I hear voices......lets talk about theme music

With music, there are quite a few great songs:

Orton--Totally agree. Think it fits his character greatly

Gangrel--Also think this is a great theme, but sadly Gangrel wasn't used to his full potential

Hollywood Blondes--I always loved this song and it was sad to see that they gave it to, and nothing against them, Marty Jannetty

Rick Rude (WCW)--Great song to describe a great athlete

Rated RKO--Great combo of both wrestlers themes

Christian--Simply a cool song that propelled his solo career

Hogan/Warrior--Okay themes, but who hasn't marked out for these??

Mr. Ass--Theme should definitely put a smile on your face if you listen to the lyrics

Maven--Think his theme is very under-rated

I also like Lance Storm, Dreamer & Rhino from the original ECW. Despite being real songs, I thought they used these songs great!!

As an aside, I must admit that I truly hate HBK's. He's a good athlete, but his music totally blows. Same goes for Cena. Get with the times. He's had the same theme for like 3 years and it bores me every time I hear it.

Wish they would bring back Kane's old music from when he debuted. That song screamed burning inferno. I also wish that Batista had his old music back from after he got away from Evolution. As of the new themes, Orton's music is the best. And Kevin Thorn's music was cool, too bad he was released.

I've always been a big fan of Hogan's music. Every time I here it I want to jump out of my seat and be like "ZOMG it is Hulk Hogan!" Awesome music. Same goes with Bret Hart. He has always been my favorite and his music is up there as one of my favorites. Triple H's is pretty awesome, though I can't stand him. And Shawn Michaels would round out my top, as his music has stuck with him since day one and it is one of the best themes WWE has ever had.

Dlo Brown "Danger at the Door" is one of my all time favorites. Even though it's just the same lyrics repeated over and over, the song just provides that swagger.

Other favorites include The Rock, especially the slower post-Hollywood version, Jericho's "Break Down the Walls" and Benoit's "Whatever"

EDIT: Kane's "Slow Chemical" by Finger Eleven.

I think Evan Bourne for sure needs a new song...it just doesnt sound right, nor fit him. I love Christians entrance music....definitly my favorite. Finlay..I agree with you all, gotta go and QUICK! My favorite HHH entrance was "My time" kind of miss that one, but the new ones is cool, just time for a change. R Truth's drives me CRAZY...least favorite by far.

Theres only one line that sends shivers down my spine. Regardless of the time and place I'm at in my life, just this one line makes it seem like everythings going to be alright. I love it, you love it, we all love it.

OHHHHHH RADIO, TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!

Woo Woo Woo, You know it! Zack Ryder's music is easily the best music bar none in the wrestling business today.

Beer Moneys original one was good too, until they gayed it up. Thank heaps Dale Oliver.

stone cold - everytime you heard the glass shatter, you knew someone was about to get there ass whooped

triple h "my time" was awesome, fits his heel character perfectly, getting a lil sick of the time to play the game one

john cena, "basic thuganomics" was awesome, "my time is now" is alright, but getting a lil stale, hope he swtiches that up soon

finaly DEFINATLY needs to go back to his "my name is finaly and i love to fight" theme right now, his theme suits a kids parade float for leprachauns

shane mcmahon "here comes the money" cant help but bob my head to it lol, and the dance wrist swinging is hilarious

tazz had a good theme too, not sure why i liked it tho lol

I don't actually get hyped for theme music but some of it is actually good to listen to on the fly.
Jeff Hardy, RVD, CM Punk, Cena's old theme, Zach Gowen (out of my way-seether), Orton's old "burn in my light" theme and surprisingly Cryme Time's theme (great hook)

I'd love to see these guys change their themes asap.

HHH, Cena, Kane, and Jericho. I don't think people will support my vote for a new Jericho theme but the way I see it, I've heard some of fozzy's work and think that he could use his band to come up with a great update.

By the way this is actually a great thread topic

Are you all crazy? I hear from all of you that "OH MY, VOICES IS SO PERFECT FOR RANDY ORTON, BECAUSE HE'S CRAZY!" Do you NOT UNDERSTAND that the song says, and I quote, complete with the necessary capitalization because it's not spoken, it's SCREAMED:

I HEAR VOOOICES IN MY HEAD, THEY COUNCIL ME, THEY UNDERSTAND, THEY TALK TO ME

Randy Orton, the wrestler, the gimmick, DOES. NOT. HEAR. VOICES!

This song is good, but it is FAILSAUCE when attached to Randy Orton!

Being a jerkass is NOT a mental illness. Neither does it mean that he hears voices just because he gets angry easily! -I- get angry easily, but I don't hear voices in my head!

This song makes as much sense as a Stone Cold Steve Austin theme song screaming "I'M A RAPIST! I RAPE GOATS!"

This is a good thread. I agree that the theme music definately has to fit in with the character of the wrestler or diva too. I've had several favorites over the years. Some of the all the time classics for me would be Stone Cold's, The Rock, Undertaker (his latest one), Triple H (my time) although I still like his current one too. In regards to Stone Cold I think all of his have been real good and so have The Rock's, really liked his heel theme alot. Some of other other good one's would be Gangrel, Orton (voices) is a real good theme, the classic Hardy Boyz theme, Ken Shamrock and Chris Jericho. On the other side of the coin, some of the ones I can't stand would be Cena's current one, Mysterio, R-Truth and Kofi Kingston. I don't like Cena but I thought his old one was alot better, it was also back when he was using his old one when I actually liked him. Suited him well cause he actually had some attitude back then too, shame it had to get changed.

I like Triple H's music. I think that it suits his character well and I also think that it is a song that gets people pumped up. A lot of people say that he should change his entrance but I don't think so. Why!? What would that accomplish? Nothing is what. As for "The Game" by Motorhead, I like the song. I think the lyrics in it are very good and again, suit Triple H to a tee. I think it is a perfect match.

Another one I like is Batista's music. "I walk Alone" is another fine addition to the library of music that Saliva has created. I think it does it's job. It is hard sounding and quite intense. I can't think of another song that would describe the character of Batista better.

For me its the one and only theme of Michaels, when the electric guitar hits in... its just sooo inspirational. You guys should really listen to that part carefully. Really its awesome and really inspires me.

Voices - Randy Orton.

It's great at grabbing your attention as soon as it hits, The singer isd almost shouting, And during the opening line he brings it down so he's almost whispering, Making you listen. It has amazing tempo as well, And the lyrics are like an insight into Orton thoughts. Such a well paced, Instantly recognisable song.

Top 10?

10 :Rick Rude (WWE): Not the remade version they use on the games, but the original, summed the guy up perfectly as a sleazy bastard...

9: New Age Outlaws: The "Oh you didn't know" stuff was a massive mark out moment... Added to that the original rap from Road Dogg for every match made the theme a look forward moment on each show...

8: Flash Funk: One of WWE's better efforts on capturing a character... Worked best when he had the ho types with him... It was SOOOO FUNKY!!!

7: The British Bulldog: Rule Britannia is England's national anthem... I am English... so of course I will mark out for it!

6: John Cena: My Time Is Now... Very few themes sound like they could play on radio... Someone said the song did nothing for them... maybe it is an individual thing, but that song could be alongside any rap on the radio... It made Jericho mark out when Cena was drafted so it must do something right!

5: Ric Flair... if I was a wrestler, this would probably be the music i'd want... and I remember as a kid it being the only theme that would make my dad sit up and take notice of what I was watching... so I guess he marked for it too!

4: Hunter Hearst Helmsley... not The Game... not King of Kings but Ludvig Van... I used to love it when Hunter came out to Ode To Joy from Beethoven's 9th around '96.. I even used it as my ringtone at the time... I can see why he changed it, but he should have changed it back to go with his Flair impression...

3: Goldust... seriously... Is there a theme out there that "fits" better with the whole intro, the character?... Whenever Goldie comes back from a hiatus, the theme always gets people to mark...

2: Victoria... the only WWE theme to ever reach #1 (in Europe at least)... sure they licensed it, but the remix they used of "All The Things She Said" was awesome... I was genuinely impressed when I heard it...

1: Voodoo Chile: Forget Real American... This was the best Hogan moment ever... at WM facing the Rock and they paid something stupid like $650,000 to use the song for a year... Hogan's dream song and it made the night complete...

Theme music can play a huge role in a character. Look at Austin and Hogan. The theme music is incredibly memorable and it immediately got the crowd into them. When that glass shattered you knew what was coming and it was quick and sudden. Music can define a character as much as anything else. The best example I've ever heard: imagine Undertaker coming out to Oops I Did It Again. Taker's music is a huge part of his character because it's just like him: slow and menacing. Today's is fine, but I'd like to see more in house themes, namely made by Jimmy Hart, who made some of the best ever.

I just watched Superstars from last week, and I gotta say that R-Truths music also gets the crowd going when he comes out. (and the match he had with Ricky Ortiz was outstanding)

oh and Zak Ryder's music and gimmick is growing on me. this kids got talent

I can't believe no one mentioned the Ultimate Warrior's theme song.

Just like KB said, theme music can play a HUGE role in character development. According to superstars that were interviewed for "The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior" DVD, the Warrior's theme music was probably the only reason why he got over so quickly with the crowd. Well, that and his roided-up physique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back