• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Nash to WWE

Spaceman Spif

Getting Noticed By Management
Now I remember not but a few days ago, reading a article that Kevin Nash's contract with TNA is about to expire, and that he is also not to pleased with TNA right now. So the rumor has it that he may be one his way back to the WWE to take up his old post as HBK's bodyguard.....

not so sure if I like that idea. Yeah Nash had drawing power, and had backstage pull, and could pull off a decent match if need be, but he was also one of the most negative influences in the WWE lockerroom, he was like a posion. He played politics worse that even Undertaker, JBL and Cena, he plays politics like HHH and HBK, and do we really need to see Nash back in Michaels corner? Besides as it has been noted, his career should be starting to wind down, so why give him Nash back? What will it accomplish, besides bringing a cancer back into the WWE lockerroom? I do not feel that Kevin Nash would be a good fit for the WWE anymore, besides they are doing well enough without him.

If they do want to go the bodyguard route, then bring someone up from FCW or use one their current stars on the roster, or go after someone who will be around for a long time, perhaps try to get Matt Morgan back when his contract is up, just do not re-sign Kevin Nash. It won't work.:headscratch:

I agree that Nash should not be brought back...even thought I wouldn't mind Big Daddy Cool Diesel again. But Nash doesn't have it any more...he should go ahead and have one good match and call it quits, and just be an agent or something. WWE is going to be very cauious in bringing him back because of the last time he was there and he injured himself again right after coming back from injuring himself previously...

I do wish him all the best of luck...but I don't want him back in the WWE.

I'd say, take it with a grain of salt.

Every time someone's contract is coming up, we get flooded with rumors that they're going to WWE or TNA, and 9 times out of 10, they go nowhere and just re-sign.

If those reports were correct, then Lashley would be in TNA right now, Carlito would be in TNA, Moore would be in TNA, Masters would be in TNA, the Dudleys would be in WWE, Christian would be in WWE, etc etc etc.

Nash most likely will just stay with TNA until he retires. Plus, the whole "bringing him back as HBK's bodyguard" thing is probably a mismatch of different situations, not a real speculation. Someone probably had heard about the Kendrick/Ezekiel program being inspired by HBK/Diesel and decided to merge it with this.

Nash going back to WWE could work if its on a short term basis. His time after WCW was bought out was just ok at best, mainly due to injuries. If I were him I'd stay in TNA. He has some control there. In WWE, his previous time means nothing now. He'd be another old guy on the roster that would be fed to some young guy then wrestle one match and disappear. In TNA he's around the main event and would likely stay there until he wants to walk away. He's not getting any younger, so he's probably all downhill from here. Stick in TNA, maybe get a month long title reign, and then just ride it out. He's already got a great resume, why go somewhere else and go out like a joke?

Now THAT would be a waste of money and time. Nash hasn't been entertaining since the dying days of WCW. Nowadays he's basically only star power for TNA. Signing Kevin Nash once more would be a mistake in my opinion. He can't wrestle a good match anymore, so I can't quite see what he could do for WWE.

I think he'd be better off staying with TNA, personally, as I've always liked his character and mic skills. In TNA he has a chance of maybe having one title reign of some kind - in WWE, I think not. Not that I'm saying that WWE's choices for champions are better than that of TNA, because most of the time they aren't, but I can't see WWE pushing him, and I can't blame him for that. So my advice for Nash is to stick with TNA.

I agree that he is probably better off staying in TNA, however, just to play devil's advocate for a minute, I can see a certain logic to a return to the WWE. Obviously, the HBK and Y2J feud isn't done yet, and while Jericho has Cade watching his back, who has HBK's? Bringing in Kevin Nash, short term, would provide a logical bodyguard option. Since Nash has played the role before, its believable.

It certainly doesn't hurt Nash that his best friends in the business are two of the most important guys in the WWE, either. Maybe it wouldn't be a total clique reunion, but, HBK and Trips aren't the same people they used to be, and neither is Nash. I think a lot of the reason Nash demands creative control in TNA, is because he can. TNA doesn't have many superstars that can shut him up. He has the stroke there to do it. He wouldn't have nearly the same stroke with a WWE return, despite being pals with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. WWE management isn't going to put Nash's concerns over those of Cena, Batista, Undertaker, or someone like that. As long as he understands that he wouldn't have the same clout in WWE as he does in TNA, it might work.

He might be looking for one last run, even if its a minor one, in the big leagues before he calls it a career. Certainly, Nash knows he has a very limited time left as an active performer, wouldn't you want to finish your career in the biggest Wrestling organization, where you get to hang out with your friends, if they would have you? Wouldn't that be worth sacrificing some creative control for?

Further, from the WWE's viewpoint, as much as they don't acknowledge TNA officially at all, I don't think they would mind having the ear of someone that knows the TNA talent, knows who would be WWE material, and who wouldn't. If the WWE resigned Nash, you can bet he would be sharing as much knowledge about which TNA wrestlers impressed him as he could.

Now, I won't believe for one second that the WWE would resign Kevin Nash until I see him appear on WWE tv again...I am just saying the idea isn't as far fetched as it might seem.

I know that Kevin Nash and Vince McMahon have a great relationship and obviously Nash is friends with HBK and Triple H so I could see Nash coming back to the WWE, but not in a wrestling role. He could come back and have a short stint helping out HBK and then become a road agent or be part of the creative team, but I don't see him coming back as a full time wrestler.

Why? What purpose would it serve? Nash may have drew when he was younger, but can you actually say people would tune in on a regular basis or pay to see him? Maybe his first appearance to see how he get's injured, but I would bet that he would not help the ratings any. Also I don;t think he would be useful as a "coach" or to be used to help get new talent over because the fans probably wouldn't care, he also has made Joe look weak, so he would probably do the same with wwe talent. So I say please don't come back.....

I'm a sucker for the mid 90's during the Kevin Nash era. I'm probably one of the very few who actually loved him as Diesel and liked when he wrestled. I see everyone jumping on him for being a horrible wrestler, but seriously.. just like the Great Khali debates. Not all wrestlers have to be capable of "wrestling".

Kevin Nash returning could give a boost to the W.W.E., believe it or not. He was rememberable and he's a known name. Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash back together again, that'd be a great thing. I know Nash is injury prone. I know he isn't AS enjoyable to watch wrestle, even though for most he apparently never was. But the one thing I do know, is he's entertaining on the mic.. and he could bring back a bit of "old school" feel.

I'd like to see it, but all in all I doubt highly it'll happen. For starters, Nash is up there in age and the W.W.E. likely wouldn't bring him in because of that. He has to have a very limited schedule, and as you can tell he isn't exactly wrestling on a weekly basis for T.N.A., even with their small schedule. So the W.W.E. schedule would likely kill him.

He'd only be worth bringing in if they could figure out how to use him, for his mic skills alone. And to be honest, he's worked better with the X-Division stars in Saban and Shelley, then he ever did anywhere else. So he should stay in T.N.A.

Being a big fan of his previous work in WCW and the WWE/WWF, I would absolutely love to see Kevin Nash return to WWE. Yeah, he may not be one of the best guys in the lockerroom and yeah, he may not be one of the best wrestlers, but he's Kevin Nash. In my opinion, WWE isn't anything of what it used to be and bringing Kevin Nash back could cause some older fans to tune back in to RAW or SD!. A big name like his still has drawing power, even though he's aged quite a lot, and he doesn't necessarily have to used in a wrestling role. He probably knows the business well enough to the fact, where he could be an agent [definately not a writer] or perhaps a manager. I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Nash manage some of the younger guys that have recently been called up from FCW. Maybe even a reincarnation of Wolfpac? Hahaha... like that would ever happen, but you've got to admit, it'd be kind of cool.

I've only seen Nash towards the end of his WWE stint when he was in the Elimination Chamber in 2003. From what I saw, the guy really is not a wrestler. He's another one of those guys, meh I guess you could say like Khali who is so big and powerful, that he really doesn't need to actually wrestle. I have heard a lot about his history, and with that being said. Though he, like HBK has aged a bit. Would still be a nice asset to WWE again. Even if he didn't wrestle, but managed someone kind of like what Atlas is doing with Mark Henry. One feud I could see him in right off the bat for some reason is Randy Orton. I know Nash isn't a legend like some of the other guys, but if you look at some of the things he's done, I think it's a pretty stacked carrer for a Legend Killer to go after. Now, do I think he'll return to WWE?

Honestly I think he very well could. I mean he's apparently not happy with how things are in TNA right now, and even I know that he's got a pretty decent relationship with Vince, HBK, and HHH, which in WWE surely will go a long way. With all the "slack" WWE has been cutting latley, it wouldn't shock me to see Nash, much like Gail Kim be given an offer too good to pass up. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I think it is pretty disingenuous to say that Nash is no longer entertaining. Dude is still great on the mic and cuts a better promo than most of the guys currently getting mic time in the WWE. As a GM or manager he would be gold. That would allow him to wrestle every once in while, but, more importantly, to focus on the things he still does great:work the mic and piss off fans. I think it would be great to see him in WWE. Especially since it would get him away from boring ass Somoa Joe.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I have always been a big mark for Nash.

I would not mind Kevin Nash coming back to WWE, whatsoever. The only problem is that Kevin Nash coming back to be HBK's body guard would make absolutely no sense because it's obvious that the HBK/Y2J feud will end at Unforgiven and it would only make sense if HBK and Nash would feud with Y2J and Cade. Nash coming to WWE would not benefit him in any way, but it would still be great to see him back.

i would love to see nash get one more good run. injury free. near impossible feat but itd be awesome.
i really wanted to see him do it in tna and get the belt but i guess it wasnt meant to be. he was prolly my favorite wrestler growing up. nwo wolfpack was the shit when i was a kid.
i would love to see him go for broke once more in wwe. mabey not for the top belt but just an hbk kinda thing. before hbk decided to come back full time. nash should do a match here and there possibly only at the big 4

yes yes yes yes have him return to wwe. he needs to come back as a bodyguard of sorts for hbk in his jericho feud and kick lance cade and jerichos asses. he would be the perfect person to help micheals. i seriously hope this is true and he comes back as bad ass diesel and as a bodyguad for shawn

I dont think he will return to the wwe but if he did he would be pretty usefull he still has good mic skills and can sometimes get the crowd going. However his "wrestling" career is pretty much done for unless he wants to hurt himself again. I think he has his problems with tna but will stick around

I'm so undecided about how I would feel about a Nash return that I cry myself to sleep at night wondering about the what the ramifications of such a move would be...

OK, so that isn't true at all. For me, I want Big Daddy Cool to have one more run in WWE. Maybe not a world title run, but a decent push to end an entertaining career would be nice.

But in my world I don't want Nash alone. I say the best way to end the careers of The Outsiders would be a tag title run. Bringing them in and building up a tag team division with them on top would be a nice sendoff for two men who are arguably one of the most entertaining teams of all time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nash come back to the WWE at all. I've always been a fan of Big Sexy, and think he's one of the true legends in professional wrestling. A lot of people, especially in the IWC, seem to be really down on Nash, but I don't know why. There are of course all the claims of him being responsible for the death of WCW, but I wouldn't put the blame for that on him in the least bit. People also seem to be down on his in ring work, but for a guy his size I don't think he's so bad. He's held World Titles in both WWE and WCW, so I think he needs to be given credit where it's due.

I think he could have one more decent run in the WWE. He isn't really doing much in TNA, and apparently he's pretty unhappy with them. I think a move over to the WWE would be enjoyable for him. He does have friends there, and I think he could be useful in several different ways. He's always been good on the mic, and he's an intimidating force. He could have one more run as a wrestler, or he could be a manager. He could also serve as an agent or creative team member as well. There are so many option for him in the WWE that I think the move would be a good one.

Damn, Kevin Nash is the LAST thing (besides Sid Vicious) that WWE needs!
His knee's are knackered and he'd do more harm then good in the ring with the likes of Batista or CM Punk n I'd DREAD to see a match between Nah and JBL, GOSH, that would suck.

Folks gotta remeber too, that Nash never was the BIG star that Vince hoped he would be and he NEVER pulled in those big PPV buy rates.
Just look back at Bad Blood 2003, that match was the PITS, even a gimmick match couldn't save him. Imagine what a Nash match would look like today, 5 years later.
I say: Nash, thank you for Big Daddy Cool and the NWO, but do the sport a favour and go away now.

A injured Nash is still better than 80% of guys on the WWE active roster Sid to I'm sorry. I do think he deserves one good run he doesn't need the belt he's beyond as far as him being HBK bodyguard its been done before but has that ever stop the writers from doing it again I feel like this year is a re-run from last year.

Im a bit of mark for mid 90s Nash and NWO nash, but his last stint in WWE wasnt all that great because of his injuries. I still wonder what may have happened with WWEs NWO if BDC wasnt injured....

My Nash views are that theres no way, for his own sake, he can handle WWEs wrestling schedule. I think bringing him in as Raw GM would be a nice touch, similar to Austin and Foleys GM role. I say that, before HBK/Y2Js last match, Nash is bought back on a 'one night only' gig, but then handed the GM role. I cant say how much he'd benefit WWE on the creative side.

Nash has more to offer than Sid. Sid is a monster heel true, and i kinda like him, but Nash is gold on the mic and offers so much more storyline potential than Sid could.

From what I see, although TNA is a respectable wrestling show, it doesn't have the "oomph" that the WWE has (unfortunately, with a strong array of wrestlers), but I see TNA as a notable wrestlers' graveyard/junkyard. TNA has a majority of popular wrestlers who just aren't happy with the way Vinnie Mac was running things, or how politics were within the WWE. Booker T and Kurt Angle left for that very reason. Also I see former wrestlers who were suitable mid cards as world champions? Christian? I'm probably wrong (considering Christian was booked as a guy who once cheered genital warts), but Kevin Nash needs to stay where he is. He rubbed people the wrong way, and let's just face it; Nash, Jarrett, Sting, Foley, Gunn(Kip James), Steiner, The Dudleyz... this is the place where wrestlers who simply can't cut it by WWE standards (but who got by in WCW apparently) go to TNA to wrestle their remaining bit of health, and have their legacy "die."

The WWE is most likely not interested in old, misused talent, unless they made a positive mark on McMahon's ass (think maybe the Kiss My Ass Club?). Now, they're pulling FCW wrestlers and they could possibly look into some talent, but that's about it.

Nash can stay where he is. Jarrett wouldn't be happy if his buddy left anyway.

If he does come back it's maybe his last retirement run so he can get his dvd and get into the hall of fame and call it good.

i think nash would be cool on commentary. Nash's body can;t handle wrestling anymore, lets just face it. Nash was always funny when he was on the mic.

I have mixed feelings about this. I always liked to get Nash back (if he does something with the hair). He is shit in the ring. But he is entertaining. If he gets any role backstage role, than I am fearful. WWE is being pulled to many directions as it is. But if he did come back he could feud with many wrestlers. Shawn Michaels for a while, to relieve the Diesel feud. Triple H, to get Triple H a big named feud on Smackdown. Kane, so he can get over after the Rey feud. Edge, so he can spear the big man. Santino could adopt him as a coach. There are countless outher feuds he could join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back