Kaval can be more convincing than rey mysterio or evan bourne?

The Viper Orton

Pre-Show Stalwart
We all know it took a long time before we saw any cruseirweights main eventing shows. The first cruserweight to win WWE champion was Rey mysterio as the "underdog" as he beats everyone he faces except undertaker by one way. He doesn't get pinned to other finishers other than Last ride and Tombstone and I used to hate it and still hate it. He's the underdog and he always wins by never "giving up", It was never convincing for me.

Then came evan bourne, he made cruserweights fighting heavyweights and super heavyweights more belivable with his moves, as he does them perfectly, yet I feel its not enough to hold the WWE champion for more than 3 months.

However, when kaval came, and I saw him wrestle his first two matches at NXT, i said I would be delighted if become that cruserweight that fights back agiasnt big guys and makes it belivable. His warrior gimmick suits him well and his kicks and strong and flexible. When he strongly steps at the back of the head of someone, you feel its impact (yes, much stronger than 619).

So what are your thoughts of kaval, would he be a more believable underdog champion than rey?

In some ways yes, in other ways, I don't think so. Clearly his attitude and demeanor would suite him well were he to go after the big dogs, but honestly for me the kicking shit is overdone and needs to be supplemented with something else.
Don't get me wrong strikes are great, especially when used at appropriate times. Kaval, Low-Ki, Senshi, whatever the heck you call the guy, simply needs to do more than that. If and when he does I think he could have a heck of a run against the larger guys and could get over with the crowd much in the same way Taz did back in ECW. Basically, the ball really is in his court. I've seen his work over the years both live --I think I've seen 2-3 of his WWF/E tryout dark matches-- and on video so I know there is a little more to the guy. I just hope he displays that and gets in step with Lay Cool a bit more as he's somewhat wasting a really good gimmick.

I actualy think he can. just like you The Viper Orton, I watched his two matches in NxT and damn it! I've been really impressed by him. however, Rey or Evan are faces. and in my eyes, by the way he talks, he interact's with Lay-Cool make me think that he is a heel. yes he is the underdog, he is "too little for the WWE", but I can't see him being cheered by little children 'ya know? but his match against wannabe the Great Khali, MoJo's rookie (sorry, it's too early in the show to remember his name) was really good. I think he can do a better job than Evan Bourne and even Rey Mysterio

Of course he can! If you take a look at his work not only from TNA, but from ROH, and Japan, you will see how great he is in the ring. Something that Rey Mysterio cant do, and something that Evan Bourne isnt as good as doing. He's a small superstar like both men, however, he is probably better than both men combined in terms of ability, and mic work. He would definitely be a more believable champion than both of these superstars because of his moveset. He could easily take on a John Cena type superstar, and he could damn well last in the ring with him. In fact, when it comes down to moveset, Kaval is better than Cena. So the answer to your question is yes.

I've been thinking he could be the "biggest little man" ever since I've heard of him signing with the WWE. When I heard the rumors of him fueding w/Mysterio I wanted them to bring him in on one of the main shows, as almost a monster heel, and have him beat the living shit outta Mysterio, then with his dominating style run rampant over the WWE.

There are two differences between guys like Evan Bourne, and guys like Low Ki. The first is their appearance and demeanor, Evan Bourne looks like a happy go lucky child, who's balls have yet to drop, and comes out grinning like a chestire cat all the while throwing up peace signs like a teenage girl. Low Ki looks like 5'9 of mean, walks down the ramp with a straight face, rarely smiles, and pretty much never brags or celebrates a big move. The other difference is their style of offense, Bourne is a true high flyer, his offense is based on beeing faster than his opponent, hitting him with jabs, and frequently climbing the turnbuckle for some crowd exciting, high flying action. Low Ki has an entirely different style, his is more of a high impact, strike based offense with frequent kicks, elbows, kness, and other strikes mixed in with JuJitsu like submissions on the ground. Those two things combined is why I think Low Ki will be more succesful than Bourne.

The first cruserweight to win WWE
champion was Rey mysterio

well... if you're talking WWE cruserweight, then yes, but if you include WCW, then i believe it was chris jericho, followed by eddie.. and benoit.. but to answer the question, yes, kaval is more believable than rey or evan for the title, maily cuz he's a bit bigger than the other 2, and has way more skill, not taking anything away from rey/evan though, they are good, but i got high hopes for kaval.

We all know it took a long time before we saw any cruseirweights main eventing shows. The first cruserweight to win WWE champion was Rey mysterio as the "underdog" as he beats everyone he faces except undertaker by one way. He doesn't get pinned to other finishers other than Last ride and Tombstone and I used to hate it and still hate it. He's the underdog and he always wins by never "giving up", It was never convincing for me.

Then came evan bourne, he made cruserweights fighting heavyweights and super heavyweights more belivable with his moves, as he does them perfectly, yet I feel its not enough to hold the WWE champion for more than 3 months.

However, when kaval came, and I saw him wrestle his first two matches at NXT, i said I would be delighted if become that cruserweight that fights back agiasnt big guys and makes it belivable. His warrior gimmick suits him well and his kicks and strong and flexible. When he strongly steps at the back of the head of someone, you feel its impact (yes, much stronger than 619).

So what are your thoughts of kaval, would he be a more believable underdog champion than rey?

Needless to say, I think you are wrong. The problem is that Kaval is not a dominating person. Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio aren’t either but at least Rey has something more to him.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Kaval. When you add that to the fact that I despise Rey Mysterio, then I should be arguing the opposing case. However, even I can see that Kaval is in dire need of a gimmick. Right now, he is just another high-flyer that will go nowhere in the WWE. It’s a shame because Kaval is a good talent. His move-set is extensive and varied but at the end of the day, Evan Bourne has a fantastic finisher that people adore and Rey Mysterio is Rey Mysterio. He is very over with the fans, has a decent enough gimmick and is much better in the ring than Kaval.

Do I think that with the right gimmick and push, Kaval could be a force in the WWE? Absolutely, anyone could. Do I ever think it will realistically happen? Not really. The problem with Kaval is that he definitely needs a lot of work and both Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio have the market cornered for what cruiserweights can do on both Raw and Smackdown right now.

If he continues with his warrior gimmick, then I doubt he would be more convincing than Rey Mysterio. The reason that Rey Mysterio’s gimmick works is because people can actually believe it. I may despise it but I know that is could be true. He is always the underdog and he has been moderately successful in that role. I would love to see Kaval be a warrior against the Big Show, see how far that gets him.

The Ki-Krusher is pretty much out of the question as his finisher, I think The Warrior's Way is the only thing that will work for him in the WWE. I would love to see him use the Phoenix Splash, but I doubt he ever does that. He is a great in-ring performer, he lacks mic skills and charisma which will ultimately hurt him in the WWE. If he does become what Mysterio is, it is going to take just as long if not longer, Mysterio had to pay his dues, then pay more dues on top of that before he became the World champion. I'm interested to see what they decide to do with Kaval if he does make it to the main roster.

i could see him being a more legitimate evan bourne, but honestly, the SS press looks like it would hurt more than the warriors way, i just don't see anything coming out of Kav

YES he can be very convincing against bigger opponents, even more so than Evan or Rey because his moveset is variety based unlike rey or evan's who usually use high risk moves. Kaval uses kicks, aerial moves, and some mat work(not much) but still, he can be a believable challenger to the WWE title and produce good matches like Daniel Bryan when he was hired(his match against Batista and Jericho).:)

Low-ki himself could definitely do it. He has shown that he has great ability in the ring and a lot of passion for the sport and I think that's what the fans look for in their champions. However, I don't think the wwe would ever let it legitimately happen. By this I mean that if he ever were to win a major title the wwe would play it off much like they did CM Punk's first title reign, as if he didn't really deserve it and as if he was easy to beat. Plus, I think the WWE has something against indy stars. I mean you saw it with Danielson and so far we haven't seen it with Low-ki (and I hope we don't) but the WWE from what I have read likes to put those internet stars in their place. But then again Danielson and "kaval" are completely different workers in the professional sense. But I'm just kinda blabbering now. My point is that yes "Kaval" is perfectly capable of being number one, but WWE isn't capable of putting him there for a full and decent title reign.

It's funny because I'm personally not a fan of Rey Mysterio and I don't find him at all entertaining in the ring but Low-ki on the other hand is extremely entertaining and his moves hit A LOT harder than anything Mysterio does. I think that in the very far future (assuming that Low-Ki sticks around or is "allowed" to stick around) he could carry one of the larger divisions, but it will be shown as a fluke.

Yeah Kavals inring skills are more solid and believeable, also his gimmick is great. But I'm gonna wait to see how his charcter unfolds, because as cheesy as Mysterio is he gets the job done, and is usually entertaining. And Bourne seems to also be getting the Rey push.

Kaval has a bright future, and he'll be signed regardless if he wins NXT.

Needless to say, I think you are wrong. The problem is that Kaval is not a dominating person. Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio aren’t either but at least Rey has something more to him.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Kaval. When you add that to the fact that I despise Rey Mysterio, then I should be arguing the opposing case. However, even I can see that Kaval is in dire need of a gimmick. Right now, he is just another high-flyer that will go nowhere in the WWE. It’s a shame because Kaval is a good talent. His move-set is extensive and varied but at the end of the day, Evan Bourne has a fantastic finisher that people adore and Rey Mysterio is Rey Mysterio. He is very over with the fans, has a decent enough gimmick and is much better in the ring than Kaval.

I highly doubt you have seen any of his matches outside of him facing rookies. Kaval is extremely dominating. I mean, just watch his match against the man to viscious for the wwe.
I tried to put up the bryan danielson vs. kaval match from fcw, but it didn't work so just look it up.
Of course danielson was working off ring rust, but it was still a good match. And it shows how brutal kaval can be. This isn't even in the indys. Thats why I chose it. It is in FCW. So I'm sure the wwe will allow thisto happen in his matches. And another thing, because he is so different, he will never be just another high flyer. He is to different and great to be just another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back