Lacey's (Possible) Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
As Gelgarin so nicely pointed out in the Bar Room, we were all quite wrong about Lacey's prospects in TNA. I was wondering though, how could she be used in the future?

She's not great on the mic, so she'd have a hard time being a valet, unless she landed with someone who was a fantastic mic worker already, and she could be eye candy, and potential outside interference.

Who's been getting a lot of TV time lately, is solid on the mic, and has worked with an eye candy valet before? If you guessed Robert Roode, you win. I'm hoping Beer Money doesn't split, but if/when they do, Roode is more likely to get a solo push, and having a blonde bombshell on his arm couldn't hurt. He'd handle all the promos, put on good matches, and Lacey would just have to stand there, wear her glasses, and awe the fans.

What do you think? Does she have a future? What is it, and why?

Probably not. Really, she is just completely pointless. She's pretty hot, but kind of goofy looking as well. When you go by sterotypical hot female wrestler standards, there are a lot who are ahead of her.

As for her in ring work, just deplorable. She shouldn't ever wrestle a match ever again. I'm not even sure she can handle walking to the ring without messing something up.

I'm sure she could be a valet or something, but I wouldn't like it. She's just unatural when she's on TV. Lacey is an awful actor, which is pretty much the only shot she has to succeed in wrestling, so I don't see a use for her. She should go back to Wrestlicious, if that still exists.

Probably not. Really, she is just completely pointless. She's pretty hot, but kind of goofy looking as well. When you go by sterotypical hot female wrestler standards, there are a lot who are ahead of her.

I'd say there's a few ahead of her, but certainly not a lot. Sadly, dressing her like a tramp has done no favors for her looks. She'd look great in a dress-suit with pumps and white stockings. Put some glasses on her, and you have Traci Brooks V2.0.

As for her in ring work, just deplorable. She shouldn't ever wrestle a match ever again. I'm not even sure she can handle walking to the ring without messing something up.

I'm sure you're referring her trip that they had to re-tape a few weeks back. I agree she shouldn't ever wrestle, but as a valet, she can at least make it to the ring without being the focus of the camera. Once she's there, I'm sure there would be a few times they cut to her for a few seconds, but she would never be the focus.

I'm sure she could be a valet or something, but I wouldn't like it. She's just unatural when she's on TV. Lacey is an awful actor, which is pretty much the only shot she has to succeed in wrestling, so I don't see a use for her. She should go back to Wrestlicious, if that still exists.

I was thinking that being paired with a decent mic worker would make up for her clear lack of caring for the business. Standing in the background, wearing a smile and a push up bra is not too hard for anyone. I'm sure she could handle it.

I'd say there's a few ahead of her, but certainly not a lot. Sadly, dressing her like a tramp has done no favors for her looks. She'd look great in a dress-suit with pumps and white stockings. Put some glasses on her, and you have Traci Brooks V2.0.

Ya, she can't pull of the **** look. Just doesn't work. She kinda reminds me of Tiffany, she'd probably look alright in that kind of attire, but I don't see the situation where she'd be doing that.

I'm sure you're referring her trip that they had to re-tape a few weeks back. I agree she shouldn't ever wrestle, but as a valet, she can at least make it to the ring without being the focus of the camera. Once she's there, I'm sure there would be a few times they cut to her for a few seconds, but she would never be the focus.

Wait, she really did trip? Didn't even know that, just was commenting on the her overall clumsiness. Wow, she's worse than I thought. Good thing TNA doesn't have ramps like the WWE, or she'd be in real trouble.

I was thinking that being paired with a decent mic worker would make up for her clear lack of caring for the business. Standing in the background, wearing a smile and a push up bra is not too hard for anyone. I'm sure she could handle it.

Ya, she could do that, but so can anyone. Why not just let someone who is decent, but has no storyline, do something like that for awhile? I guess it's the Von Erich name, but is it really that significant.

Just remembered that she is actually the valet for Flair on the current Hulkamania tour, so I guess that is her true calling. Or she is just there to get on Flair's dick. Either way, it works.

Wait, she really did trip? Didn't even know that, just was commenting on the her overall clumsiness. Wow, she's worse than I thought. Good thing TNA doesn't have ramps like the WWE, or she'd be in real trouble.

TNA does have a ramp...I'm not sure what happened, but she was walking to the ring, and stumbled, and they had to re-tape the entrance.

Ya, she could do that, but so can anyone. Why not just let someone who is decent, but has no storyline, do something like that for awhile? I guess it's the Von Erich name, but is it really that significant.

I'm not saying it's the name that should get her the job, but if she can't do anything else, and they have to pay her, why not let her do it? I wouldn't want them to take a legitimate wrestler out of the division, and leave her in the ring, where she can hurt herself or her opponent.

There's not much to the role, and since she's bound to get TV time no matter what, they need to find something for her to do. This is all if Beer Money split. I'm sure there's other ideas out there, but sadly, no one else is posting :glare:

Just remembered that she is actually the valet for Flair on the current Hulkamania tour, so I guess that is her true calling. Or she is just there to get on Flair's dick. Either way, it works.

Thanks for giving me the image of Lacey riding Flair. I didn't need that. But, if she really is a gold digger, sticking her on Nash as eye candy wouldn't be a bad idea. He'll need something to do once this run with EY is over.

TNA does have a ramp...I'm not sure what happened, but she was walking to the ring, and stumbled, and they had to re-tape the entrance.

It isn't as steep though. Anyway who is somewhat coordinated can make it down there. She is definetly not an athletel.

I'm not saying it's the name that should get her the job, but if she can't do anything else, and they have to pay her, why not let her do it? I wouldn't want them to take a legitimate wrestler out of the division, and leave her in the ring, where she can hurt herself or her opponent.

I'm not sure why they signed her in the first place, apart from the name. She can't wrestle and doesn't have character, and that's what the KOs are all about. If they can release her in some way, that'd be ideal, but the valet would be the next best thing. She wouldn't have to do anything, yet she'd be doing something.

There's not much to the role, and since she's bound to get TV time no matter what, they need to find something for her to do. This is all if Beer Money split. I'm sure there's other ideas out there, but sadly, no one else is posting :glare:

I think Nash would be a good choice, he's all about pimping out the ladies. Something mildly interesting could come from that. Or she could just be part of the World Elite as a whole. I'm sure they can make up some country that she's from.

Thanks for giving me the image of Lacey riding Flair. I didn't need that. But, if she really is a gold digger, sticking her on Nash as eye candy wouldn't be a bad idea. He'll need something to do once this run with EY is over.

Hell, she could even be Hogan's arm candy when he comes in. He deserves a chick for signing, right?

I think Nash would be a good choice, he's all about pimping out the ladies. Something mildly interesting could come from that. Or she could just be part of the World Elite as a whole. I'm sure they can make up some country that she's from.

I don't know how they can ever say a Von Erich isn't from Texas...

As far as working with Nash, it would be interesting to say the least. He's not going to contend for any titles, and is there to simply work with the mid-carders on their way to the top. Having a valet to work with would at least keep his promos fresh, and since he hasn't had a match last more than 5 minutes all year (I think), she wouldn't have to worry about thinking too hard.

Hell, she could even be Hogan's arm candy when he comes in. He deserves a chick for signing, right?

No. He doesn't need any reason to stick around longer than he planned on.

As Gelgarin so nicely pointed out in the Bar Room, we were all quite wrong about Lacey's prospects in TNA. I was wondering though, how could she be used in the future?

She's not great on the mic, so she'd have a hard time being a valet, unless she landed with someone who was a fantastic mic worker already, and she could be eye candy, and potential outside interference.

Who's been getting a lot of TV time lately, is solid on the mic, and has worked with an eye candy valet before? If you guessed Robert Roode, you win. I'm hoping Beer Money doesn't split, but if/when they do, Roode is more likely to get a solo push, and having a blonde bombshell on his arm couldn't hurt. He'd handle all the promos, put on good matches, and Lacey would just have to stand there, wear her glasses, and awe the fans.

What do you think? Does she have a future? What is it, and why?

I totally agree with you, and while I haven't been watching TNA long enough to get a good 'feel' for Roode, I like what I have seen of him. He has that 'it' look, and some pretty good ring work. I think someone like Lacey could help him get over, even if its just by a little bit. She can't wrestle, and like you said, Roode is fine by himself on the mic, so why not put her on someones arm? I think this is about the only the way she will have a future with the company, 'cause she doesn't really have anything for the buisness except looks. This would allow all the dudes to drool over her without seeing her horrible ring work.

Someone else that I wouldn't mind seeing her with is The Pope, I mean he is pimpin' so why not?

At this point, she goes as far as The Beautiful People go, and that isn't very far if they don't learn how to actually put on a good wrestling match overnight, which has about as much likelihood of happening as a catholic priest has the ability to suppress pedophilic urges when boys in small dresses are kneeling in front of them, ready to serve.

TBP aren't nearly as effective of a trio without Angelina Love, and that hurts them tremendously. Lacey's future as a singles competitor would be about as successful as attempting to fit a square peg in a round hole, IMO. She's far and away the worst in-ring worker TNA has under employment right now, and beauty can only take you so far.

At this point, she goes as far as The Beautiful People go, and that isn't very far if they don't learn how to actually put on a good wrestling match overnight, which has about as much likelihood of happening as a catholic priest has the ability to suppress pedophilic urges when boys in small dresses are kneeling in front of them, ready to serve.

As recently as a month ago, I'd agree. But, Madison and Velvet have very successful indy careers, and really can work decent matches. They've begun to do so on Impact, so I can't lump them in with her anymore.

Lacey is a bad ring worker, and either needs to go off-screen for a few months to take some basic lessons, or give up entirely. If Christy can work a match from Point A to Point B to Point C, there's no reason to think Lacey can't.

As recently as a month ago, I'd agree. But, Madison and Velvet have very successful indy careers, and really can work decent matches. They've begun to do so on Impact, so I can't lump them in with her anymore.

Lacey is a bad ring worker, and either needs to go off-screen for a few months to take some basic lessons, or give up entirely. If Christy can work a match from Point A to Point B to Point C, there's no reason to think Lacey can't.

But decent isn't good, NSL. That's kind of my point. Decent is what Sojo Bolt was capable of. Decent is what Rhaka Khan was capable of. Decent just isn't good enough, IMO, which is why TBP have fallen so far off the ladder since the loss of Love.

Problem is, TBP are finished without her. If she goes off-screen, there's just no point in perpetuating TBP stable, because there's no suitable replacement, and at this point another replacement doesn't help any either – it just makes Sky and Rayne look incredibly weak.

Lacey would be a good valet, if she doesn't speak too much. Lacey is horrible in the ring, and that won't go unnoticed by the IMPACT Zone fans for too long. Sometimes I wonder, could Velvet lead the BFP? She probably has the most charisma out of any of them,and while she's not good in the ring, she's still better than Lacey.

Back to Lacey's future. I don't think Robert Roode neads a valet. I didn't think he needed Traci Brooks a while back because he was a strong enough heel, and was able to cut pretty good promos. There is only one person Lacey would be perfect with....Scott Steiner. She could be Steiner's #1 freak, and her look would go perfectly with his persona. She wouldn't need to do much because Steiner can cut amazing promos, and is one heel of a heel. Big Poppa Pump and Lacey would be perfect duo.

I have nothing to say about this except for she cant do a whole lot at all ahe has no talent and she is kinda hot idk she cant be anything or do anything

I totally agree with you, and while I haven't been watching TNA long enough to get a good 'feel' for Roode, I like what I have seen of him. He has that 'it' look, and some pretty good ring work. I think someone like Lacey could help him get over, even if its just by a little bit. She can't wrestle, and like you said, Roode is fine by himself on the mic, so why not put her on someones arm? I think this is about the only the way she will have a future with the company, 'cause she doesn't really have anything for the buisness except looks. This would allow all the dudes to drool over her without seeing her horrible ring work.

Someone else that I wouldn't mind seeing her with is The Pope, I mean he is pimpin' so why not?

IDK if lassey can wrestle, but she has looks, can be like, a heel eye candy just like queen sheery. (Not that she was beautiful), she can maybe get roode into the global title. Nut anyway, back on topic. Lassey may also just end up turning heel, leading beautiful ppl into a title shot. Just my opinion.

I think when Angelina Love left they should have broke up The Beautiful People. Also if they were to be kept together I believe Velvet Sky should have been annointed the new leader. Anyway back to Lacey.

She hasn't done anything impressive since she has came in and if any match of hers contained any level of excitement it would be because of her opponents or teammates nothing more. I'm not going to blame Lacey 100% as TNA should have looked a little bit more into her before they signed her. I mean come on they let go of Gail Kim for this!?

NSL I applaud you attempt to find some kind of remote use for her but if TNA can release her or fire her to cut their losses now, I believe that would be the best way to go. Not to mention if Roode is going to make a serious singles run I don't think Lacey is his perfect eye candy.

I don't know I believe she needs to go back to the training grounds for further development because I can't get behind someone that talentless chasing the Knockout Championship when there are a lot of talented women ahead of her on the roster.

P.S. Am I the only person that thinks Madison Rayne doesn't fit the description of a beautiful person. I definitely think the shot missed it's mark on casting her into that stable. I think Christy Hemme or hell even Taylor Wilde would have been a better member. But that is for another thread. Get rid of Lacey!

With Lacey currently working the Hulkamania tour as Ric Flair's wrist-warmer, I think TNA is hoping she'll pick up whatever little bit of experience and seasoning she can from him. He's a master of the game and worked with some of the greats of all-time as far as valets/female managers go (Woman, Elizabeth, Baby Doll and the often overlooked Dark Journey). It can only serve Lacey, if she's at all interested in learning the game, to spend a few weeks traveling with Flair.

That, though, is the key here. Lacey has to be interested in picking up the industry and how it operates. The fact that she's made some flippant comments during interviews, showed limited or no improvement in her in-ring efforts over the last few months and doesn't outwardly appear interested in those improvements, and I question whether that's a priority for her at this time.

At this point, it seems pretty clear she's squeaking by on good looks and her family name. It won't be long before one or both wears out on her. Hell, when you get dropped by the WWE -- which doesn't even require Divas to have much more than a bra & panties match abilities -- things aren't looking too bright.

Personally, I'm not as high on Roode as the rest of the IWC seems to be, so I don't really want to see her wind up there. Besides, Beer Money has a good thing going, so why derail that now?

With the current crop of TNA wrestlers, there aren't many I could see Lacey working with ringside, though I do think that's probably the best place for her. Of the top names in the company, the one I'd personally like to see her with most is Christopher Daniels. He looks like a guy that could draw a chick like that and make her happy. Besides, with Daniels' recent move into the main event title scene, it could potentially add extra heat to his character & give him an "up" on A.J. Styles.

Another guy that has worked with a valet in the past to great success is Scott Steiner. Remember when he was paired up with Midijah in WCW? Who's to say that Lacey isn't an undercover "freak"? She could make a great addition to his arsenal. It might even make for an interesting storyline for Steiner to come to the ring with Lacey several times as Steiner/Lashley continue their confrontations . . . and have Krystal get suddenly jealous! The ensuing fireworks could be interesting.

i still can't believe it for being a Von Eric, she is that bad in the ring. That is a disgrace to the legacy of the Von Eric family who were amazing in the ring. Besides TNA should just cut there losses and get rid of her. She is basicly useless even as a valet she would fucked it up. i don't think she is that hot even i mean the hottest knockout is Daffeny i mean Lacey is a 7.5 at best so please TNA get rid of her and get some knockouts who can wrestle, work the mike, and are hot

I wish more TNA fans would be this open about lack of mic skills and charisma when it comes to certain "young stars" in TNA that are endlessly being pushed down the throats of the fans.

That being said...

It's real disapointing to me, from what little I have watched TNA since AJ became their main star, at how Lacey's performance has been, to put it mildly, lacking.

I grew up on the Von Erich brothers and WCCW. Now that I'm grown up and go back and watch those videos, man, those brothers were nailing it before anyone else.

Right now, Lacey is on borrowed time it seems. It's a damn shame, because it's in her blood. Somehow, someone has to be able to help her tap into that Von Erich blood.

Let's be honest, there's alot of people in the business who feel they owe it to her simpley because of the family dynasty she comes from.

As crazy as it may sound, I think if she took 6 months off, and worked with Michael Hayes (who has helped master mind some great gimmicks and angles) I honestly believe she could come back and show that she's worthy of using the family wrestling name.

A possible angle though, and it may sound crazy, would be if Flair comes to TNA, then Lacey could be shown as holding a grudge and forms an alliance with some new guy eager to make a name for himself (or whatever) to help Lacey put Flair away and make the Von Erichs, in her eyes, the victors from an old feud with Ric as well as for things Ric has said about the Von Erichs in the past.

Crazy I know, but it might just work and help Lacey and some new guy get over with a well publicized feud that comes from an old school angle that if done right, might even win over some of the "purists" who dont like TNA.

Just my thoughts though.

Louie, I don't think your idea is crazy at all. When I found out Lacey was working with Flair on the Hulkamania tour, the first thing I thought about was her screwing Flair on the last night of the tour to "Avenge Her Father."

Flair and Kerry Von Erich had some classic matches. Tapping into that for Lacey certainly couldn't hurt. Right now, the girl doesn't have much going for her except the family name. Why not make the absolute most of that legacy?!

The problem with Lacey is simple, she was pushed too fast and too soon because of a). her family legacy and b). Angelina left abruptly in the middle of an angle. I agree with Louie that if some training by Michael Hayes or even Uncle Kevin, it would benefit her greatly. She should have been brought in like several other women wrestlers; valet turning into wrestler to help hone her skills. I think everyone is jumping on her unfairly for something TNA did, not her. They are the ones who pushed her too soon. My only concern is that she might actually hurt someone legitimately by her lack of experience. The first and foremost rule as wrestlers is: DO NOT HURT THE OTHER WRESTLER. I've seen her in the ring and she is dangerous.

Valet for Roode is not a good match; remember how he treated women prior. Stiener is a good possibility, but my vote is Desmond Wolfe. He's got the mic skills and the sneakiness to pull off having a valet.

I was with you until this...

Valet for Roode is not a good match; remember how he treated women prior. Stiener is a good possibility, but my vote is Desmond Wolfe. He's got the mic skills and the sneakiness to pull off having a valet.

So, Roode being a chauvanist is worse than Steiner being a roided up sex freak? I'm not seeing it here. I don't disagree that Steiner is a good choice, I just disagree with the reasoning.

As for Wolfe...I'm not so sure. He's doing fine on his own, and if he were to get a valet, I think it'd be best if it was a classy British woman, and not an American Barbie doll. She would make him seem goofy, and bring him down, and he can't afford a risk like that after starting off as hot as he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back