• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KURT VS JARRET = TNA Distraction .

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrumpi

Occasional Pre-Show
OHH Boy where do I start . 1ST of all I am surprised that no 1 has touched this subject and because I love wrestling back stage drama I will start it . Now we all know that jeff and angel do not see eye to eye , but after hearing this news I must tell you that I am chocked of how things are going for TNA . I will tell you what I have gathered from this story and ill try to make it short .
in a radio show (bubba the love sponge) a caller who works for TNA said that Jeff Jarret is living with Karen angel ( kurts ex-wife) with the kids and the reason he is off T.V is to be with her . Later news came in that jarret has been actually sent home by dixi carter just to stay away from kurt. while the locker room believes that jeff actually is the one who requested some time off. In the mean time kurt and karen are fighting for child custody.So that may explain the personal problems that jeff is having , he is actually helping karen angel . Now kurt is pissed off because jeff has no reason to be involve in this, so kurt angel is now making TNA choose between him or jeff ,but IF they choose him he wants full creative control (HOGAN version 2.0 LOL) and now the locker room is choosing sides .

I for one believe this story is true because months ago there was an interview with kurt ( I think it was with howerd stern ) where he said that he divorced karen because she was cheating on him with one of the guys in TNA . But he didnt tell who it was . But now we know LOL.

So what do you the IWC think about this missed up situation . Who would you choose to stay and who to go? . Do you think this might make a huge Impact on TNA ? and what inputs do you have on this saga ? and do you think this will be turned into a story line ?

P.S: keep in mind that kurt angel contract expires at October which means this years BFG might be the last time we will see kuet in TNA . ohh and sorry if my grammar is weak . I am not from the U.S or the U.K .

TNA has done things in the past with bringing real life into the storylines but this time they need to keep buisness and personel seperate cause if they were to have a jarret angle match with this as a storyline it probly would be an unsactioned MMA fight billed as a one on one wrestling match then when the bell rings i can see it now angle going straight after jarret spering him and the just going to town with real punches idk thats just how i see it playing out if they make this into a storyline

First I would like to say that as long as this issue doesn't effect TNA Business it is no ones business but Kurt , Karen' s and Jeff's However with that said if it is effecting business (which it appears it may be) then it is Dixie Carter's business . Now if you all read wrestlezone then you know that Kurt Angle is using this situation to try to get control of Creative in TNA , basically saying to Dixie Carter Either Jarrett is out as head of creative (possibliy out of TNA all together) and I take over or I WILL NOT resign with TNA when my contract comes up . which is a great political move by Angle I give him credit for that , and where as Jarrett is minority owner Dixie can take him out as Head of Creative (I believe but I'm not sure) It'll will be interesting to see how this all plays out .
I have to say I side with Kurt Angle on this one TNA should choose him because he is simply the best wrestler in the world today and Jarrett doesn't have what it takes anymore to get it done night after night . I think TNA will try to turn it into an on screen angle (i hope they don't because it'll be bad for business) if they can some how get Kurt and Jarrett to both stay with TNA . IF they make a storyline out of this TNA management (Dixie Carter) would have to keep a close eye on it 24/7 becasue with all the personal issues involved it could get ugly really fast . I hope this awnsers all the questions in the post PEACE & LOVE 2 EVERY 1 :)

It's possible that the situation with Jarrett and Angle won't have much of an impact in terms of TNA business, though I don't really see how. It's no secret that Kurt Angle essentially wants to be in charge of TNA's creative team and that he and Jarrett don't get along. If Karen Angle is involved in a relationship with Jeff Jarrett, then that's just adding fuel to the fire.

When it's all said and done, I see almost no way Kurt Angle isn't going to get his way with this. Dixie Carter has bent TNA over backwards to give Angle everything he's wanted in the past, I doubt it's gonna be any different here. While Angle doesn't make as much in TNA as he did in the WWE, I think I read a long time back that he has a downside guarantee of $500,000. That's considerably more than probably anyone else on the roster is getting, with the possible exception of Sting. Angle also gets time off when he wants, he's started acting some as well, he's also been flirting with the idea of an MMA career on the side which TNA will make allowances for if it were to come to pass. Basically, anything Angle wants he gets but I really don't know if that's a good thing overall.

Basically, Kurt Angle is the Hulk Hogan of TNA. He gets pretty much whatever he wants the way he wants it. That's pretty much how WCW got Hulk Hogan, they gave the guy the moon and stars.

I hope TNA fires Kurt Angle for being a bitch boy, and fires Jeff Jarrett because he's one of the reasons TNA sucks.

Sigh. President Carter is in a tough spot. As I said before TNA means everything to Jeff Jarrett and he still owns like 27% of the company. That said I doubt he would ever sell it which means he will always be involved with the Board of Directors at least. However that is all the stroke he has in this situation because Dixie Carter can fire him from every other position in the company.

On the Kurt Angle side I think Jeff Jarrett is less important for TNA in creative than Kurt Angle is in the ring but it would be tough as hell for me to sign Angle to be head of creative. If Dixie Carter is as good as I think she may be I think she would have to put him through a crapload of interviews with not only herself but other members of the TNA creative team, Road Agents, and all of the top players in the company. Interviewed by all of them and then see what the consensus said before even thinking about letting him be on the creative team.Then I would have a clause in the contract that would act on how far up he moved on the creative latter throughout the contract. But just handing over creative control to Kurt I couldn't do.

Kurt Angle is the top wrestler in the business but he hasn't proven shit when it comes to booking. If Kurt Angle wants to be a booker I say let him start from the bottom of the creative team and work his way up.

As far as Jeff Jarrett goes I love him in the ring and his booking before his family problems was great. However since his wife died the passion he had for the business just doesn't seem to be there and it is hurting TNA.

In my opinion Kurt is the choice at this point.

jeff jarrett or kurt angle shouldnt be on the creative team at the moment for a couple of reasons. angle only wants to get one over on jarrett for whats goin on and cause tna has bent over backwards to keep him happy, and jeff shouldnt be because i think he has lost some or a lot of passion for wrestling at the moment. dixie carter should do vince mcmahon and over see every aspect or she should get the input from wrestlers to see where there character and/or feud should go. and work with creative,

Angle is the best decision at the moment cause he is more relevant to TNA than Jeff Jarrett. That's sad cause Jarrett is a founding father. But I think Dixie Carter should build a new creative staff anyway cause it definitely looks like TNA is hurting with the creative direction of everything. Let Russo go as well cause he doesn't have his attitude era flair that he used to have when writing. He lost it a long time ago. Dixie Carter needs to revamp her company and I can't see Angle being too bad along with so creative people or a veteran like Nash(if I heard correctly him and Hall are responsible for a lot of over WCW storylines).

I don't know Angle seems logical on this one especially since they don't want their biggest star returning to WWE. That would do more damage to TNA than if Jarrett was to show up in a WWE ring again.

Seriously, in the end, does it really matter that Jeff is dating Karen? On a personal angle (No Pun Intended), no it doesn't. Reason being is because Kurt and Karen are divorced and of this is where Jeff moves on in his personal life, then so be it. He's a human and deserves to be happy just as much as anyone else does. The really crappy thing about this whole thing is that Kurt is using this as a tool to try and get what he wants out of TNA. I am not saying that Jarrett is the greatest booker ever, but at least he is trying and as of late seems to be trying for the fans and not personal agendas. We really don't need Kurt in charge of creative either becaue the fact is that Kurt is another wrestler that is worried about himself. It's like everyone is saying, it's a Hulk Hogan/WCW situation, which was a really bad thing for WCW and the fans in the end. Hogan didn't care because he made his money and that was that. His crap and being in control made him the man and destroyed other careers, many before they even started. Not saying that Jarrett is making things better either though.
TNA still hasn't figured out that former WWE wrestlers are not going to make their product better. They need to brand their own superstars and it can be done. Beer Money Inc. is a great example. It can be done, but for mthe Love of God, if people like Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett don't have some kind of leash, this is where things are going to continue to go. Now you put Kurt in charge and things are not going to change that much other than the fact that Kurt will now be in the position that Double J is in and we have a new dictator that is going to try really hard at first. Sadly, it will end up where it was before. It's too bad that the company can't just find a great fan of the business out there that could just be in charge and make the show as great as it could be. Kind of like, without the really mean streak and self serving side, Eric Bischoff when he was younger and doing what he was doing for WCW when it was about the fans and before it was about money. Someone with that initiative and creative thinking could so do something great with this industry. Too bad that all that seems to matter to the writers and creative teams anymore is who has a bigger disk, stroke, and Ego. In the end, if the fans are not happy, is it all really worth it? This si what they are all missing. Do I care that Jeff Jarrett is giving Karen Angle the pickle tickle? For one reason only, because it is being used as a crappy bargaining tool to put Angle in power and to oust Jeff. This is the kind of crap that TNA does not need, especially right now.
I say screw Kurt and Jeff both. Keep things the way that they are for the moment. If Kurt leaves, oh well, focus on what you have as the company can survive without him. Jeff get6s to stay on the creative team, but he doesn't have the final say so. Bring in a fresh set of eyes without a personal agenda that can round out what he and Russo are doing. Sadly that will never happen.

This is a tough decision for Dixie Carter to make but she has to choose either Angle or Jarrett. If I were her I would choose Angle mainly because if all this is true, than Jarrett should get punished because thats fucked up of Jarrett to be dating your friend's ex-wife. Especially if Karen Angle was cheating with Jarrett while she was still married to Kurt. I heard that most people in the the locker room who are choosing sides are choosing Angle's side because they don't like the way the booking/creative has been under Jarrett's control. If all this is true, then I lose my respect for Jarrett for what he did to Kurt, you don't sleep with your friend's wife/ex-wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back