• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kelly Kelly New Divas Champ

The Future Rises

Thinking Of A New Name..
I was actually happy seeing someone who actually improved win the divas title, and lets face it she's came a long way from her old ECW days, but that's just my opinion I'm sure the're are a lot of people who want to bash her.

- So Do You Think Kelly Deserves The title?
- Do You Think She's Gonna Go On To Be The Next Face Of The Divas Division?

Hell yeah she deserves the Divia's Championship, more so than any other diva currently in the Divas division. She's the most over, best looking and one of the main attractions of the divas division. Kelly Kelly has definitely worked her way up the card from ECW a few years ago to the top of the divas division. She deserves this and I for one am happy for her.

- Do You Think She's Gonna Go On To Be The Next Face Of The Divas?

She already is. She's everything the diva's division stands for. Smart, sexy, athletic, if you ask me, she's born to be Diva's Champion.

Well put hamler, exactly my thoughts.

Hell yeah she deserves the Divia's Championship, more so than any other diva currently in the Divas division. She's the most over, best looking and one of the main attractions of the divas division. Kelly Kelly has definitely worked her way up the card from ECW a few years ago to the top of the divas division. She deserves this and I for one am happy for her.

She already is. She's everything the diva's division stands for. Smart, sexy, athletic, if you ask me, she's born to be Diva's Champion.

No way does Kelly deserve a title of any kind. While she is a smidge better than Brie Bella, that's not really saying much. Kelly Kelly is, always has been & always will be garbage in the ring & the only reason she has a job is because of her looks. She's a horrible wrestler, she can't act & deserves to be on the unemployment line. She's not talented and while yes she has improved, she's still one of the worst wrestlers on the diva roster. I'd rather see Rosa Mendes as champ over Kelly

Let's all keep the facts straight here. WWE is no longer representing WOMEN'S WRESTLING...this is a DIVA'S CHAMPIONSHIP which represents anything entertainment-wise. Therefore; Kelly Kelly is worthy as she has improved in that aspect.

Kelly HAS improved, I'll give you that. She is still terrible in the ring tho lol. And I do think Rosa is a little better than Kelly, talent wise. But I will say she's not the worst....that title goes to Kaitlyn. Waiting for the day Kaitlyn gets future endeavored

It was the right move giving her the title. She's been receiving attention outside of the WWE (Maxim's hot 100 list). Giving her the title gives the company some attention as well. Also, WWE probably sees Kelly Kelly as the most marketable diva in Kharma's absence.

I say there is no doubt that she deserves the title and like Hamler said, she is already and she will continue to be. There is no Diva in the WWE currently that is more recognizable than Kelly Kelly, she's everyone's favorite Diva and she has deserved it for a long time. Kelly has always been loved by the WWE Universe and for all that love I really expected her to hold the title sooner but i'm glad it has finally happened and she is definitely going to hold that spot as the face of the Divas division for a long time.

Kelly Kelly personifies what the women's division has turned into since 2004 - she can't wrestle for shit, but no one cares because she's HOT!

Kelly, for better or for worse, is the most popular and most recognized woman in WWE, thanks to her making the Maxim list. If WWE wasn't PG, I'm sure K2 would have done a Playboy spread by now.

Does she deserve it? Depends on what kind of fan you are. If you're a fan of "sports entertainment", yes. If you're a fan of "pro wrestling", ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! She got over entirely on her looks and isn't that great a wrestler in the ring.

As much as I dislike Kelly, I'd rather have her as Divas Champion than the Bella Twins. Those two should just find someone to manage and stay out of the ring.

No way does Kelly deserve a title of any kind.
Sure she does. She is currently the most over diva on the diva roster. That makes her worthy of a Diva's Championship reign.
While she is a smidge better than Brie Bella, that's not really saying much.
Sure it is. She's more recognizable, athletic and an all around better seller than Brie.
Kelly Kelly is, always has been & always will be garbage in the ring & the only reason she has a job is because of her looks.
That may be the original reason she got the job but to deny she is a great diva is horse shit. She's improved and worked her way up the divas card into a Divas Championship reign. She’s probably one of the best.
She's a horrible wrestler, she can't act & deserves to be on the unemployment line.
Not really. Her selling during the Kharma skits were some of the best acting the Divas divsion has ever saw. Being in the WWE is more than being a great wrestler, you need the all around package and Kelly Kelly has that.
She's not talented and while yes she has improved, she's still one of the worst wrestlers on the diva roster.
Hardy...
I'd rather see Rosa Mendes as champ over Kelly
Good luck with that.

-i think kelly kelly is deserving, she has been working hard, and has come along way. plus its something new, when was the last time that kelly kelly was the divas champ? i dont know.
-yeah she could be the face until the anti-diva diva returns to leave a path of destruction throughout the entire divas division!!!!!

\
Does she deserve it? Depends on what kind of fan you are. If you're a fan of "sports entertainment", yes. If you're a fan of "pro wrestling", ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! She got over entirely on her looks and isn't that great a wrestler in the ring.

So that means if you are sports entertainment fan wrestling skills dont matter? :rolleyes:

To answer the thread's question I would say no she doesn't deserve the title. She has done nothing to earn the title nor does she look credible enough to be seen as a Champion. It's not like the Diva roster is thin right now Beth, Natalya, Gail Kim, Maryse, and Mileena are still in the active roster and even Eve and the Bella Twins are more deserving champions than Kelly Kelly.

I all for hot women there are other "hot women" in the diva's roster that can carry the title.

Ah another Kelly Kelly thread surprise surprise.:rolleyes: I said it once and i'll say it again, since when does talent mean anything in WWE especially for the Divas? For satan's sake Kelly Kelly may not be the best diva out there, but she is so hot ( so damn hot) that she doesn't need to be the best diva. Like i said earlier, talent means nothing in the WWE especially for the divas get that through your heads. By the way i'm glad she is Diva's champion.

I'm glad she's Diva's Champion for now. She has worked hard but is she the best in the ring....lol. If they roll with this for a few title defense and then have her drop the title I'd be fine. Have her escape by the skin of her teeth. However if they put her over Beth, Gail, Natalya, almost any of the diva's on the roster for long then I'll get sick of her faster then Trish Stratus first several runs.

Now as far as Rosa Mendes and Nikki Bella goes they are actually real good in the ring. Rosa had most of her moveset limited, hence why she does no Tombstone Piledrive like she did before getting called up. Then Nikki was much better in Shimmer and made herself stand out from her sister while there. It's obvious she was dumb down to her sister's skills.

I'm looking for a second run from Natalya or a first run from AJ or Beth, as she has never held the Diva's Title.

Reading through this thread, the main argument I saw for her deserving the title is that she "has improved" in the ring.

Well, whoop dee doo. In the past year, my cooking skills have improved but that doesn't suddenly make me a world class chef.

I guarantee that if Kelly was merely average or plain looking, the wrestling forum would not be so forgiving of her less than average ring skills.

Let's be honest, of the 3 divas that fans could pick from for a title shot on raw, she is by far the least talented in the ring. Why she was chosen by the majority of the fans is beyond me, but I have a sinking suspicion that one way or the other, Kelly was going to "win" this particular contest.

And to be even more honest, I think she's one of the least talented divas on the roster right now. She's not terrible, and I will concede that she has improved, but no, she does not deserve to be the champion. She is not entertaining to watch in the ring, her moves seem clumsy and awkward, and I am not looking forward to a string of sloppy title defenses where she pretty much gets carried through the match by her opponent.

Here's hoping she gets better soon. I honestly don't dislike her, there is a place for her in the WWE, but I feel her skill level has plateaud and I don't think she should be champion.

i agree, i'll even call this the best post in the thread. People are being too harsh on her. As far as in ring skills go The bar for divas is set a little lower than the bar for the guys when it comes to in ring ability, and this is in no way intended to sound sexist you can say the same about tag teams or cruiserweights thats why they have/had their own division. Alot of people on here aren't comparing her to the divas roster or divas of the past, they're comparing her to guys like hbk and other in ring greats

So that means if you are sports entertainment fan wrestling skills dont matter? :rolleyes:

I should clarify. In my eyes, "pro wrestling" and "sports entertainment" are similar, but not quite the same. "Sports entertainment" deals more with promos, skits and other nonsense, while "pro wrestling" is all about what's happening in the ring.

As far as whether or not wrestling skills matter to a "sports entertainment" fan, they probably don't as far the women go. All they care about is who's hotter (just look at some of the other posts). That's why Kelly is so much more over than someone like Gail Kim, even though Gail could destroy K2 if she so chose.

First of all, I'd like to point out that Kelly Kelly's Diva's Championship win has already provoked more of a discussion on his forum than the thread on Dolph Ziggler's United States Championship win

Anyway, it's no secret that no one gives a fuck about the Diva division. That being said, I'm glad Kelly is champion; not because she quenches my thirst for quality wrestling, but instead because she satisfies my subpar knob.
Also, it’s nice to see her win the title after coming from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvmKAaPdIDM&feature=related

Quality talent living out the American dream. Great to see. She is indeed very deserving.

But in all seriousness, she’s most definitely the most over WWE diva at the moment, so why not make her champion? Will it change the Diva division in the slightest, probably not. But oh well. Who cares?

Let's be honest, of the 3 divas that fans could pick from for a title shot on raw, she is by far the least talented in the ring. Why she was chosen by the majority of the fans is beyond me, but I have a sinking suspicion that one way or the other, Kelly was going to "win" this particular contest.

Beth more talented yeah but Eve? seriously? all she does is a moonsault and she's the most boring champ in WWE Womens history the fans got bored of her in her first reign yet they gave her another reign and look where she took it, plus she's not exactly the best looker so I don't understand what they ever saw in her.

Then Nikki was much better in Shimmer and made herself stand out from her sister while there. It's obvious she was dumb down to her sister's skills.

Nikki was never in Shimmer and where ever you got that information from, it's completely fraud. Nikki and Brie were hired to WWE after being models... much like Kaitlyn, Kelly Kelly, and Trish Stratus.

That being said, I'm half and half on the title change. While I expected nothing less than Kelly getting the title, I didn't expect it to be on a Raw. I'm happy that she did, don't get me wrong, but I just wanted the Bella's reign to go a bit longer.

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I think Kelly sucks and the wifey HATES her. However I think WWE made the right choice here. Kelly is the most popular diva so why not use that to their advantage? I would rather have Natalya for the champion myself but with Kharma being gone for the rest of the year it would hype up her return more if Kelly is champion for a long time until Kharma can return and show us the squashing one sided match we are waiting for. Kelly has been improving slowly for 5 years now so she does deserve a run with the belt. I don't think she should become the face of the division over girls like Natalya and Beth who can WRESTLE. This seems to be where WWE is going though. Rather Kelly than the Bellas or all of the other models who can't wrestle. Put her in feuds with Beth or Natalya so they can work with her and get a decent match out of this useless division.

Good for Kelly. :)

I know people can prattle on about her skillz, looks, and whatnot, but to be honest, I think she is the best face on Raw. She shows a fire and energy that the crowd eats up. All she has to do is smile, be a good girl, and not try to kill anyone in the ring at the same time she looks like she wants to whip some ass. She's more than capable of doing that.

I know that saying "the best match between them" won't mean much because their matches haven't.. Well, much. But I personally thought the match last night was a lot of fun. It was just Brie being a meany to Kelly and when Brie got overconfident, Kelly took advantage. Clean and efficient.

Admittingly, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. She's obviously the most over diva on the roster, and she's been there since what 2006? It's here first championship in 5 year's.

Sure, she may have the best in-ring skill's, but when has that ever mattered in WWE? So there's no reason to argue about that.

Admittingly, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. She's obviously the most over diva on the roster, and she's been there since what 2006? It's here first championship in 5 year's.

Sure, she may have the best in-ring skill's, but when has that ever mattered in WWE? So there's no reason to argue about that.

Well I find it funny how a Cena fan hates someone cause they "can't wrestle".

Anyway what you're saying is correct she is the most over Diva and she is, IMO, the only Diva that can really represent the WWE Divas, because lets face it no other diva can be looked at as "Smart, Sexy, and Powerful" more than her.

And I'm glad the title is off the Bella "we don't like wrestling" Twins.

She deserved to win it. She has been with the company 5 years slowly but improving. I know it wasn't a huge pop but when she won the title , I noticed the fans were really into it. When Brie Bella won it was dead silence and I think the same for most of the other divas , nobody cared. It's great for Kelly , good for her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back