• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Its Official TNA is Out Of Business .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurricane, I don’t ever remember the signing of Pac Man Jones getting them talked about on every other network. I only remember reading a few things and that’s it. There wasn’t some big fuzz made over it. As far as Angle getting a DUI, I don’t remember them getting a lot of publicity for that either. It’s not like it was the first time it happened in wrestling anyways. There has been countless times where wrestlers have gotten DUI’s and other stuff. But then you have the whole Angle thing, when was the last time you read something about a wrestler apparently stalking (he has not been proven to be guilty yet) someone and having illegal drugs. Even if prescribed, I do believe the drugs he had were illegal. I mean, the publicity they are getting for the whole thing is just so much more than what they got for the signing of Pac Man Jones and Angle’s DUI. For fucks sake, they were featured on ESPN’s website. You don’t see pro-wrestling being mentioned or featured too much on ESPN by the way. Then they were on TMZ, although that was expected, there are still a lot of people who read their website and some of them are bound to be wrestling fans. And it’s not only ESPN and TMZ there are other websites and shows talking about them. Overall, this could really help TNA even if it’s a bad thing happening to Angle because of the fact that they are getting a ton of publicity over it. People who didn’t know about them probably do now and might want to check them out…therefore leading to an increase in ratings if they like what they see and an increase in pay per view buys if they decide to buy one(it would probably be a small one but it’s an increase nonetheless).

Mister Rob, you have been spouting out the same crap about how TNA sucks and is in trouble and how they won't survive another few years if they continue to do this. I wish Slyfox was here to tear you a new one like he did in the past.

I know for a fact this never happened, so clearly you were reading a thread that didn't include me at all. But yes, I'm shaking in my wrestling boots.

Kurt Angle hasn't been proven guilty. He likely had discussions with Dixie Carter and they most likely talked it out and came to a resolution. Nobody was there when the situation occurred, nobody was there during the Dixie/Kurt discussions. Don't talk like you guys know how to run a wrestling promotion because reality is none of us do.

HGH isn't on the federal list of controlled substances, so if its not a controlled substance then what is it? Any guess? What it comes down to is what state Kurt Angle was in when he was arrested. The distribution of HGH is prohibited in most states, but the point here isn't even whether he's going to be charged with some great crime or not.. its the fact that, take Colorado for instance, Colorado has made HGH a controlled substance by including it in the definition of “anabolic steroid,” and making its use a misdemeanor but its possession a felony. With the bad issues that have risen throughout the wrestling world in past years due to steroids how is having the face of your company, the current champion, a known abuser of what some deem a steroid, etc, a good business decision? I for one don't expect them to fire Angle or do anything extreme in response to things that haven't been settled in court (although the fact he's scheduled to go to court tells you he was charged and that's enough, really) but it would've likely been smart to remove him from his spot with the championship during the time this scandal is possibly going to be taking place, because one.. it shows a lack of character for your company when the champion you're promoting has and clearly uses HGH and is involved in something like this. And two.. what if the worse case scenario does happen when he goes to court, then they may not have enough time to make him drop the belt or do anything at all but strip him, which is a missed opportunity to put someone over.

I think something is going to happen, maybe even this coming week's Impact, where possibly Hernandez will use his Feast or Fire case and win the title. Otherwise, like I stated before, TNA is clueless.

Spike TV isn't going to bail on TNA. TNA gets between 1.5-1.7 million viewers weekly, which is much higher than any other programming on the network. If Spike bailed on TNA, both would be in deep crap. It was rumored that a few months back the average rating for Spike programming was a 0.7, now just imagine how low it would be without Spike.

Whoever said Spike was going to bail on TNA? No one from my knowledge.

Whoever said Spike was going to bail on TNA? No one from my knowledge.

Someone else did!

Seems like Spike TV is so infuriated by what TNA did that they signed a new 3-year deal

Well I'll add my 2 cents in here.

1st. Angle has some $$, and probably TNA behind him. Some $$ and good lawyers.Hell Kobe Bryant cornholed a white girl in Co. It sounds like a pissed off ex filing after getting kicked out of the house and losing her money man??? I'd Like to add what she prob said, but I aint going there. OK prob something about Fing the crackers crap up.

2ND the HGH. if it is a scrip, its the docs ass

3rd D.U.S, depending on the state, and lawyers, you might do a a few tens or hundred hours of community service. lets see, lock him up for cost to the state or go to do some help at the Y for poor kids. Get him in the news. He, TNA and the DA look ok. Hell when I was in ATL Vick was out in the projects every time he got in trouble. And my FAV was :

In March 2005, Sonya Elliott filed a civil lawsuit against Vick alleging she contracted genital herpes from him in the autumn of 2002, and that he failed to inform her that he had the disease.[35] Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments and thus knew of his condition. On April 24, 2006, Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward, revealed that the lawsuit had been settled out of court under undisclosed terms.[36] Many fans bought custom jerseys from NFL.com with Vick's number 7 and the name "MEXICO" on the back, as a reference to his lawsuit. The NFL has since banned customizing jerseys with the name Mexico.[37]

2259672.1007966.jpg

So how many more people are going to claim that TNA has been getting lower buyrates? You guys have been pulling this stuff out of your ass. There isn't one, not a single person that has ever registered on this fucking forum who knows what TNA's buyrates are. You know how I know? TNA does NOT disclose said information. The 7,000 thing was a fucking joke. Get over it. Will they go out of business? Yeah, as soon as they release all of the "rejects" from the E. Then nobody will watch anymore. Why would hiring Hollywood writers be a bad thing? Why does trying to be more like the WWE mean they will go out of business? See the missed steps in logic there? If not, say something. Be prepared to be schooled at a later time.

So how many more people are going to claim that TNA has been getting lower buyrates? You guys have been pulling this stuff out of your ass. There isn't one, not a single person that has ever registered on this fucking forum who knows what TNA's buyrates are. You know how I know? TNA does NOT disclose said information. The 7,000 thing was a fucking joke. Get over it. Will they go out of business? Yeah, as soon as they release all of the "rejects" from the E. Then nobody will watch anymore. Why would hiring Hollywood writers be a bad thing? Why does trying to be more like the WWE mean they will go out of business? See the missed steps in logic there? If not, say something. Be prepared to be schooled at a later time.

Personnally, i don't think they will go out of business anytime soon but they are getting there if they don't make drastic changes to there product. The thing is TNA is looking more and more like WCW from 10 years ago. You know when the only thing good about WCW was the cruiserweight division, that what's going on right now. They are trying to hard to be like the WWE but you can do the WWE style of show without having the money for the production of it. It's been five years now and they are still stuck in Orlando. Doing pretty much every show there even PPV while trying to pull storylines the would need to be set in a bigger environnement. The reason why the ratings didn'T move that much in like 5 years is because they can't attract new fans and the reason why they can'T attract new fans is that either a) WWE fans don'T know TNA exist or B) They do know it exist but realise that it'S pretty much the same thing as The WWE but more amateurish.

TNA are saying to everybody that want to hear it that they are the alternative in wrestling, that'S not true. They haven't been in the alternative in wrestling for the past 3 years. The only thing that makes them the alternative is what happen this weekend with Angle. Every other wrestling organization in the world would have taken the belt of Angle and suspended him but TNA decided to not do it what even worst is they are acting like it didn'T happenned, that the only difference between them and the WWE right now. If they continue the way they are going right now, one of 2 things will happen either they are going to continue to flounder for the next 3 years or something big is going to happen like Kurt Angle dying and they will have the u.s congress trying to shut them down. But one way or another TNA needs to live up to what they are saying if they want to get new fans and survive because it'S been 7 years and they are still at the same place they were when IMPACT was broadcast on fox sportsnet. Even WCW took less time then that of becoming a big organization. Maybe they should bring Eric Bischoff to help them.

The first post is just garbage. TNA's ratings have been rising steadily, they are doing fine. Hell, they are even making a profit. The whole Angle/Jarrett situation is stupid, but it won't kill TNA. They can still keep the show going and improving even with the backstage drama.

Just because they are possibly signing a hollywood writer, it doesn't mean anything. Just another person to bounce ideas off of. I don't see how that could lead to Dixie selling TNA to WWE. That doesn't even make any sense. Also, Gail Kim leaving is hardly going to affect a company that much. Sure, she was pretty good, but there are plenty of women wrestlers better than her, namely Tara. TNA is fine, you are not.

Now I may be over reacting , but guess what TNA just gave me every reason to do so . Ok Ill count down the reasons why I am suspecting that TNA is fucked up because of :

This should be quite good. I look forward to your expert opinion.
1-The love triangle: JJ and Karen and Kurt .We all know the story ,but what came out of it is that JJ is no longer a booker but only a wrestler and you also have 2 firings to 2 big back stage names .

Well, really he hasn't wrestled since then, so I would argue that he hasn't become just a wrestler since then. Hell, there are rumours he may even be forced to leave the company. But I fail to see what Jarrett had been doing for the company recently. And just to prove that he doesn't make that much difference as a wrestler or a booker, TNA has been much better in recent weeks and there have been a rise in ratings.

Also, I don't see how it's a love trriangle if Kurt and Karen don't love each other anymore.
2-Kurt angel TND(Total non stop drama) : We all read the story and now he is out of prieson . But w8 here is that best part TNA is avtually is going to make him wrestle . Do I need to explain how wrong this is !! (Kurt if you continue this road you are going to end up like beniot or worse) .

Firstly, would it have killed you to spell wait rather than w8.

This story has given TNA huge publicity and made Hard Justice eagerly anticipated, a lot for just that reason. And what was that thing Eric Bishoff said, oh yeah, controversy creates cash. What could be more controversial than an arrest. And I don't find it surprising he is still allowed to wrestle by TNA. Hell, was it not them who signed him even though he was a drug addict.

3- This came in today and BOY it made my day :)......NOT .

You had me for a minute there.

I have just checked out WZ and they have a post that says dixi ( ready for this ) is not looking for hyman nor gabe (former ROH writer who done many good stuff there) . SHE WANTS ........... ARE YOU READY ..........
MOTHER FUCKING HOLLYWOOD WRITERS !!!!!:wtf::banghead:::mad::shit::::cuss2::shooter::dark2: . What in the blue HELL is wrong with TNA do they rely think they can become TNE (TN-Entertainment) . Just thinking about how raw sucks because of these stupid hollywood writers ,Now you want me to think TNA is going to do better than that where with wrestling bookers (who are good but not great ) they cant do shit you want to now bring those stupid sitcom writers who know shit about wrestling . is TNA loosing there mind ? .

I don't think they're just going to bring in hollywood writers and let them book it. They're still going to have wrestling bookers. They can work in tandem if they are brought. Personally I wouldn't like it, but it could work. Look at the WWE. They did pretty well with these type of writers, no?

Now lets review shall we

Yes let's

: 1-You are getting rid off all what brought you to the game (X-division,Knockouts,JJ,ETC...)and bring as many of former wwe guys as you can no matter who they are (I bet 50$ that they will get hornswagol if they get the chance LOL) .

These WWE names bring you name value and exposure. Also, how are they:

A) Getting rid of the knockouts. It's one of the divisions that is really being pushed to the moon. They have more feuds going on in there (The beautiful people vs ODB, Alissa Flash v Sarita, Victoria v Awesome Kong) than in the X division and the tag team division.

B) How did the Knockouts get them where they are when they only popped up in October 2007. Over five years into it's existence.

And that statement about Hornswoggle, well that would be an idiotic bet.

2-You are loosing Kurt Angel and to top that you are not willing to suspend him or release him and hoping this will all work out ....:wtf: . ohh and by me saying loosing kurt I mean as in law or life matter .

Wait, were you just not complaining about Angle being in the company. You need to make up your mind. And what would suspending him do. Let him come back the same, or forcing him out of the company.

3- You are now looking for hollywood writers . I think I made my point clear about this . It will not be a surprise if dixi sells TNA to wwe while she can have some share hold with the company .

Just so you know, there is an "e" in Dixie. I also don't understand what you mean by selling to WWE to keep a share. Does that make sense.

OHH I forgot Number 4 The BIG ONE : You bitches sent gail kim back to wwe . For who for the bitch her self Camel toe aka survivor bitch aka jenna morascow .

They have nothing to do with each other. And Gail was the one who left.

Reactions: gd
Wow I'm sure everyone else has said it better but the first post needs some more verbal ass kicking. How are you for TNA but want it to go out of business at the same time? and what does Gail Kim leaving TNA have to do with anything? Look at their Knockouts Division. It keeps getting better and better week after week. The WWE Reject thing needs to be laid to rest. TNA has more original and new talent every week then they do former WWE talent.

As far as Hollywood writers, who gives a damn. As long as TNA can boost ratings and make a larger profit I'm all for it. I admit that the ratings have slipped and maybe the Slamiversary PPV. That doesn't mean TNA doesn't continue to make a profit. They just signed a 3 year deal with Spike TV with extra programming. I'm sure TNA will do fine, they have nowhere else to go but up. Lets not persecute Angle before we get all the facts. Angle might have problems, but he is nowhere near as bad as Benoit was at the end.

Personally, I think Hogan has more problems then Angle has but that's a different story altogether. But I don't think he is going to kill his family for it.
Any publicity is good publicity and I don't think we will hear much about this fiasco later on. I'm sure it will blow off. As long as TNA keeps pushing their new stars they will continue to grow. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain at this point.

When you think thing couldn'T get worst for TNA with the Jarett situation and the Angle situation, if the rumor is true then they might get another problem on their hand. Do you remember a couple of month ago they had vignette for a new wrestler name Andromeda. This character was supposed to be played by a gay mexican wrestler but for some reason, he never debut. The rumor has it that the reason why he never debuted was because 2 member of the creative were homophobes. The problem is that if that's the case and the guy decides to sued TNA it will make more bad publicity for TNA.

Like i said, this is only a rumor, so let's hope this rumor doesn'T come true because if there something TNA doesn'T need right now it's more bad news especially since there image is already tarnished by the whole Kurt Angle situation.

Lol. Nash is beyond horrible. I was a huge fan of Nash, but the man is DONE. BEEN DONE. Steiner? Really? He has a following? Of what 9 people? Under 10 what I said. Be honest, WHO here would buy a PPV headlined by Steiner, if the rest of the card wasn't great. NOBODY. Cause he has NO followers. He worthless now too. Where is his followers supposedly at? I mean they can't even draw 2,000 for a house show, They can't fill up anything overseas. So what, are their followers ghosts? Like followers that passed on? Maybe that's it

And I can't fathom why nobody ever actually takes the time to read now days. I read everyone of you guys posts that you type, so why can't you respect me and actually read mine before you comment.

Did I say Spike is going to boot TNA off? NOPE. What I did say was what IF a Benoit tragedy happens with Angle, would Spike stick around? Did I say Panda COULDN'T afford to fight the Gov if they got involved? NOPE. I said they WOULDN'T. And they wouldn't. It's a no brainer. Panda could care less if TNA lives or dies. They don't turn that much a profit off them, and frankly its mostly Dixies little big top circus where she gets to run something. Panda would drop TNA in a second if Angle went Benoit. Because they didn't get to where they are by investing in bad investments. And IF a Angle situation happens, you can bet congress would be up both Vince's and TNA's ass.

And wheres all this publicity at? Ratings didn't change much good or bad after Angle. So yet again, ignore buyrates, ignore the ratings. It's good pub because ESPN mentioned it?

I don't like WWE right now, I don't like TNA right now. Both are crap.

TNA has had 7+ years to figure it out. They haven't. And they never will until they get people that understand wrestling.

Lol. Nash is beyond horrible. I was a huge fan of Nash, but the man is DONE. BEEN DONE. Steiner? Really? He has a following? Of what 9 people? Under 10 what I said. Be honest, WHO here would buy a PPV headlined by Steiner, if the rest of the card wasn't great. NOBODY. Cause he has NO followers. He worthless now too. Where is his followers supposedly at? I mean they can't even draw 2,000 for a house show, They can't fill up anything overseas. So what, are their followers ghosts? Like followers that passed on? Maybe that's it

And I can't fathom why nobody ever actually takes the time to read now days. I read everyone of you guys posts that you type, so why can't you respect me and actually read mine before you comment.

Did I say Spike is going to boot TNA off? NOPE. What I did say was what IF a Benoit tragedy happens with Angle, would Spike stick around? Did I say Panda COULDN'T afford to fight the Gov if they got involved? NOPE. I said they WOULDN'T. And they wouldn't. It's a no brainer. Panda could care less if TNA lives or dies. They don't turn that much a profit off them, and frankly its mostly Dixies little big top circus where she gets to run something. Panda would drop TNA in a second if Angle went Benoit. Because they didn't get to where they are by investing in bad investments. And IF a Angle situation happens, you can bet congress would be up both Vince's and TNA's ass.

And wheres all this publicity at? Ratings didn't change much good or bad after Angle. So yet again, ignore buyrates, ignore the ratings. It's good pub because ESPN mentioned it?

I don't like WWE right now, I don't like TNA right now. Both are crap.

TNA has had 7+ years to figure it out. They haven't. And they never will until they get people that understand wrestling.

Honest to God man, pull your head out of your ass. TNA sold out almost all of their international shows, only a small number didn't sell out. So take that back to drawing board. As has been said before in this thread, you do not know the TNA buyrates, unless you're basing your "knowledge" on the baseless 7,000 rumour for Slammiversary which never had any credibility, so again head out of ass before posting.

Again you try to bash Steiner, yes he's older and arguably he's had few matches since his WCW days that were up to the calibre of his work during the 90's, so what? Ric Flair had a massive following long after he stopped being capable inside the ring, infact he lasted a good 10 years beyond his worth. Scott Steiner has fans, accept it. You're basically trying to talk down on of the best tag team wrestlers in history and you're doing such a bad job at it you've actually made me a Steiner fan.

So let's see since Angle's arrest there's been a PPV and an episode of Impact, have the ratings for this weeks Impact been released yet? No. And it's common knowledge that buyrates aren't printed until months after the PPV so you're basing this on nothing? You do that a lot, just saying. As for the whole "Angle might be the next Benoit" just shut up already. Angle is innocent until proven guilty so stop jumping to conclusions about something you can't comprehend. Just give up and move on, until some legitimate facts are given on Angle's situation you're just speculating, Panda Energy will stand by TNA, TNA makes them money and you protect your assetts.

And finally TNA is doing great, in 7 years they've gone from literally nothing to the second biggest wrestling company in the US, they average 1.3 in the ratings. So instead of talking shit, making up "facts" and commenting that they need people who "understand wrestling" to make the company better, just shut the fuck up. TNA is a business, the purpose of a business is to make money, TNA is making money therefore they are succeeding as a business. You may think that spending your days doing nothing but watching wrestling makes you an expert, but you don't know shit about running a profitable business and I'd say the people running TNA know a lot more about making money than you ever will.

So seriously give up and go home nothing you say is relevant, true or interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back