• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle Says WWE Held Him Back

Wall_of_Jericho

Break Me Down.
Kurt Angle Says WWE Held Him Back, Talks Future In TNA Wrestling
09/25/2006 by Matthew Boone

The following are comments from TNA president Dixie Carter on the signing of Kurt Angle:

“First, let me say to our talent and our staff, congratulations on our move to primetime. Each of you have worked so hard for this and deserve all the great things that will come with the move. To our fans, none of us would be here without you. Your belief in our product has made all of this possible, and from all of us, thank you. This is just the beginning. I hope the hype of our announcements last night lived up to or exceeded your expectations. In this industry, it is very hard to keep anything quiet. We are thrilled to have Kurt Angle join our team. Just like with all of our wrestlers, Kurt’s family and health will always come first. I’m sure you will be hearing from him in the coming weeks. I asked Kurt’s agent to provide me with a quote for our announcement release. Most times a publicist, manager or agent will prepare a statement for the talent. But after a long film shoot in Nashville last week that ended at midnight, Kurt sat down and hand wrote his heartfelt comments on a hotel note pad. Instead of just pulling a small part from that to use in the press release, I thought his fans would love to share in his full emotions from that night:

Here are the comments from Kurt Angle on joining TNA Wrestling:

“Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being a part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is not only on the rise • not only going to be the number-one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time • but TNA gives me an opportunity to spread my wings. This company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the “real” back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don’t feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do • real wrestling • and that’s what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It’s only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being a part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That’s real…that’s damn real.” • Kurt Angle

Sorry about that, just found some of the stuff he was saying to be quite crazy, although it doesn't surprise me, most people always wait till they leave a company then lash out at how they hated it.

Man him and The Rock are both the same, they both pretty much wiped their asses with the hand that fed them. I mean seriously Rock and Kurt would be nobody without the WWE/F. What a bunch of douchebags.

I cant believe Angle would say that shit. How dare he say WWE held him back. In his first year he held pretty much all the titles he could hold at that time. He was the 2000 king of the ring, IC and European champion at the same time, then at No Mercy he wins the WWE(F) championship. Holds it all the way untill No Way Out 2001. Then has classic matches with Benoit at X-Seven and Backlash. Had great matches with Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Edge, Eddie, Rey etc... He held the championship 6 times. By saying he was held back he just spit in the face of everyone he worked with.

I have lost a lot of respect for Angle. Screw Kurt Angle.

And the fact he says he never felt happy at any time.

Also anyone remember Unforgiven 2001? 2 weeks after 9/11 and Angle being the "American Hero" beats Stone Cold and becomes WWE Champion. Anyone remember the celebrations that followed that match? How can he say he was NOT happy with that! It was an amazing scene, like something out of Rocky when all his family came in the ring and lifted him on their shoulders. All the crowd chanting "U S A!!"

That is still one of my most memorable WWE moments due to the circumstances.

Wtf Angle Is A Fucked Up Clear Your Mind With That Shit Wwe Made You Who You Are Today They Made U Seriously One Of Their Best For 6 Fucking Years And To Go On And Say That Thats Fuckin Wack

Man Kurt really hit the shit list with me from those comments. thought i would never say this but now i'm glad he never got his hands on the ECW Title off the Big Show, think that & maybe the Hardcore Title's the only ones he hasn't held. makes u wonder if he woulda stayed if he had that title, greedy bastard u know it won't be long before he's the NWA champ.

yeah evryone does lose it back to jarret it gets kinda annoying
ive got two words for ya kurt fuck off

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Angle's TNA contract is not an exclusive deal, which will allow him to seek MMA matches, which seems to be the plan for Angle's camp.

Could be what he mean't by holding him back some but not from how Angle describes, if he wasn't happy he shoulda left earlier.

if he never felt happy why the fuck would he use wwe wwe treated him great and he didnt fell happy bastard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back