Kenny King is the *NEW* X Division Champion!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
It was a real clusterfuck of a match with two really awkward looking finishes where Hebner looked to have screwed up the first count after RVD missed on a 450° splash, and King's finisher was equally as botched as RVD was falling into the ropes while King tried to get him in the mount, but fuck it — new champ!

I'm a big fan of King, so I'm really hoping for something great here, but I'd imagine RVD will challenge him in a re-match at Lockdown before we can get the ball rolling on something new with the Division.

I'm just glad to have the title off RVD at this point, because my god was that run boring. Showing up once every three weeks to defend the title and go home isn't exactly engaging.

Thoughts?

....so?

Let's think about this for a minute: there is no X-Division. You have Rob Van Dam defending against Kenny King week after week and Zema Ion showing up maybe every five weeks. Other than that, no one ever fights for the title at all and no one seems interested in fighting for it either. Even tonight, Van Dam talked about how many times he's beaten King. I've never agreed with the idea that if you win the final battle, you win the feud. King has lost to Van Dam time after time after time and had to cheat the one other time he beat him prior to tonight. King looks inferior to Van Dam and contrary to popular belief, the fans aren't going to forget the matches that happened before the title change. On top of ALL THAT, if the botch hadn't happened, King would have won off a Van Dam error, not something King did.

I see no reason to care about this at all as the division is all but dead.

Until/unless TNA decides to get behind Kenny King and to do something, anything at all really, with the X Division, then King is simply the next guy to hold the belt for a while.

Generally speaking, the X Division has been made up of Kenny King, RVD and Zema Ion for a while now. RVD will possibly get a rematch for Lockdown, which he'll almost certainly lose, so he'll be out of the X Division & shuffled off to something else.

As for the match itself, meh. It was pretty decent at times but the clusterfuck of an ending put a damper on it. The ending of the match was given away before the match even began. Whenever someone has "one more chance" to win a title, they almost always win the title.

King has shown pretty decent personality but the X Division has reached a point in which being X Division Champion doesn't really help a wrestler's career.

this is a sad sad thread, bc imagine what they could be doing with the x-division, it's what got me into TNA in the first place and today I really only watch for the stars that were either made tna mainstays through their work in the x-division ...... or the similar (in pace and style) tag team division.

Does anyone actually care as the x division consists or rvd who collects a paycheck kenny king who had way to many title shots zema ion who shows up every now and then and then they had that christian york guy for a short time who doesn't belong there in first place plus joey ryan I mean come on really we need the likes of chavo kaz and aj back in the x division vamp it up a bit

People are pointing out the botched ending, but it doesn't seem that anyone is mentioning why the botch occurred.

Rob missed landed that 450 so badly that he legitimately knocked himself unconscious. He obviously wasn't supposed to be pinned right away, but wasn't mentally or physically sound to be able to kick out, and without realizing that, Hebner fucked up and didn't just finish the three count.

That is why King had to come up with the quick end of just picking Rob up and nailing his finisher anyway. They fell into the ropes because King was trying to lift all of Rob's weight and his completely limp unconscious body with no help.

A 450 probably isn't the best move to whip out of your bag of tricks once every few months, especially when you're north of 40 years old. We witnessed the results of that risk.

Yeah, It was clearly obvious that RVD knocked himself out in that match, Hebner should of just ended it with that and have Kenny win the belt then and there. My whole reaction last night was kind of...:wtf:...uh...Yah! Kenny King is the NEW X Division Champion!!!

I like Kenny King, and am glad to see him with the title. But realistically one has to wonder what he can do. There's so much wrapped in A&8's that the X division fell by the wayside. I asked in the Impact LD thread whatever happened to Sonjay Dutt and Doug Williams. Well with EY back he could get a crack at it at some point, but where are the young guns to challenge for the strap. The division benefited greatly when Aries was the champ, but now it's like it's treading water. Right now it looks like its all up King and RVD to carry things for a while.

I had wanted him to win the title shortly after he arrived, and I also thought RVD would bring the division up to par. Neither of those things happened. RVD's run was boring and he really only faced King and Zema Ion. He really did nothing else with the belt. I also think it might be to late for King to do anything with the belt. The division is pretty much dead right now and it's a shame. I hope King can kick start the division again, but I honestly don't see it.

I like Kenny King, and am glad to see him with the title. But realistically one has to wonder what he can do. There's so much wrapped in A&8's that the X division fell by the wayside. I asked in the Impact LD thread whatever happened to Sonjay Dutt and Doug Williams. Well with EY back he could get a crack at it at some point, but where are the young guns to challenge for the strap. The division benefited greatly when Aries was the champ, but now it's like it's treading water. Right now it looks like its all up King and RVD to carry things for a while.

I could not agree with you more, the x division has suffered greatly because of the Aces and Eights storyline, Just like the Tag Division has and until they bring this storyline to a end, nothing is going to change. As far as Kenny King goes, I'm a big fan. I though his work in ROH was great and even though I think he could do with a new look, I'm sure he will be a very good X division champion. All he needs now is somebody new to defend the title against.

im hoping that we get the simple solution to this problem......bring in more talent or direct your established talent to the x-division scene. hopefully X-travaganza will see new and old stars jumping into the division

im hoping that we get the simple solution to this problem......bring in more talent or direct your established talent to the x-division scene. hopefully X-travaganza will see new and old stars jumping into the division

I doubt it. TNA has had opportunity in the past to bring in more fresh talent and to bring more established wrestlers back into the X Division for years. They simply haven't done it and, I'm assuming, they have no interest in it. As I've said in other posts, the X Division is now truly a cruiserweight division with a flashy name, only with no real energy or excitement to it. I'd have no problem with the X Division as being nothing more than a cruiserweight division if TNA had even a half viable mid-card title. At one point in time, the X Division Championship was sort of a stepping stone to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. It's not that any longer, nor is the TNA Television Championship.

I also highly doubt that anything will come from X-Travaganza. It's part of the "One Night Only" ppvs. The One Night Only aspect, to me at least, gives the impression that the X-Travanganza, like the other ONO shows, is simply a throwaway show with no impact or relevance to the roster. For instance, they're having another ECW tribute Hardcore Justice ppv as part of the ONO line up and TNA isn't going to line up its roster, hopefully, with broken down and irrelevant ECW wrestlers.

The X division is dead and it is not coming back anytime soom. Having said that RVD has to be one of the most boring personalities in wrestling. The only time he was worth anything was durring his year long ECW television championship reign. After he broke his leg in ECW he was never as good as he was and has been coasting ever since. I remember his comback match in ECW (against Jerry Lynn) and I remember being very dissapointed (I know it wasn't Lynn's fault as that guy is still a monster in the ring). RVD has been perfoming the same match ever since. Be it ECW, WWF/E or TNA. The Guy peaked back in 1999 and has been average (at best) ever since. He's a lazy, boring, stoner. TNA should cut him ASAP since he hasn't contributed to their program and hasn't brought in a single new viewer either. Anyway, congratulations to King. Unfortunatley, he is a good wrestler who has a decent personality, but is holding a belt that is worthless. Well, at least it is worth a little more than the TV title... which is worth a little more than the Knockouts Tag Team titles... TNA where only one belt matters and the rest of the titles can go and F' themselves.

Right, I've just watched the match.

To the people saying RVD was *legit* knocked-out... I think you've been worked.

RVD got his arms down first, to protect his head. Looked like a fine landing to me. As Hebner's counting '2', RVD tries to raise his arm, the one that's under King, as he's coming down for '3' RVD lifts his other shoulder, the one you can't see because of King.

RVD then atempts a few clumsy blows, then is 'difficult' to lift, (while still managing to get to his feet quite happily.) If Van Dam was unoncious, then it's a unusual form of unconcious I've never seen before...

I think it was all deliberate. To have King win, but have it seem a little 'tainted'. Set up for a rematch at Lockdown, and enable RVD to say he lost the title after 'knocking himself out'.

I think it was all deliberate. To have King win, but have it seem a little 'tainted'. Set up for a rematch at Lockdown, and enable RVD to say he lost the title after 'knocking himself out'.

Yeah, because what's a more relevant argument than "I only lost because I did something stupid in the match and it cost me"???

I would argue anything Rob did after botching that 450 was instinct, not an indication of clear-headedness. And I have watched it back.

Yeah, because what's a more relevant argument than "I only lost because I did something stupid in the match and it cost me"???

I would argue anything Rob did after botching that 450 was instinct, not an indication of clear-headedness. And I have watched it back.

We've all seen it before,

"Yes Kenny King, you're the X-Division champion, you did pin me. But you didn't beat me. *I* beat me. If I hadn't knocked myself out you could not have beaten ROB. VAN. DAM!"

Lockdown challenge issued...

I did say I "think" people have been worked. I'm not, nor claim to be, infallible. As for instinct and clear-headedness... There's a world of difference between 'woozy' and 'knocked out'.

The landing on the 450 looked OK to me. (on several rewatches too!) He landed flat, weight spread, cushioned his head...

The promo he cut tonight over having won the X title was fantastic. Goes to show you that you've got a great building block here, TNA, if only you give him the opportunity to prove it by giving him an actual division to work with — not just the same repeat matches with ZzZzZima Ion and RVD.

Time to fill out the X Division with some older names, IMO. You can start with Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams and go from there.

Thing is, they have the talent.

Joey Ryan hasn't been on TV for a month. Hate the gimmick, but he's decent in the ring. Robbie E. ditto. And now it looks like the 'robbies'' are split. Dutt's not been on TV for 2 or 3 weeks. Christian York, as much as I think the X-Division is the wrong place for him.

Eric Young's back, Doug Williams and Chris Sabin are still on contract.

Garret and Bischoff can fill out the division and represent A&8s.

That's 8 guys, plus Ion, King and RVD.

They don't need to 'fill' much at all. Just use the guys they've got better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back