Kevin Rudolf and other celebrity performances

navyveteran

Dark Match Winner
Okay, watching the "concert" that was put on at Summerslam easily could put anyone to sleep. The song was very bland, even the hype man couldn't get the crowd into it. The only cheer was when the song was over. I know I've seen plenty of people complain about different musical performances but this was pure garbage. I don't remember the WWE always using so much terrible "talent" (and I use that word loosely) before when it came to musical performances. HHH has had Motorhead perform his intro before. So I know they have access to actual talent, but what stops them from using them. Neither performer at Wrestlemania was really relevant in a music... Yes I know Flo Rida has a few hits out here and there but no one regards him as being worth anything.

My question is this... why the terrible dip in the talent the WWE selects to bring in? I don't believe the PG era is to blame because music can be edited and altered to fit the PG genre.

Kevin Rudolf has an amazing album. Sometimes it just doesnt come off that good live. His mic was way to tall for him and his guitar was not even getting any sound. Whoever was in charge of mic check should be fired.

And btw , Motorhead SUCKED during that performance

Terrible product, terrible music. It's all going downhill for the world of professional wrestling it seems. Maybe pro wrestling will go into a dark age until people start missing it. I could see it happening.

That concert part was awful, even for today's standards. The divas tried to liven it up but they just looked like a bunch of second-rate pole dancers.

I think the whole product needs an overhaul if the WWE wants to keep their adult audience. Nothing seems well thought out anymore. Weak story lines, weak talent booked like tonight. But nothing will change unless the WWE fans send a message loud and clear to Vince by not buying the product. The only way to get Vince to hear us is to hit him where it hurts, in the wallet. Until them we will continue to get this watered down, generic crap, that the WWE passes off as "entertainment".

I for one will probably not be buying anymore PPV's until the Rumble because I really don't think anything worth while is gonna happen.

Did WWE forget that it was a wrestling Pay Per View? We're seeing too many celebrities come in lately. The concert came over on TV horribly, really slowed down the very anti-climatic PPV as it was. Need to stick to wrestling. Over all... Pay Per View 2/5 stars.

Kevin Rudolf has an amazing album. Sometimes it just doesnt come off that good live. His mic was way to tall for him and his guitar was not even getting any sound. Whoever was in charge of mic check should be fired.

And btw , Motorhead SUCKED during that performance

Motorhead's worst performance is better than anything coming from Kevin Rudolf. That song of Kevin's is horrible, the studio version and the live performance. I doubt he has anything "amazing." I'd rather see a Linkin Park performance than hear anything by Kevin Rudolf ever again, and I hate Linkin Park.

Who cares? It's less than 2% of the show. It's not a concert, it is one song. The point of it is to bring things down for a moment before we jump to the main event. If you don't like it, plan your bathroom break or call someone you miss around it. If you don't like the wrestling or storylines that is one thing, if you are taking the time to bitch about the music then maybe you are just becoming my dead grandpa. All music starts to suck as you get older.

Plus it was good to see Rosa again.

I was there live, and it did not come off well at all. First of all they hyped that he was singing right after Santino's match to the live crowd and the entire place booed. When he finished his set the entire place booed. I am all for live performances at a WWE show, but timing and the person performing are key. How is this guy going on after an awesome WWE Championship match? He should've gone on after the Daniel Bryan vs. Kane match. If an act is going to perform near or during the main event, it should have something to do with the main event entrances. That act took the air out of the place and Brock vs. HHH was a low blow that finished the job and took a really good night and ended it on a dud.

I think music is important in wrestling. Look back at WM 17 The Limp Bizkit song my way got me so pumped for the Austin Rock match that year. The crap they have now for Raw and ppvs just plain SUCK!!! Give me more ROCK and less pop for wrestling. I would have gotten more excited for the HHH Lesnar match if they had some AC/DC, Metallica, Killswitch Engage, Sevendust, Just anything besides these HORRIBLE songs.

Really? The concert wasn't as bad as people make it out to seem. I had no problem with it on the show and I don't see why it is such a big deal. WWE wasn't forcing you to watch it, you could of easily done something else. (Like listen to music you do like) The pay-per-view was pretty good and I don't think a 4 minute performance hindered the quality of it.

I think musical performances/celebrity's are good if the performer understands why he's there. WWE fancies themselves an entertainment group.

Though in my opinion, it would of been much better had Del Rio/Sheamus opened up the show - Vickie does the excuse me - Del Rio holding Sheamus - Ziggler smashes Del Rio with the briefcase. Then Wade Barrett's music hits and Barrett down and destroys Sheamus. Ziggler in and becomes world heavyweight champion.

Then defends vs. Jericho later in the show - loser leaves town. Jericho loses...

THEN.... FOZZY is booked tomorrow night for Ziggler's championship celebration and it's ZIGGLER dressed as MONGOOSE MCQUEEN singing about how much Jericho sucks.

LOL

I think music is important in wrestling. Look back at WM 17 The Limp Bizkit song my way got me so pumped for the Austin Rock match that year. The crap they have now for Raw and ppvs just plain SUCK!!! Give me more ROCK and less pop for wrestling. I would have gotten more excited for the HHH Lesnar match if they had some AC/DC, Metallica, Killswitch Engage, Sevendust, Just anything besides these HORRIBLE songs.

I agree but don't we can't forget that "My Way" was very appropriate for the way Austin and Rock both thought "Ima do things my way it's my way or the highway" plus it had an awesome rhythm that people could get behind. Even Kid Rock got a better response than Rudolf and that's sayin something since they both used the Divas. Music is important when done the right way. Another example to go along with what you were saying was:
Saliva for the HHH/Jericho WM Main Event.
This musical number that Rudolf put together though, was just terrible. But again it wasn't all his fault. His guitar was clearly not properly wired as no sound was coming off during his "solo". It also boils down to the fact that the crowds just keep getting worse and worse as well. Guarantee you, if the crowd had been jumpin and bumpin and screaming and cheering and singing along thru the entire song (ECW One Night Stand when Sandman came out would be a perfect example) then this thread would be running a much different tune. So don't really blame Rudolf fully. It's the crowds fault as well :lol:

My favorite parts of the "concert" were when Justin Roberts and Michael Cole were dancing. It could have gone better. I dont listen to Rudolph enough to say if he's good or bad, but the songs I have heard I'm not a fan of. Maybe they need more recognizable names to do performances. The Flo Rida and MGK performances i didn't like either. Had the show started with the Rudolph performance, I think there would be a lot less complaints. It'd be like, alright thats done now lets wrestle. Fred Durst was there. He couldv'e done a better job than Rudolph. I've never heard anyone say "I enjoy Kevin Rudolph's music." When they have people perform, they should use someone who would be hard to complain about. Like When Aretha Franklin has sang in the past. It would be hard to say "well that Aretha Franklin performance sucked." Bottom line. Bad time in the show to perform. Not a good (I guess you could call him a) singer. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it though. The rest of SummerSlam was good enough where I wont even care or remember Kevin Rudolph being involved.

Dave Matthews Band should preform. That would be so awesome. Preferrably Belly Belly Nice from their new album. OMG, so gud!

Notice how much that wouldn't appeal to a majority of you? The problem with having a musical act that isn't like...I don't know...Paul McCartney or Prince or someone akin to them is that most musical artists do not appeal to everyone, or even a minorty of people over 20%. While I would love DMB to perform, I'm fully aware that everyone would be saying "OMG so dumb! I h8 them with a passion! Y is this Rasslin?! I Don't no wut deyre doing." There's no winning.

As someone pointed out before, Motorhead was fucking abysmal. Rage Against the Cover Band at WM XIV were terrible doing DX's theme. In fact, pretty much every musical performance ever has been not so good (America the Beautiful aside).

I'm fine with them continuing to do it, but if they stopped, it's all good.

The problem WWE has is they are relatively "cheap" when it comes to who they get to play and music in general... Originally there were rumors of it being Green Day or Metallica performing, but we get this no name guy.

A lot of artists might be more minded to play their shows if they spent money licensing their music, but we get a lot of generic pap from "house bands". Classic example is Cesaro's music, which is clearly an instrumental rip off of "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellis... now that band ain't together anymore and I can maybe see why it's not the original but why not just license the original? They were a smallish UK band and it'd have been relatively cheap.

That's why these situations will never improve. I'm amazed we've not had Living Colour live yet doing "Cult Of Personality" but maybe it's cos they suck live now.

It's harder for WWE to get big name music acts now because they just don't have the viewership that they used to. At the height of the attitude era, there were over 10 million viewers tuning in to watch wrestling. It was popular in pop culture at the time, so it made more sense for bigger names to perform because they would get noticed. Now, pro wrestling as a whole gets roughly half of that audience and is fairly irrelevant in the pop culture landscape. I think this is the main reason why you don't see big time music acts perform, or big time celebrities who aren't die-hard fans in the audience. We saw David Arquette last night, a B-list talent at best.

BTW, I agree, that Kevin Rudolph song is horrendous. I just did some work on my computer and didn't look up during the entire performance. Too bad, apparently I missed Rosa. That's all that I missed though.

I would have rather seen a U.S. Title squash match than the musical act.

Who cares? It's less than 2% of the show. It's not a concert, it is one song. The point of it is to bring things down for a moment before we jump to the main event. If you don't like it, plan your bathroom break or call someone you miss around it. If you don't like the wrestling or storylines that is one thing, if you are taking the time to bitch about the music then maybe you are just becoming my dead grandpa. All music starts to suck as you get older.

Plus it was good to see Rosa again.

I agree with this. I try to stay openminded and know that everything serves a purpose. Personally though, man that was cheesy! I just wanted it to end and even the babes were dancing in such a corny way. It hurt a little to watch and I don't say that often, lol.

I just used it as my bathroom break so I was lucky enough to see none of it. I honestly think they picked the song because he says "be a star" in the lyrics and I think that's sad if its the reason. While I am tired of them picking pop acts I could care less about there are few present day rock acts I even would like to see them use at an event.

In Vince's head, everyone would immediately jump out of their seats and start doing a ****** dance the second that noise started blaring. Vince never doubts Vince, he would probably fire himself for such an insulting gesture.

I'm all for celebrity appearances, but maybe do a little surveying if you intend to freak the fuck out of the crowd with an appaerance. I fucking hate him, but hell, hire Justin Beiber. At least then you could get some golden camera shots of pre-teen girls and fifty year old men losing their ever loving minds. I'd go get some refreshments and possibly an exorcism while he wails, and the WWE wouldn't look so fucking stupid and out of touch.

Kevin Rudolf? Who in the hell is Kevin Rudolf? That's how much of a no name this guy is. Most people have no fucking clue who this guy is let alone listen to his 'music'. What happened to the good stuff? Can you believe Disturbed once performed for WWE? Oh how far we've fallen. Hell why not Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, David Draiman and his new band Device, Van Halen, the list of artists they COULD have gotten to do this performance goes on and on and yet they choose this guy? Hell Ozzy fuckin Osbourne performed for SD! why not get him to do another song? Somebody we actually know of would probably be better than the jackass they gave us Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back