Kurt Angle Takes Shot At WWE Stars Using His Moves at WM

Angle is being a ******** if he really thinks that he owns the ankle lock. Shamrock used it long before you bud, and he wasn't the first one to do it either. The Olympic Slam you might have an argument on, but unfortunately again that's really just a traditional suplex variation that's been used for something like 40 years, long before Angle ever entered this business.

I'm just going to write this off as him venting on Twitter after a few drinks.

I didn't know Angle invented a spinning belly to back suplex.

This is like when AJ was mad about Michelle McCool using the Styles Clash. Get over yourselves.

To be fair there, the Styles Clash is a pretty unique move that definitely was not being used in any kind of regular use by anyone in the business until AJ came up with it. People may have stumbled upon the move before, but for all intents and purposes AJ did invent that move pretty much.

Angle is being a ******** if he really thinks that he owns the ankle lock. Shamrock used it long before you bud, and he wasn't the first one to do it either. The Olympic Slam you might have an argument on, but unfortunately again that's really just a traditional suplex variation that's been used for something like 40 years, long before Angle ever entered this business.

I'm just going to write this off as him venting on Twitter after a few drinks.

To be fair there, the Styles Clash is a pretty unique move that definitely was not being used in any kind of regular use by anyone in the business until AJ came up with it. People may have stumbled upon the move before, but for all intents and purposes AJ did invent that move pretty much.

So was a right hand when everyone used grappling. I don't hear whoever first used that complaining. Wrestling mvoes are copied all the time. It's not McCool's fault that more people have heard of her than AJ.

Randy Orton also responded which pretty much put Angle in his place. Angle should also realise that he's been gone from WWE for 5 years! Others should be allowed to use these moves. Jake Roberts innovated the DDT is he upset if anyone uses it as a regular move? No he isn't and he actually innovated the move, Angle didn't invent any of his finishing moves.

Considering that video is from 2002, by which point in time Styles was already a well known indy wrestler who had been using the move for awhile, I'm not sure if that really proves anything about the Styles Clash.

Considering that video is from 2002, by which point in time Styles was already a well known indy wrestler who had been using the move for awhile, I'm not sure if that really proves anything about the Styles Clash.

Putting aside the oxymoron there, that's the only video of the Crash Landing that I'm aware of. Hell, until I googled it, I was half convinced that there were no videos or images of it at all.

And in any case, it's possible for two people to separately come up with the same idea. The invention of Calculus proves this.

Putting aside the oxymoron there, that's the only video of the Crash Landing that I'm aware of. Hell, until I googled it, I was half convinced that there were no videos or images of it at all.

And in any case, it's possible for two people to separately come up with the same idea. The invention of Calculus proves this.

Oh shush you with your indy insults. Styles had wrestled for WCW by that point as well in 2001 as part of the Air Paris tag team too, so he was already a well known young up and comer and he had established the Styles Clash by then as his big finisher.

Oh shush you with your indy insults.

Yeah, that was uncalled for on my part.

Styles had wrestled for WCW by that point as well in 2001 as part of the Air Paris tag team too, so he was already a well known young up and comer and he had established the Styles Clash by then as his big finisher.

I'm not really so sure X. I know that Styles had started using it in 2001 (according to Youtube, he used it for the first time at a WCW Thunder show in early 2001. No idea of that's true or not), but whether or not Crash saw it and thought "yes, I want to use it as my finisher" is debatable.

As an example, Tyler Black doesn't keep up ROH much these days (confessed on his formspring), and his schedule is easier than Crash's was while he was on the main roster (and not to mention Crash has less reason to actively obtain tapes of NWA Wildside than Black does to buy the latest ROH iPPVs). Like with two people inventing calculus, Crash and Styles may have come up with the same move completely separately from one another.

Well there's also the whole thing with Crash having died of a drug overdose back in 2003. That tends to stop some people from caring whether their moves are "stolen" or not.

McCool has no excuse though.

Well there's also the whole thing with Crash having died of a drug overdose back in 2003. That tends to stop some people from caring whether their moves are "stolen" or not.

McCool has no excuse though.

She does not. Mostly because she does the part of the move that makes it a great finisher wrong (the rolling over into an effective pin). Her execution is piss poor as well, but she's a woman's wrestler so that's a given.

I really don't reckon Angle wrote those comments. I don't know about anyone else but the way I write doesn't change that much when I'm drunk. I definitely wouldn't write things like U as in you, or be4 if I didn't use them normally. I could be wrong though, but Kurt has always been respectful to other wrestlers on the most part from what I know. And he's definitely been drunk before. Why would he change that trend now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back