• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle Takes Shot at Randy Orton During Lockdown?

morrisonfan

Dark Match Winner
Sorry if this has been pointed out in a thread already, if so move it to that, but while watching Lockdown tonight, I noticed a certain move in the Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett bout.

Most of us already know that Randy Orton has been using the Angle Slam as of late, and Kurt Angle states that he doesn't really care, although he said on twitter that he waits for the person to retire before he uses their move.(ex: Ken Shamrock using the Ankle Lock). We also remember the little Angle "twitter hack" now whether or not it's true is beyond me on whether or not he cares about Orton using his finisher.

This leads me to Lockdown. About mid-way towards the end of the match, Angle hit what looked to be an RKO on Jarrett, a rather sloppy one, which came out looking more like a Diamond Cutter, but I feel he was going the route with an RKO to take a shot at Orton perhaps.

Angle has never done that move, or I haven't seen him do it anyways, but he did tonight and I immediately thought of Orton doing the Angle Slam.

Did anyone else who watched Lockdown happen to see this? I am not saying he did the move because of that purpose but it seems like a coincidence.

Thoughts?

Who cares?

People use each other's moves all the time. This is a situation where people have too much time and are analyzing the hell out of every little nipstitch. Was WWE copying TNA Lockdown by having gimmick-based PPVs? Of course that could be argued.

This really just doesn't matter.

meh...follow him on twitter...says it was a respect thing. I really dont care what move belongs to who...I know wrestlers have signature moves but eh... I really dont care, wrestling is wrestling

Yeh he did take a shot at him on twitter. Angle should stop being a kid. It showed he still hung on to what happened what two weeks ago.But I wanna see what Orton says.

If they are not in the same company, who cares (using the same move in the same company wouldn't make sense obviously).

Jake Roberts isn't the only one allowed to use the DDT you know.

I saw Kaz, or some other guy, use the Codebreaker, and CM Punk does the GTS that KENTA does.

Saw Lockdown and saw the same thing and lmao, that's the first thing I thought of when he did it, from the way he got down on the mat and waited for JJ to get up, he was deffinatly taking a shot at Orton, Angles never done an RKO/Diamondcutter(it's the same move) in a match before that I can recall, so that's the only reason why I think he did it, to say if your gonna use mine I'm gonna use yours. I thought it was funny.

What if no one had ever done the Olympic Slam since Angle? What are the odds that Angle does Orton's move out of the blue? Zero. He calls it a sign of respect, but meh I don't think it was. He tried to act professional about it, but I think deep down he really doesn't like it. So to me this was a case of well if you're going to use my move I'm using yours so FU kid. It was his way to get back at Orton. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. And I will say it's not a big deal. I find it funny. I just wish Kurt would stop saying he's doing it out of respect. He's not. lol.

well, since it is now known that Angle did it on purpose "out of respect." I'd actually like to take a second and point out how unnecessarily dangerous the last few munites of the match were..is Kurt trying to end up in a wheelchair? Lockdown sure looked it...

Angle is delusional. If you waited for someone to retire before you did their move (in a completely different company) then you'd have nothing unless you invented it. Kurt certainly was doing rolling Germans, while in a feud with He-Should-Not-Be-Named, back when that person was doing it as a signature move of his own. Kurt does moonsaults. I can think of tons of wrestlers, still wrestling that did that first as a signature or a finisher.

If he wanted to do the Ace Crusher, I see nothing wrong with it. Doing it to spite Randy Orton is stupid. Orton didn't invent it, he's just another guy that does it, just like DDP was.

Good. Fuck Orton and his bitch ass played out finisher. I'm glad Kurt did it. I wish he wrote lol or #sarcasm at the end of that twitter post about respect cause we know Kurt did it to get back at Orton.

who cares if it was a shot at Orton or not. I just can't belive someone admitted to ordering a TNA pay per view

YOU FUCKING MORON WHAT THE FUCK? WHATIS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU FUCKING DUMBASS? FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

... we're using streams :laugh: I'm a mark but even I won't spend money on a TNA PPV. It's not their ... hmm .. niche.

As far as the Angle "situation" - I loved it. Hey, at least it was funny. Plus it makes for so many jokes. Did someone hack his mind this time?

You know, I will never, ever understand how someone who can go through all those sick bumps, land on his face, jump off a cage and bounce off the mat, be so .. so immature and silly when it comes to a simple move. Still, funny stuff.

I don't really care if Angle used a Cutter or Orton used the Angle Slam. People used other wrestlers finishers all the time like CM Punk does the GTS also a finisher of a wrestler that is not retired Kenta. Edge used the spear the same time rhyno used the gore and the same time as Goldberg used it. so yeah people used the same finisher all the time. so really I just don't care Kurt needs to keep his mouth shut and just focus on his career.

Good I am glad he did it. Orton is nothing but a crybaby he is the reason why kofi is jobbing plus him throwing little fits in the ring which people seems to forget.

Angle is a little bitch. He should stop whinning about little things. I hope Orton retaliates on twitter. Angle cant hold a candle to Orton now.

Angle is a little bitch. He should stop whinning about little things. I hope Orton retaliates on twitter. Angle cant hold a candle to Orton now.

First of all ... Orton is absolutely worthless. Can you remember the last time he had a great match? Neither can I.

As far as Orton retaliating on Twitter, I'm pretty positive that wrestlers should STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM TWITTER. Seriously, I never knew some of those guys were such little bitches. Angle says something, then Orton jumps on him and then CM Punk chimes out of nowhere and it's like one big pinchfight between schoolgirls. Horrible. Grown men? Doubt it.

First of all ... Orton is absolutely worthless. Can you remember the last time he had a great match? Neither can I.

As far as Orton retaliating on Twitter, I'm pretty positive that wrestlers should STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM TWITTER. Seriously, I never knew some of those guys were such little bitches. Angle says something, then Orton jumps on him and then CM Punk chimes out of nowhere and it's like one big pinchfight between schoolgirls. Horrible. Grown men? Doubt it.

Social media blows everything out of proportion now. Angle has done some silly things, but most people respect the guy.

Offtopic somewhat, but this was a big reason why you never heard anything bad about Edge. He's a nice guy and he keep to himself and only tells people close to him what he's really feeling. Some wrestlers shouldn't be broadcasting what they're thinking. It's a recipe for disaster.

I love it!!!!!!
But obviously he lied about his twitter being hacked.

But damn that was awesome, and theres nothing RKO can do, in a real fight Kurt would beat the living shit out of Orton

Kurt does Change his damn mind alot. Off topic, i believe Orton would belt the living shit outa him in a real brawl/fight.

In 10 years, people will remember Angle half for his career, and half for how he's tarnishing it with DUI, and petty things like this.
If he had just done a poke at Randy by doing this move, fine, but he fact he's spent the last couple months berating Orton for stealing moves, then to turn around and do it from spite, just shows that his self-respect, and honor is gone.
Twitters seem to bring out the characters true personalities, and Angle is one of the great characters that comes out weaker when his true self is on display.

Side note, botching it made it worse.

Kurt does Change his damn mind alot. Off topic, i believe Orton would belt the living shit outa him in a real brawl/fight.

No chance in hell, Angle even after all his neck injuries was highly sought after by UFC for many years. UFC would never want Orton. Angle would drop Orton like nothing.

Maybe. If Angle had his painkillers he could take Orton.

But you'd have to believe with all his injuries he'd fail to accomplish beating someone in the prime of his life..

Should not matter about Orton, thing is.. Angle is a has been. He was on top of the world at one point and now he is simply a has been. His out-of-ring antics are embarrassing.

Angle needs to get a handle on himself, if pills made him quiet before and he's not on them anymore, shove them down his throat... Or vice versa, if he's a pill poppin' addict, get this man treatment.

Either way, I liked him better five years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back