• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kiyoshi: TNA's Most Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
I bet most of you thought I was going to put Cody Deaner instead. I'm not because at least Deaner actually wrestles and is in a storyline, if you can call it that, with ODB. Our resident Japanese friend hasn't wrestled in forever and serves no purpose in the World Elite other than because he is Japanese. I feel he is the weak, weak, weak link and should be kicked out or replaced. The Main Event Mafia has Knockouts in their stable so why shouldn't W.E. I would replace Kiyoshi with Hamada as she is good in the ring and actually does something instead of stand around and act like Great Muta. I think this would work.

So do you think Kiyoshi is the most useless person in TNA and should be kicked to the curb or do you want him to stay for some unknown reason?

I agree that Kiyoshi either needs to get involved (actually be in a match rather than stand at ringside) or just go away. My idea is that if they want to play the Japanese role in WE they should bring back No Limit. I mean they started appearing right around the time Kiyoshi was starting to be used and then it seemed like they kind of disappeared outta nowhere (unless I missed that impact..which is a possibility.) But anyway my point is either use Kiyoshi in matches or get rid of him because as it stands he is of no use to TNA other than representing Japan in the WE.

Yea i agree with you thier.
I just hope Tna gets him at least 1 storyline just so he dosnt lose all his "so called" Pride Before getting kicked out

He's at least remotely relevant because of World Elite. I'm not saying he's a star, but what about Jesse Neal? At least World Elite is a top storyline. Jesse Neal was in a storyline with Rhyno, who most forgot was on the roster, and is now picked up to be nurtured by 3D. But I'm waiting for something to happen with Kiyoshi. Nothing probably will and he'll be gone, but Jesse Neal is in his realm.

At the moment, where the hell are Lethal and Consequences Creed? They're not even on television, and should render them useless.

He has some relevance since he is like back up to sheik bashir. Usless in TNA has to be Sharkboy since he is useless has he done anything but unfuny comedy in the last three years. I have to disagree and say Sharkboy is worthless since all he has done was chase OBD's boobies, lol.

Yeah he's pretty useless but I see why TNA keeps him. He's just used to make the Elite look stronger or bigger and can be easily jobbed out(along with Bashir). It seems like the British blokes and Eric Young have TNA's backing, so having guys like Sheik & Kiyoshi in the elite keeps the more important guys away from mindless jobbing.

And like I said, he's a filler. Probably isn't costing TNA alot and helps make the Elite seem stronger than they really are. I don't think he has any kind of future in TNA, he doesn't seem to have the charisma of a guy like Tajiri. So I don't mind seeing him fill up the jobber role in the World Elite. Useless though? Probably.

I love TNA, but Kyoshi is a prime example of their problem. They bring him in, give him no push what so ever, I'm struggling to remember him in more than two or three matches, and once world elite splits, he will moist likely be sent packing. Why bother...............

If you knew you where going to form World Elite, why not keep hold of Petey Williams and or Sonjay Dutt who could have added some real X-division prestige to world elite, instead of bringing in a random Japanese jobber.

The sad thing is, given a manager (because it looks like he cant speak English yet), and a decent push, he probs could get over pretty well in the x division, going for a similar run to Tajiri in WWE.

At least Kiyoshi can wrestle ok.

Rob Terry is awful, ok he looks great and is juiced up to death but he can't even be trusted in a PPV caliber match as he just can't wrestle at all. His offence is sloppy and looks very fake and ineffective, he doesn't know how to sell and god forbid if he ever gets on the mic with his welsh accent!

No wonder WWE binned him sharpish, If the British Invasion is still around when Burchill is eventually future endevoured he would be perfect to replace Terry.

Kiyoshi, like alot of the X division guys are just lost because there isn't alot of airtime to fit everyone in. He may have potential, but the only time he's on tv is when WE comes out as a group.

I think they are setting up a program with him and Bashir with the Guns. Sabin mentioned him by name during a promo he and Shelly cut on one of the TNA webshows. A program between those two teams has potential and would give both teams much needed facetime.

Another thing, from what I understand Kiyoshi was a big deal in Japan. Perhaps, similar to the Great Khali, they keep him around as more of an international promotion tool. Khali is a God in India, and I'm not saying Kiyoshi is his equivalent in Japan, but it's still global exposure that TNA is probably striving for.

TNA wasted Sonjay Dutt too. He was kept around only to appease the Indian audience, was phenomenal in the ring and let go... He'd be perfect in the WE now.

I remember the several promos hyping up Kiyoshi's debut in TNA. "Trained with the Great Muta, hard worker in the ring, etc. etc." So I was looking forward to seeing him wrestle. Since his debut he's had a couple decent matches and that was it. Then comes this World Elite angle, and he doesn't do shit other than stand like an extra during WE promos and the occassional run-in. Another case of wasted talent.

Kiyoshi actually reminds me of an episode of Simpsons where Fat Tony and his crew fought the Yakuza. Homer notices a Yakuza member in white just standing there watching the brawl. He then says "But Marge, that little guy hasn't done anything yet. Look at him, he's gonna do something and you know its gonna be good."

I would have to go with Jay Lethal. You know it really bugs me how TNA has this rotation of who's "in" and who "isn't in" anymore. One minute Jay Lethal is having a hell of a match against Kurt Angle in which he wins and than he isn't on TV or when he is on tv, he's jobbing. Lethal deserves better. His character is Over with the fans. Maybe its Creed that's holding him back now? I dunno. I just know Lethal should be on TNA Broadcasts weekly and not jobbing all the time...

Another thing, from what I understand Kiyoshi was a big deal in Japan. Perhaps, similar to the Great Khali, they keep him around as more of an international promotion tool. Khali is a God in India, and I'm not saying Kiyoshi is his equivalent in Japan, but it's still global exposure that TNA is probably striving for.

I'm not sure who's been spreading this BS but this is way way way wrong. Kiyoshi was not a big deal in Japan. He's Akira Raijin, he was slowly making his way up the card in All Japan before he left for TNA. He was far from a big deal. TNA has limited coverage in Japan.

For what it's worth, Kiyoshi is going to have a tag match soon in Japan with the Great Muta as his partner. I think Mutoh might like to see his students working the gimmick as Kazushi Miyamoto was previously The Great Kazushi.

I have seen Kiyoshi wrestle in TNA against other resident contractors & have to say that it suprises me why he is still with the company. He has no purpose other than making the W.E. that much more "powerful" as strength is in numbers as because he isn't an American. His wrestling style does not do any justice or adds to anything in TNA's high-impact fast-paced wrestling styles of the midcard nor is his tag team skills impressive. He would make a great addition to the Main Event scene with his wrestling abilities, but the fans would need a LOT of convincing to get him there.

I believe that he should be given his release & find somewhere else to show his crafts. He would make a bigger difference in WWE than he ever will in TNA all because of his wrestling style.

Kiyoshi actually reminds me of an episode of Simpsons where Fat Tony and his crew fought the Yakuza. Homer notices a Yakuza member in white just standing there watching the brawl. He then says "But Marge, that little guy hasn't done anything yet. Look at him, he's gonna do something and you know its gonna be good."

i think you put it the best way. he's just there. that's his job right now is to stand around and do nothing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back