• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

What's up with RoH World Title long reigns?

Lethal was champ for 427 days, Jay for 286, Elgin for 76 and Cole for 275 days? Why so long title reigns? Even Davey and Steen had 200+ days reign.

Watching some early 90s WCW and I have just run into a guy I never heard of named Van Hammer. Looked him up and it seemed like he fizzled out pretty quick. Most certainty had the look and build so was it a lack of mic skills or wrestling talent that held him back?

Van Hammer got red hot for a little while and then just collapsed. My buddy and I were BIG fans and still reference him to this day.

Combination of a few things, but mainly just not very good. Also the Heavy Metal gimmick wasn't going to get him anywhere. He'd actually pop up again in 1997.

Because I'm too lazy to check Van Hammer's the one in the Flock that I always for a brief second think is Pillman right?

Just the crazy hair.

EDIT I Googled:

hammer.jpg

brian_pillman_-_brian_pillman_07.jpg

I was about 11 or 12 at the time.

Orton vs Lesnar rematch confirmed... For a house show in Chicago on 24th September.

Please make some sense of this development...

I'm sure there's plenty of material on the forums about this subject, but I was wondering if I could get your quick thoughts on the "Broken" Hardys angle. I for one just don't get the hype. I mean, it's different. But different doesn't always mean good. To me, the whole thing just makes zero sense. If it weren't being done by two individuals as well known and popular as Matt and Jeff, it probably wouldn't even be airing on television.

Without going into a huge rant, I'm not a fan. It's WAY less annoying than it was before when that dominated the show but I'm really not liking it. Like you said, it's just because Matt and Jeff are never told no and this is the result. Also once you put them in the arena again, it's just two old guys having matches.

Exactly. They've barely done anything that much different from what they've been doing their whole careers. The only thing that made The Final Deletion stand out from any of the other matches they've ever had against each other was the production "values" for lack of another term. Oh, and Señor Benjamin. It was just a bizarre overblown backyard wrestling video.

And what in the name of Maxel is with Matt's friggin accent?! He sounds like Leonardo DiCaprio in Blood Diamond crossed with Leonardo DiCaprio in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Will they give Kevin Owens time to cut the promo of the year next week or is Owens going to get a few sentences in before Stephanie/Foley/Rollins/Reigns/Triple H enter the ring and ruin the whole thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back