Kenny King Teasing a Possible Return to Our Televisions

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
This tweet appeared yesterday from Kenny King's official twitter account:

Kenny King ‏@KennyKingPb2 Feb 7

Just read a very promising email. It seems your voices have been heard. Hope you're ready for the #ReturnOfTheKing

As we are all well aware, all of the television leading into Lockdown is already in the can. With that known, hopefully the company has already sorted the Lockdown card. That leaves them with a lot of time to sort the creative ideas for how to book the weeks of TV that will follow that event and its aftermath. Hopefully included in that will be new ways to feature contracted guys who are not currently being used, most notable among those names is probably King and TJ Perkins(Manik).

One nice thing that TNA has been doing is actually having a purpose for every character they're using on Impact programming, no one who has been seen on TV lately has been directionless, which is a breathe of fresh air in the modern wrestling environment. So this hint from King about a possible return could mean that TNA's creative minds have come up with a way to logically include him in their next set of stories.

King, as well as the likes of Manik and Extreme Tiger, can be used to bolster a skeleton X-division or, with a partner, even a nearly skeleton tag divsion. In fact, Perkins and King could even potentially be paired together in a team(something that TJ has been rumored to be pushing for behind the scenes). In any case there is definitely room on the more-shallow-than-ever roster to find a place for a guy as talented as King.

Are you anticipating the possible return of the "pretty boy pitbull"? How could you see King being used? Do you even care?

I do not care…yet. I haven't seen what other have seen in King yet. He has had two promos that I liked (those involved Sabin), and his matches are good, but not great. He has had ONE match that I thought he did well in, but I can't remember who it was against, or when it was. But in that match I thought, "Oh, I can see how people like this guy". If I'm watching X-Division, I would rather see Zema Ion, Petey Wiliams, Sonjay Dutt, and Amazing Red, than see King.

However, if he can maintain that spark I liked against Sabin, and wrestle more consistently; I would be happy to see him. I like the nickname "Pretty Boy Pitbull", and I think if he pulls it all together, he could be something I will buy into.

I will admit that any x-division talent that is getting used gets me a little excited. I love the X-Division. I still haven't given up on one day the X-Division and Knockouts get their own show together. Even if it was only an hour a week. Spike could totally use it on Saturdays.

I would like to see him in the X Division, personally,as it definitely needs some more talent. I have also heard of the possibility of a tag team between King and Manik, which would be interesting, I suppose. I think he would benefit the X Division more than the tag division.

Whatever Kenny King ends up doing, I just hope he sticks around and not make one random appearance, then disappear for several months.

Definitely enjoy Kenny King, in the ring and on the mic. He should be a guy they are building up as a main star.

TNA's booking right now is so weird, I won't even attempt to do a fantasy booking scenario. I just hope he's on TV consistently and in a meaningful, entertaining way.

I want KK back in the WWE. Considering he almost won Tough Enough 2, 12 years ago now and never gave up on his dream I feel really deserves to be rewarded. There isn't a single other person from TE1 or 2 still involved with the business at all except for Josh Mathews (who isn't a wrestler) so the fact that Kenny is still working hard after all these years really proves just how much he deserves success on a big stage.

I'd like to see Kenny King back in the fold, but at the same time not so much in the X division. Granted he's had some decent matches, but I'm over the same matches with Manik and Sabin and the like. Ive mentioned that I'd like to see him back in the tag team ranks, and I stick by that now. He could definitely be a part of MVP's vision of looking towards the future. Now as for who he can be paired with remains to be seen. Lord knows if only Rhett Titus could come to TNA, but I won't bitch about an unfulfilled wish.

Let's get excited! Kenny King, a dude nobody has heard of is making a return! THE KING RETURNETH TO THY SHITHOLE PROMOTION TO MAKE $35K BEFORETH TAXES!

with Aries, Ion and Sabin the only three X division stars featured over the last couple of months, It will be nice to see somebody else for a change. I always enjoyed Kennys work in ROH and if given the chance I'm sure King can become one of the best X division stars the company has ever had and somebody TNA can build the x division around.

I'm in agreement, hopefully along with King returning we'll see Extreme Tiger & Manik as well to give the X-Division a boost.

I want KK back in the WWE. Considering he almost won Tough Enough 2, 12 years ago now and never gave up on his dream I feel really deserves to be rewarded. There isn't a single other person from TE1 or 2 still involved with the business at all except for Josh Mathews (who isn't a wrestler) so the fact that Kenny is still working hard after all these years really proves just how much he deserves success on a big stage.

I had no idea Kenny King was on Tough Enough 2!! That's new information to me!

I do like King in the ring, I find him very entertaining and it's a shame he isn't used more in TNA. The company DO have enough quality wrestlers to make the X-Division strong again. Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Manik, Jeff Hardy, King, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, and even Sonjay Dutt/Petey Williams who make occasional appearances, and I'm probably even forgetting a couple.

King actually has a personality and isn't just a spot monkey. I'm happy that he may be returning to TV and hopefully they can find a good role for him within the company going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back