Wrestlemania XXXIII - Musical Acts

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It's long been tradition that "America the Beautiful" be sung at the official opening of the WrestleMania card. This year, the song will be performed by R&B singer Tinashe. However, it was announced earlier today that there'll be a second musical act for WrestleMania as Pitbull, Flo Rida, Lunchmoney Lewis and Stephen Marley will be performing the "Greenlight" theme song.

I fucking hate when they do this at WrestleMania, I honestly and truly do. For one thing, I don't give a shit about hip hop, never have and probably never will but that's really minor in this situation. You just know that this second musical segment is something that'll stretch on for a good 15 minutes or so and will probably be set late in the event. By that time, people are going to be tired, some are probably gonna be frustrated and some will almost certainly be outright pissed off about some of the WrestleMania booking decisions so this crap will be like throwing gasoline onto a fire. Personally, I'd love it if about 70,000 people booed the shit out of them when it was all said & done because if I wanted to see these guys, I'd buy tickets to see them in concert. When I buy concert tickets, I wanna see live music. When I buy wrestling tickets, I wanna see wrestling matches.

Put them on during the break between the preshow and the main card. That way they can say they did something. Won't interfere with any of the matches and suck the air out of the stadium. The audience can use this time to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. I don't really know who any of these people are so wouldn't buy a ticket to see them perform anyway. Except that Flo Rida person who seems to always be singing something on WWE TV.

The only place music has at a wrestling show is the introductions for the wrestlers as they enter the ring, other than that they can go jump.

13 matches, plus Rock and New Day segments, plus Hall of Fame segment, plus this. This event will end up being 7 hours long in total. I'm eager to see what magic Goldberg and Lesnar will do in order to get the crowd into their main event match.

There should not be any type of musical performance at Wrestlemania, or other WWE events for that matter, unless it is a live version of someone'e entrance. Kid Rock was a perfect example of this. It's annoying and costs time that should be going to the matches. If I wanted to see a band perform then I would buy concert tickets. Even if it was a band I really like such as Nightwish I still don't want them at Wrestlemania. It's supposed to be about the wrestlers. Either play someone's entrance theme as they enter, or do not perform. Should any performances by musicians occur that has nothing to do with anyone's entrance then I simply won't watch that part of the show. I'll grab a snack from the fridge, check emails, or play a game on my 2DS. I refuse to watch idiotic pointless musical performances at Wrestlemania. To those attending it live, go head to the merchandise area or get food during that time. That's what I would do if I was there.

I see nothing wrong with doing "America The Beautiful" at WrestleMania, and Tinashe isn't really all that bad at all. I was actually pretty shocked when I heard the news that the WWE got Tinashe considering she's actually pretty relevant amongst people in their late teens-early 20's. WWE's track record with being in-tune with the culture has been horrid the last decade plus so it's nice to see them actually get something right. (Although, despite all that praise I'm fairly certain it was Tinashe's label/manager that reached out to WWE because they're trying to get her out everywhere they can trying to turn her into the next Beyoncé but that's a different discussion for a different forum).

As far as Pitbull and Flo Rida, they've been WWE's resident "hip-hop" acts forever now. (Quotes because it's pretty disrespectful to hip-hop to say they're hip-hop). Vince probably listens to them in the gym thinking he's all cool, it's whatever. I've learned to accept that at least one of them is gonna have a WrestleMania theme and performance for the next 50 years to come and there's no use bitching about it.

While i'm never really been of fans of musical acts at mania, i kinda understand why they are put there. It's pretty like what the intermission was in the early days of wrestlemania. You need something to pretty cool down the crowd and give them a break to go the the arena or buy merchandise and a musical act pretty much provide that break for the crowd in attendance because normally is long enough that you can go and do something else will they are playing and with a show as long as mania is now since it pretty much a 6 hours plus show now, you need pretty all the breaks you can get.

It's a publicly traded company that wants mainstream appeal. I don't see what you mean at all here, Jackhammer. I see the complete opposite. This gives people time to relax from the action in the ring and maybe buy some t-shirts and take a piss. Fans won't miss wrestling if there is no wrestling. Every year Wrestlemania features a singer or band and every year a group of people complain about it here. I believe musical acts are very important for the mystique of Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania has never been purely about wrestling. Musicians have had an integral part in WWE ever since Cyndi Lauper was a big deal. Sometimes it's needed. With how fucking long and draining last Wrestlemania was with matches back to back to back, I welcome a reprieve of mediocre hip hop to break the monotony this Mania will be. We know this event is going to go +6 hours.

And since we live in the age where we can record, fast forward, and pause shows, this is becoming a weaker gripe as the years go by. Hell I'd argue musical acts are important now more than ever with how heavily saturated wrestling has become.

I didn't mind when Snoop Dog sang Sasha Banks theme song and accompanied her to the ring. Seemed kind of fitting in a way as they are related and Snoop Dog is very well known. It was short, sweet and a perfect way for a musical act to be incorporated into the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back