is not how you make good pro wrestling. Literally all Lesnar does is show up and stand there on these rare appearances he makes. It's ridiculous and I just don't understand how the IWC holds this guy in such high regard.

If WWE is so fixated on Lesnar for the MMA appeal then how in the world have they at least not made an offer to Josh Barnett yet?

I've long maintained that most of Lesnar's prowess in MMA was just him using his freakish strength and speed to bend over at the waist and tackle people smaller than him. I mean I'm not really a keen observer, and I don't follow MMA like I used to, but I was never a fan of Brock in the MMA world.

As far as him as a wrestler, meh, I could take him or leave him. He hasn't really had a bad match since he came back, but he has worked with only the best in the business, and Big Show, since his return.

As far as Lashley being able to beat him, idk. It depends on how well Lashley could defend Brock's initial bull rush takedowns.

Steroid issues I assume. Plus he isn't on the level of popularity of Lesnar. Not even close.

True. But that doesn't mean that WWE couldn't groom him for stardom through. Look at Ken Shamrock. I'd argue that his WWE career boosted his popularity quite a bit.

It's not Lesnar per se that I, in particular, hold in high regards but merely the way he's been handled.

He's not wrestling often, but whenever he does it's top notch and he doesn;t phone it in when he's in the ring at all. Yes, Heyman is his mouth piece, but I much prefer that to the alternative, which is either live promos or pre-programme highly-edited promos. Yes, I agree they should have a higher degree in variation on what they do with Lesnar. Every time they have it's been a success. On the Raw when Sting appeared and he was F-5 heavyweights. On the Hogan tribute show.

I honestly don't mind not seeing a guy that often (although competing in different ways, like, once a month would be better overall), if the appearances he does make are worth it. Sometimes you're going to have a champion like a John Cena or a Rock, and sometimes it's going to be physical presence like him or Rusev instead. Neither approach is wrong, and there's goods and bads to either side.

And with regards to who would win a shoot, I really don't care either way. As long as Lesnar can presume the billing he's being given when he's around (which continuing with a broken rib like nothing has happened will do), then I'm satisfied.

I don't really like Lesnar, nor care that much about him, but I do like the character and the way he's been handled since beating Taker. He's created an image and mystique about himself which few are able to do in this age.

If WWE is so fixated on Lesnar for the MMA appeal then how in the world have they at least not made an offer to Josh Barnett yet?

Josh Barnett is a fantastic professional wrestler, but most Americans don't know that, so that lessens appeal to Vince. What they do know about Barnett is that he's pissed hot a bunch of times. That makes his appeal to Vince less than zero.

As far as the OP, I don't think Lashley "beats the tar" out of Lesnar. Is he likely better at MMA in 2015 than Brock, absolutely. He's been working on it non-stop since 2008. Brock stopped working on it in 2011. Has Lashley fought anybody worth a crap? Nope. You can pick apart Lesnar's opponents all you want, but they were certainly more impressive than the absolute scrubs Lashley has been fighting. That said, their physical tools are similar, so it would likely be a very close fight.

I loved Lesnar's appeal since he came in 2012. He had one of the best matches ever with Cena at Extreme Rules, and then prolly had the best match at WM 29 with H. His return made WWE utter the words UFC on live TV for the first time. in a long time, that beaten to death phrase 'big fight feel' finally came to fruition. I hated how he got humanized at ER the next year with Hunter and that booking was stupid having him beg H not to hit him.

But the last 365 have been brilliant. The streak, how he suplexed Cena to hell, and then that RR match was amazing. So I dont have any issues.

Also, SD is now ending with the IC title in the last segment, and the players involved in that scramble make it interesting. IC title is getting prominence.

One small issue I have with Lesnar is, I wish he gets physical with Reigns. Mind you, when Cena and Brock faced off in 2012 they were at it I think every week and that massive brawl when Cena got busted was fucking cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back