Just Curious

George Steele's Barber

Advertise Here $9.95/month
This popped in to my head today, hypothetically speaking:

If you are pro-life, would you give up the 2nd amendment if abortion would also be banned?

If you are anti-gun, would you give up legalized abortion if the 2nd amendment could be repealed?

Would you support a federal ban on automatic weapons and 3rd term abortions?

I know all of these scenarios are impossible and this discussion will disolve in to apathy or chaos but these thoughts jumped in my head this morning and I am curious how our most staunch liberals and conservatives (and even middle ground folks) would respond.

I can't buy a response. Oh well, I thought I created a pretty decent moral conundrum. I guess I'll just go back to my hobbies of shooting people and murdering babies.

No on the Second Amendment being repealed. Responsible gun owners owning weapons is fine. It's all the irresponsible ones and nutjobs that need to be dealt with.

I agree with KB. It's not the 2nd amendment that's the issue. It's the incredible lack of gun control that's the problem.

The Second Amendment says arms, not exclusively guns. Yet it's illegal to buy hand grenades. I'd back the Right if they gave me things I can throw at people that will explode.

If you are pro-life, would you give up the 2nd amendment if abortion would also be banned?

If you are anti-gun, would you give up legalized abortion if the 2nd amendment could be repealed?
Seeing that I am not for banned abortion(from the teachers side that I saw what would meant if every child(even with severe genetic problems) would be born) and that I dont have too much opinion on gun control(except that you have the right to defend yourself if someone atacks you) would prefer second option.

Now, that doesnt mean that I would ban guns, just that I as a teacher have seen more consequences for having to born child with some severe illness then from people owning a gun. So I am more of that "middle ground" folks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back