Would WWE be interested in a Kurt Angle Return?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
Kurt Angle is the only wrestler in history to be a Triple Crown winner in both WWE and TNA. He is the first man to have held the WWE, WCW, TNA, IWGP, and World Heavyweight Championships in his career. Angle is also a two-time King of the Mountain winner, winning at the 2007 and 2009 Slammiversary PPV event, making him the only wrestler to have been both King of the Ring (WWE) and King of the Mountain (TNA). Between WWE, TNA, and Japan, Angle has won 12 World Championships and 20 total championships. In 2010 the Wrestling Observer Newsletter named Angle the Wrestler of the Decade of the 2000s, and in 2013 he became the second inductee into the TNA Hall of Fame.

Not to mention Kurt Angle is the only olympic gold medalist in pro wrestling!

Kurt has did a lot in impact wrestling, it may actually be shocking to know, but kurt has actually been in tna longer than he was in the wwe, which i think is cool! but Kurt need's to step away from tna, kurt is getting older and older, there's a lot more to do for kurt angle at his age in the wwe, he could feud with some bigger wrestlers the feud's i wanna see from kurt is endless, there's no doubt in my mind that i would love to see kurt in wwe again,

So the 1st question is are you interested in seeing kurt return to wwe?

And the 2nd question is, is the wwe interested in bringing back kurt to the wwe?

Just a few note's about kurt angle and the wwe,
Kurt has openly said that he want's to retire in the wwe, and that he want's to have feud's with some guy's in the wwe, So clearly kurt is open to a return to the wwe.

No I don't think they would be. He is 44 years of age turning 45 in December IMO he's too damn old and I don't think he's the type that could a draw number like a Brock Lesnar or The Rock who are both part time acts on the roster. He is not the most reliable of dudes either, lets face it since his time in TNA he has had his share of issues.

If WWE were interested in Kurt Angle, Kurt Angle would be in WWE. C'mon, he didn't choose TNA. TNA was his only real option when WWE released him. And they've been very good to him as well.

He's just come out of rehab. WWE aren't touching him. Which is a shame because I think with a limited schedule Angle could be way more important to WWE than a part-timer like Jericho. And he'd actually put talent over properly.

quick answer: of course they would. I for one would KILL for a kurt vs lesnar rematch, kurt vs bryan, kurt vs takers streak..... and for the fans , maybe a return to some REAL wrassslin!

Angle has proven to be a serious wildcard. With the DUI's and outrageous comments in the press and on the internet he may be a bit too risky for the WWE. With that said I'm sure he'll be a HOFer someday, but as for being rehired I just don't see it.

If WWE were interested in Kurt Angle, Kurt Angle would be in WWE. C'mon, he didn't choose TNA. TNA was his only real option when WWE released him. And they've been very good to him as well.

He's just come out of rehab. WWE aren't touching him. Which is a shame because I think with a limited schedule Angle could be way more important to WWE than a part-timer like Jericho. And he'd actually put talent over properly.

I was waiting for this response, I knew it was coming

If Kurt Angle was interested in working for WWE, he'd be in WWE. TNA treats him well, that's why he's still there. The fact is he choose TNA. TNA wasn't the only option for Kurt when he ASKED for his release, it was the best one for him. He could have worked, and has worked, anywhere worth mentioning that is still in business today.

Fresh out of rehab, the WWE would sign him up faster than TNA did back in 2006. Oh it's true, it's damn true.

Angle has proven to be a serious wildcard. With the DUI's and outrageous comments in the press and on the internet he may be a bit too risky for the WWE. With that said I'm sure he'll be a HOFer someday, but as for being rehired I just don't see it.

Exactly my thoughts.WWE cares for their "new" found sponsor money and wouldn't want to risk it by bringing back a big name and have him potentially fucking up.

Me personally, I would very much like to have Kurt in a part time deal here as I think he still has gas in the tank and can put on some seriously awesome matches with young guys and put them over.

I think him and D.Bry can have some good promos talking about "You call yourself a wrestler while the only thing these people like about you is your stupid Yes chant" and the sickness that will insue in the ring would be unparalled.

A year ago, I probably would have said yes but, now, I'm not so sure. I'm actually leaning more towards no.

Nobody can deny Kurt Angle's talent or his passion to be in the ring. The problems are that Kurt is getting older, he's not what he used to be physically and his behavior since his time in TNA has been pretty erratic. There are different sides to the story. Angle's side is that he needed time off in order to rest up as he was working hurt and asked for his release because he didn't get it. WWE's side is that Angle's behavior and reported addiction to pain killers was becoming troubling. Allegedly, WWE wanted him to get treatment, he refused, so they let him go. Either story is plausible and either story could be an absolute crock. This was pre-Benoit tragedy and, as we all know, WWE, like any other wrestling company, tended to look the other way if wrestlers were doing things they shouldn't be doing as long as it didn't affect the product. On the other hand, Kurt Angle is a huge mark for himself with a macho mindset. If he was addicted to pain killers then, like so many others with an addiction, he may have flat out refused to acknowledge his problem.

Since going to TNA, however, Angle's definitely had problems. If I'm not mistaken, Angle's been arrested 6 times in the past four years for DUI with TNA, seemingly, looking the other way whether it pertains to issues with addiction, legal troubles or negative behavior backstage. In the years since the Chris Benoit murder/suicide, WWE has maintained a very tight grip on its wrestlers partially due to wanting to maintain a certain image, partially due to wanting to keep that sponsor money rolling in and partially due to Vince not wanting to be made into Congress' collective bitch by having control of WWE essentially taken away from him and having it regulated by the government.

That's not to say that WWE wouldn't be interested though. The rehab program Angle completed was paid for by WWE, so there's either potential interest him in coming back in some way at some point, there's no hard feelings between him & WWE management, maybe a little bit of both. However, it's probably a safer move on WWE's part not to bring Angle back. As I said, Angle is pretty macho minded and tends to do things his own way regardless of whether or not it's the "right thing" professionally or personally.

No I don't think they would be. He is 44 years of age turning 45 in December IMO he's too damn old and I don't think he's the type that could a draw number like a Brock Lesnar or The Rock who are both part time acts on the roster. He is not the most reliable of dudes either, lets face it since his time in TNA he has had his share of issues.

Him being at 44 means nothing cause hes still capable to put on quality matches, of course compare to his prime thats nothing. Hes probably one of the very few guy capable in his 40s wrestling full time and still deliver it in the ring.

Hes not gonna draw numbers similar to brock or rock but his still household name in the E. And wwe doesnt have many household name in wwe i can tell you that.

A year ago, I probably would have said yes but, now, I'm not so sure. I'm actually leaning more towards no.

Nobody can deny Kurt Angle's talent or his passion to be in the ring. The problems are that Kurt is getting older, he's not what he used to be physically and his behavior since his time in TNA has been pretty erratic. There are different sides to the story. Angle's side is that he needed time off in order to rest up as he was working hurt and asked for his release because he didn't get it. WWE's side is that Angle's behavior and reported addiction to pain killers was becoming troubling. Allegedly, WWE wanted him to get treatment, he refused, so they let him go. Either story is plausible and either story could be an absolute crock. This was pre-Benoit tragedy and, as we all know, WWE, like any other wrestling company, tended to look the other way if wrestlers were doing things they shouldn't be doing as long as it didn't affect the product. On the other hand, Kurt Angle is a huge mark for himself with a macho mindset. If he was addicted to pain killers then, like so many others with an addiction, he may have flat out refused to acknowledge his problem.

Since going to TNA, however, Angle's definitely had problems. If I'm not mistaken, Angle's been arrested 6 times in the past four years for DUI with TNA, seemingly, looking the other way whether it pertains to issues with addiction, legal troubles or negative behavior backstage. In the years since the Chris Benoit murder/suicide, WWE has maintained a very tight grip on its wrestlers partially due to wanting to maintain a certain image, partially due to wanting to keep that sponsor money rolling in and partially due to Vince not wanting to be made into Congress' collective bitch by having control of WWE essentially taken away from him and having it regulated by the government.

That's not to say that WWE wouldn't be interested though. The rehab program Angle completed was paid for by WWE, so there's either potential interest him in coming back in some way at some point, there's no hard feelings between him & WWE management, maybe a little bit of both. However, it's probably a safer move on WWE's part not to bring Angle back. As I said, Angle is pretty macho minded and tends to do things his own way regardless of whether or not it's the "right thing" professionally or personally.

As far as his DUI goes. Well all i know is RVD was rehired, Jack swagger wrestled at mania despite of his DUI and wwe lacks main event talent. I dont think theres enough risk to not hire kurt angle on part time. Theres too much money on the table.

As far as his DUI goes. Well all i know is RVD was rehired, Jack swagger wrestled at mania despite of his DUI and wwe lacks main event talent. I dont think theres enough risk to not hire kurt angle on part time. Theres too much money on the table.

But Angle has had more DI arrests than both RVD & Swagger combined and plus a few more. It also took him 6 and a half years to go into rehab, which is apparently what WWE wanted in 2006 and this is on a lighter TNA schedule.

Also, Angle's drawing power is debatable. He'll get a reaction, naturally. But is he going to make a difference to Royal Rumble/SummerSlam/Survivor Series/WrestleMania numbers? I don't think so.

Kurt angle did choose tna, kurt was worn out, and asked for a release wwe granted him that, then kurt went to tna!
wwe would bring angle back! you people said the same thing about rvd, and christian. well look their back in the wwe, i don't know why all the hate on angle, swagger was dui, rey is always on drug's, rey is on drug's and one of the uso's where arrested for dui. and their getting a push now.

I would love it if Kurt came back, just think of the feuds he could have with Bryan, Del Rio, Punk, Swagger, Christian and 1 more epic Wrestlemania match with Brock. Angle is too big a name for the WWE to not bring back if he is willing to come. He won't be able to draw as much as The Rock but he can certainly draw more than Lesnar. Lesnar's return has been underwhelming because of his loss to HHH at WM29 which really made him look weak even though he won the feud 2-1 and he's no longer the draw he was last year even though his matches have been good. Even at this age Angle is probably as good as Lesnar in the ring and has always been far better than Lesnar on the mic and in promos. I think Angle deserves one more WWE Championship reign before he retires. To those who claim WWE released Angle because of his addiction or whatever that's not true, Angle asked them to let him go because he was overworked. There are interviews of that on Youtube.

I would definitely want to see Angle back in the WWE. He is still one of the best in-ring competitors of all time and someone would be foolish to not want to see him against the likes of Punk, Bryan even Axel or Ziggler. Angle puts on 5 star matches for fun and bringing him back would make sense.

If the WWE are interested is complete different. They would have to take his drink problems into account - is he reliable for example. I would think that having Angle on the roster can only be a good thing. He is someone who was/is popular, incredible in the ring and a big name. While he won't bring in buys like Brock or The Rock he would put on better matches then The Rock and would work a more full schedule then Lesnar. He could put over some names and would improve the buyrate. It would definitely be worth them bringing back Kurt Angle.

I would love it if Kurt came back, just think of the feuds he could have with Bryan, Del Rio, Punk, Swagger, Christian and 1 more epic Wrestlemania match with Brock. Angle is too big a name for the WWE to not bring back if he is willing to come. He won't be able to draw as much as The Rock but he can certainly draw more than Lesnar. Lesnar's return has been underwhelming because of his loss to HHH at WM29 which really made him look weak even though he won the feud 2-1 and he's no longer the draw he was last year even though his matches have been good. Even at this age Angle is probably as good as Lesnar in the ring and has always been far better than Lesnar on the mic and in promos. I think Angle deserves one more WWE Championship reign before he retires. To those who claim WWE released Angle because of his addiction or whatever that's not true, Angle asked them to let him go because he was overworked. There are interviews of that on Youtube.

I know right and imagine if Angle did come back he could even have a renewed rivalry with Cena, or a rivalry with The Best in the World CM Punk but definitely Angle/Bryan would be my dream feud or Angle renewing a rivalry even with Randy Orton or even Big Show for that matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back