Kane - His Greatest Match.

Which 1 is Kane's greatest match?

• Kane vs Undertaker (Wrestlemania XIV)

• Kane vs Undertaker (Unforgiven 1998)

• Kane vs Stone Cold (King of The Ring 1998)

• Kane vs Chris Jericho (Armageddon 2000)

• Royal Rumble Match (Royal Rumble 2001)

• Kane vs Big Show vs Raven (Wrestlemania X-7)

• Kane vs Triple H (Judgment Day 2001)

• Kane vs Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania X-8)

• Elimination Chamber (Survivor Series 2002)

• Money In The Bank (Wrestlemania 21)

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Ace of Knaves

Getting Noticed By Management
As usual, the thread is self-explanatory.

Pick only one match and tell why. I always love good opinions and discussions.

My own personal pick is Kane vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania XIV.

That match is one of the best ever. I never get tired of watching that match. I mean Kane and Taker were so unbelievable. If u saw somebody else who used to get up like Kane that would be like "this is bullsh*t" but Kane was so unreal and believable. When he tombstoned Pete Rose the ovation was amazing. I think Kane only got down for like 10 times in the whole match. The storyline was amazing and their feud was also cool. Taker vs Kane feud was indeed legendary during its heyday. It took 3 tombstones to pin Kane and Kane did kick out after the third tombstone I guess the ref counted fast. Still a classic match, a classic feud Added to the Legacy of WM 14 where Austin 3:16 carried the company.

What about u? What do u think?

I can't just name one, because as you can tell by my Signature I am a HUGE Kaneanite!!!!!!!

I know you said pick only one match, but I just don't have the heart to do that....

-Kane vs. Kurt angle (Wrestlemania X8)

-Kane vs. Big Show vs. Raven- Hardcore match (Wrestlemania X7)

-Kane vs. Shane mcmahaon- Last man standing match (Unforgiven 2003)

-Kane vs. The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XIV)

Just to name a few....

All these matches in my opinion are Awesome in their own way's, Some of my favorite bouts of all-time.

Most definitely Money In The Bank WM 21. Kane is a crappy wrestler to be honest, he needs people to carry him through his matches. Kane has been in a lot of great matches, but most of them was involving more than two people in one match. The only single match I remember being any good with Kane in it was Kane vs Undertaker in WM 14. Vs Stone Cold, Vs Chris Jericho, Vs. Shane McMahon were also good matches, but I really can't think of too much more.

Truly, Kane has been in numerous CRAZY feuds and has had insane moment, after insane moment. Kane wasn't a smooth in ring technician so his matches have been more built off of his storyline/drama or he would dominate a lesser guy, quickly.

Kane has had many more great moments then he has had great matches. I can think of a lot of examples to list.

The match I will choose for his greatest match, wasn't much of a "match" at all. It was when he cashed in his recent MITB briefcase, the same night he won it, and defeated Rey Mysterio for The World Heavyweight Championship.

Kane has won numerous titles, including The ECW Championship, just a couple years ago. But The ECW Title isn't considered a MAJOR World Title. So, it had been 12 years since Kane's last, and ONLY WWF/E World Championship. Which by the way, he only held for one night.

So when Kane's music hit after Rey was recovering from a Jack Swagger beat down after their match. I marked out. I was so excited, yet still wondered if they would have him fail in his cash in, given his luck in title matches. Once he picked Rey up into the air and Chokeslammed him, I KNEW it was over and was going off. But, it wasn't over there, at least in Kane's mind and he Tombstone'd Rey for good measure.

Kane obviously pinned Rey and became World Heavyweight Champion. Kane went on to hold the title for quite a few months and had a great reign, especially by today's standard.

That was his one GREAT run and he should be remembered for his dominance over The Undertaker during that reign also.

Beating Rey that night was the beginning of Kane's quest to get the 2 biggest monkeys off his back. A run with a World Title, and to finally get the best of The Undertaker. Kane has had his moments with his "brother". But The Undertaker always ended things with the upper-hand. For the first time ever, not only did Kane come out of a feud with his "older brother", on top, but he absolutely dominated The Undertaker.

That is his greatest match to me. Just those few short minutes of cashing in a briefcase, started the best run in Kane's career.

I used to be a big fan of Kane, particularly when he was a new, fresh character and still had his mask.

However, looking back I don't think he really has had that many GREAT matches. Great feuds and great moments maybe, but in the ring Kane has always just been pretty average. He doesn't really do much to make him memorable once he gets between the ropes.

I would probably have to go with the original Undertaker feud, which led to the match at WM14 where it took 3 tombstone piledrivers to put Kane away, after Undertaker had refused to fight his brother for months. Kane really was a frightening prospect at this point, he had an awesome look and was booked perfectly in this feud. That would probably be his best match. It wasn't anything special but the storyline surrounding it makes it my favourite match featuring the Big Red Machine.

I liked the way in which Kane was booked in the 2001 Royal Rumble match. Surprisingly for a monster Kane has rarely been booked in such a dominant manner. But in this match he was booked perfectly and I haave no problem in saying that he was one of the reasons why the 2001 Royal Rumble was so enjoyable.

The other Kane match that I enjoyed from an in ring perspective was his match against Chris Benoit at Badd Blood. But I guess that that is hardly surprising.

I always enjoyed the TLC match against Bubbah / Spike, RVD / Jeff hardy, & Christian / Y2J. With his tag team partner incapacitated Kane over came the odds to keep the titles. Perfect example on how to book a monster

Out of the list, definitely the Royal Rumble 2001 Was the epitome of his dominance. probably what he will be most known for in his career.

Depends on your preference in match type to be honest. I myself like a good hardcore match so for me it's his WrestleMania X-Seven match against Big Show and Raven.

I think Kanes wrestling ability is often overlooked as he has a fairly in your face gimmick... i mean hes had some doozeys (as has everyone else) but to say hes carried through a lot of his matches just isnt the case (hes also had some awful feuds, thanks to lazy writing that hasnt helped him either). Also because he's a dominating character a lot of the time squash matches occur, although id wish theyd be more consistent with Kanes dominance and nature. Him and big show had some insane matches just before 2000, he had some inetnese amateur based grapples with Ziggler just last year and throughout his career has put on solid matches. He's a very good wrestler and his combination of speed strength and size are what make him so unique and great to watch. As it goes, im a rumble fanatic and so for me itd have to be the rumble 2001. Although most of the matches put up were fooking epic.

I like the triple threat at wrestlemania 17, but his most memorable match in my opinion is the 2001 royal rumble , i mean he had a dominant performance and showed why he was main event material, his sheer presence and domination in the match established him on the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back