King Mabel Could've Been WWF Champion

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.
Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of theScore Television Network interviewed former WWE Superstar Nelson Frazier, who portrayed Mabel and Viscera. Highlights:

Claiming he is likely for a future RAW or RAW 1,000

His entry into WWE and how he originally thought "Men on a Mission" was a rib

How Oscar got introduced to the team

Becoming King Mabel and where he ranks that King reign vs others

Was King Mabel ever slated to win the WWE championship at Summerslam 1995:
"Actually Vince was leaning towards me (to win the WWE title) but if anyone knows about the Clique they can change things around and that's what happened. The finish was changed. Yeah, Vince was really leaning towards me but you can't stop the powers that be."

How "Vis-agra" was created:
I was working with Hurricane Helms in Europe and Dean Malenko was our road agent. I used to do an amateur wrestling floatover on him and Dean just jokingly said 'why don't you throw in a couple pelvic thrusts when you do that' and I said 'are you serious?'. So I gave it a try and the people just exploded."

Assuming it's true(and knowing Vince, it certainly could be), I never thought I'd be so happy to hear that The Kliq held someone down.

Personally, I never thought Mabel was that bad. I thought he moved reasonably well for such an immense man. I could have lived without his shirtless period, but earlier on, I thought he was OK. Obviously not a mat technician, but none of the big men are. He was certainly as good as Khali has been , and he's held a title.

I very seriously doubt that Mabel was ever considered for a world title run. Funny how many people say they were about to get a title run if not for Hogan, Michaels, Triple H, etc. Nobody ever thinks that Vince himself is the bullshitter. How many times does your boss tell you something to make you happy but then something else happens. Vince might have told Mabel that he was considering him for the title to make him happy but there was probably never any serious consideration. Of course Mabel exxagerates the conversation to what he wanted to hear.

I very seriously doubt that Mabel was ever considered for a world title run. Funny how many people say they were about to get a title run if not for Hogan, Michaels, Triple H, etc. Nobody ever thinks that Vince himself is the bullshitter. How many times does your boss tell you something to make you happy but then something else happens. Vince might have told Mabel that he was considering him for the title to make him happy but there was probably never any serious consideration. Of course Mabel exxagerates the conversation to what he wanted to hear.

Mabel's about the same as Yokozuna and he got a title run.

So true. Everyone remembers the past more how they wanted it to be than how it really was. I'm not surprised by what Mable said and I doubt he ever would've been champion.

Just because Yoko didn't talk, doesn't mean he couldn't talk, either. His gimmick worked better if he had someone like Jim Cornette do the talking for him, but (from what I've seen) Yoko wasn't bad on the mic.

So Dean Malenko was to blame for the beginning of the Visc-agra angle worse part is that was still better than The Big Daddy V angle.

I would of have Sid or Owen to win the belt if they decided to take the belt off Diesel. Sid was very popular with the fans, Owen came off a great feud with Bret. I dont think Vince would of gotten the belt of Diesel for Mable. If he wanted the belt off Diesel, he would of chose somebody better then Mable.

Yeah Vince probably said something like "Sure you'll get the belt when hell freezes over, now get the hell outta mah office." Then Mabel skipped down the hallways saying "Woohooo I'm getting a championship." Afterward Vince facepalmed. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back