• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle Will Miss Lockdown Due to Knee Injury

FitFinlay4Life

What's the craic?
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/458641-kurt-angle-injury-miss-lockdown

Who will EC3 face in his absence and why?

Ethan appears to be going after the veterans (Sting and now Angle), so on that train of thought, could we see Abyss make an earlier reappearance? Will we see the battle of the initials and have EY step up? Could Tommy Dreamer fill the breach? Could Bully Ray (gulp) turn?

You have to imagine that this bout would have been allocated a good amount of time, so logic would dictate that there will be someone stepping up. How'd y'all book this (and for extra brownie points, how'd you carry on Mr Carter's storyline)?

Bit of a shame that Angle will have to miss Lockdown. But at the same time, it's good that he's having surgery. Poor guy's beat up and needs a break.

On topic, though, I'm not really sure who will replace Kurt. I hope it's not a Bully Ray turning face. Dreamer could certainly fill the spot. The two did face each other in the past at a house in Philly and, correct me I'm wrong, one of the One Night Only ppv's.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it being EY. He's hugely over right now and a big match at Lockdown would be good for him. Other than that, I don't know who it could be, but I'll say EY. He isn't doing anything else and I can't see Abyss coming back just yet, so give EY to EC3 at Lockdown. Plus, he's a TNA veteran.

I would expect that this prolongs the ECIII/Angle feud by giving Carter more fuel to claim he has taken out Angle, so I would anticipate that their encounter will be pushed back to Sacrifice.

As a result, it seems that Carter needs to win here to keep his strength and maintain his momentum. With that in mind, I expect that EY will step up and do the job here in Kurt's place. Young will be in Miami, as he has been announced to be part of the fan interaction this weekend, and as the only face without a scheduled match on the card he seems to be the most likely fill-in.

Another possibility could be Hardy pulling double-duty and facing Carter under the Willow mask, while not wearing the mask during Lethal Lockdown, but I doubt that is the choice they make for two reasons:

First, as I had stated, I expect Carter to win against whoever he faces Sunday to continue to build toward an encounter with Angle, and I can't see TNA instantly jobbing Willow. And second- I know a lot of people seem to think that TNA will go ahead with the Willow character as a separate entity from Hardy in the vein of Joesph/Abyss, or Daniels/Curry Man, but I don't think they will. Just like we see TJ Perkins face and know he is Manik, I think it will just be assumed that everyone knows Willow is Hardy and Willow will be the only version of Hardy we get upon his return. The charcter shows a portion of Hardy's face and some of his tattoos(his vines stretching to his hands most notably) prominently enough that TNA doesn't appear to care to conceal the fact that Willow is Jeff. With that said, I think "Willow" will have his debut in Hardy's spot in Lethal Lockdown.

I was looking forward to this match as I think TNA had set it up nicely & ECIII has been getting pushed, EY will probably step in, Angle not wrestling is probably why they've added Manik vs Tigre Uno as they've some time to fill.

As much as Kurt Angle as done for wrestling, I think once the surgery is done he should take some time out & really think against coming back for a while.

Hell, maybe even thinking about retiring from active competition.

He left WWE back in what 2005? and said he needed to walk away from wrestling & take some time off and re-heal old nagging injuries & to come back better that ever, then shows up in TNA less than a month later?

Then TNA doctors were going to evaluate him constantly & advise him when to take time off.

*I know, I know* I have said this before, in a topic started when he made his TNA debut.

But that was nearly 10 years ago & he's never really took that time off to re-heal, but instead keep pushing his body & constantly wrestle injured & hoping the problem will go away.

At the end of the day, even though he probably still has a lot of his earnings stashed away from his WWE days, he isnt earning that much from TNA compared the again WWE days & yes he keeps going to entertain the fans.

But what comfort will that bring if he comes back too soon & he ends up in a wheelchair or even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back