• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Morrison Or The Miz?

Who's better, The Miz or John Morrison?

• The Miz

• John Morrison

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
I had this idea for a long time now. The Miz and Morrison are two talented wrestlers and the main reason why people watch ECW. They are a good tag team and singles competitors that has beaten and faced notable wrestlers (The Brothers Of Destruction, Batista, HBK, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, John Cena etc.) But the fact is they wont stay as a team forever, one day they will break up.

But first lets summarize the two:

John Morrison.

The superstar that has had many names and gimmicks. He started out as a lackey of Eric Bisschopf, was sent back to OVW and debuted again with his stable of Mercury Nitro and Melina. When he was Johnny Nitro he was constantly in the IC title picture feuding with Shelton Benjamin for a short while and then feuding with the Hardy Boyz.

He gained his popularity mainly because of his hollywood stable, gimmick and his flashy moves. Not to mention the feud with the Hardyz. After that he moved on to ECW where he became a champion when he defeated CM Punk for the ECW championship on Vengeance. After that he had a gimmick change, and John Morrison was born.

The first few months Morrison had it all going for him, being the champ feuding with the roster retaining his championship countless times, untill he blew it. He used an iligal substance and was suspended for 30 days.
From that point John Morrison wasnt in the main event any more, instead he formed a tag team with the Miz.

At first they won the WWE tag team championship belts, then they feuded with many tag teams and superstars. But there has been many changes around his character. Instead of people hating him, people liked him. Morrison turned a 180 degrees with his character instead of a dirty heel Morrison is now a comedian who is liked by the crowd. He doesnt get any heel responses anymore and even uses babyface moves.

The Miz.

Mike Mizanin, a former university student who was on a real life television show called the real world and became famous. In the real world Mizanin created a character called The Miz. An annoying irritating wrestler that people hated.

The Miz thought his character would be great in the wrestling business, and the WWE too. So he debuted in OVW with his character and eventualy made his way up to the main roster on smackdown.

On smackdown video packages were made to hype up his debut. But when the Miz debuted it wasnt as a wrestler but as a host, he did backstage interviews and tried to hype up the crowd.

The Miz was a host of the diva search, in which he made terrible mistakes in his lines resulting in funny situations. After his duties as a host The Miz finnaly debuted as a wrestler facing mid-carders.

His first feud was a short one with the boogeyman in which The Miz got defeated on Vengeance and disapeared from television for a while, and returned with the Miz TV. A segment that was really boring and went nowhere.

After that The Miz got drafted to ECW, where he feuded with John Morrison, CM Punk and Big Daddy V. When Punk Became champion The Miz got in a tag team with Morrison and they became the WWE Tag Team Champions.

As a champion The Miz improved a lot, by working hard. He changed his in ring style by being more agressive, he improved his mic skills, and he even gets better heel heat than his partner John Morrison.

Now that the summary is over i would like to know who do you think is better and will have a brighter future, Miz or Morrison? IMO Morrison will have a brighter future but i wont count The Miz out. They are both very gifted but they arent singles competitors. I think Morrison will break out as a face and Miz as a heel, but if i had to choose between the two, i would pick Morrison.

I am going to go with Morrison, because he has alredy been intercontinental and ECW World champ. HE has amazing atheletic ability and hes better looking. He can do a lot of things the Miz proably couldnt do and Morison has more experience with the feuds hes been in. No offense Miz, but John Morrison is my pick.

well done slave...

Now on to more pressing issues. You sir are stepping up to the plate and asking everyone, who do you think is better, Morrison or The Miz? Great team, but who is going to be greater?
Well then my answer is John Morrison.

Morrison and The Miz have developed so much since teaming up. Miz has become a profoundly better wrestler since teaming with Morrison and his mic skills and ability to draw heat have also improved, hell, he gets way more heat than Morrison. Morrison is a profoundly good wrestler and has already had a taste of being champion many times, as ECW and IC champion. The suspension speedbumbed him into teaming with The Miz and the two were dynamite together. While Miz improved trastically his in-ring work and speech, Morrison developed a connection with the fans and suddenly learned to become a face. Morrison has become a good comedy act, get's cheered and does face moves. When they do break up, they both have the potential to be great. But Morrison I think has the better chance to be greater. He's tasted middle card gold (IC) and upper middle card gold (ECW), and he's proven he can play a solid heel and now he's showing he may be a solid face. He's a solid in ring worker, has charisma and is over with the fans. I think one day Morrison will become champion. The Miz be no means will end up like Jannetty. The Miz I think will definitly be a solid US champion one day. And we all now how solid US title reigns help wrestlers (see Guerrero, Cena, MVP still on fence), they all became WWE champion. The Miz may become just that, but i think it's still in the air for him.

So to end, they'll both be great, but Morrison will be better.

Morrison is the better of the two but not by much. Miz has improved alot during his time with Morrison. He can speak better on the mic and i notice his wrestling ability has also improved. Morrison can already use a mic and wrestle well but he cant draw to much heat. Miz gets booed way harder then Morrison. So as a a heel tag team this works out great for them since Miz is able to draw in the Heat they need.

As single competitors they can both be successful but Morrison would have to turn face. I think the Miz as a heel single competitor could be pretty successful just needs to keep working on his mic skills.

The only thing holding Morrison back is that every piece of the machinery is working, but you've picked a hammer instead of a screwdriver to get the nuts and bolts in before everything clicks. Morrison is acting like a heel but he's wrestling like a face. He's telling the audience to shut up (I like the whole "shh shh shhh" thing) but then he's saying things that aren't coming off as arrogant, but rather, just entertaining or funny, and he's not a comedic heel like Santino. Basically, Morrison is a heel without a heel style. Randy Orton's heel is a sort of "I'm going to destroy you because I'm the best" heel. Santino is the comedic jobber heel who thinks he's great but always makes an ass of himself. Edge's heel is sort of an anarchist psychopath that cheats but can actually get the job done as well (similar to the Joker in some respects, but obviously that's stretching it). Umaga and Kozlov and such are "monster heels". The Miz is the arrogant annoying son of a bitch similar to the cocky guy you want to watch get his ass kicked. But what is Morrison? He's not a psycho bringer of chaos like Edge, nor is he a "cold and calculating viper" like Orton, he is not an unstoppable monster, and he's not a comedic jobber. He dabbles in the "cocky asshole you want to watch get beat up", but not even remotely as close as Miz, and its because he's not annoying. He's just sort of confusing. Can you really take him seriously when he says stuff like "I'm John Morrison, and one time I spent a night on a house boat with Joan Rivers. You ever been on a house boat Miz? Well you should try it. She knew a lot of stuff." ??? Those type of lines remind me of the humor that DX brings out at times (and Miz/Morrison remind me a lot of DX in other ways as well). If Morrison was to turn face, he could keep up the whole "We don't allow _____ in the Palace of Wisdom" and whatnot, but if they want him to remain heel, he has to cut that out or at least stop making them jokes people can laugh at. If they want to keep that but twist it in a heel way, he'd have to take shots at wrestlers that seem NEGATIVE.

So with that being said, Miz has a much less interesting character, but the fact is he's been able to get it down much better than Morrison has with his. Miz clearly gets much, much more heel heat than Morrison does, so he's doing a better job with that. But in terms of potential and in terms of in-ring skills, Morrison has him beat - even though Miz has improved DRASTICALLY and has become, in my opinion, one of the most underrated guys that the WWE has.

If I had it my way, the Miz would be Intercontinental champion right now and have a long reign with it (against LEGITIMATE opponents and feuds, like Mysterio, Punk, Kofi, etc) and Morrison would be in a lower main event position. If I could book it, I'd book Morrison to win the Money in the Bank at WrestleMania and do a surprise face turn by cashing it in that same night against a heel champion (someone like Jericho would work) or if not, then he'd just be a face in the lower main event right now and slowly building up towards solid main event status similar to HBK in 95/96.

Who is the better of the two right now? Hard to say. Miz is doing a better job at his current role, but Morrison has much more to work with if he and everyone else had the intent.

John Morrison overall is better imo, whereas Miz right now is playing his character better. Morrison really can't play a heel very convincing unless he has Melina as a mouth piece manager. It seems hard for him to get people to hate him, unlike The Miz who as soon opens his mouth gets mega heat. Morrison is all about flash and style which is better fit for a face character trying to get pops because of their moves(Mysterio/Hardy). But like I said overall Morrison seems like the bigger star. Something about Morrison clicks and his ring skills are impressive. He just seems to have that special it factor that makes you sucessful where The Miz is a great heel but there something lacking somewhere. So Miz is better right now in their current roles but Morrison is the greater of the two and has the most potential in the future.

no doubts, The Miz has mic abilities that Morrison will never have in his life. Although Morrison is more spectacular and looks greater...

These guys are one of the best tag teams. (It's between them and Priceless) So I hope that they do not split up for a while, but we all know it has to happen at some point. Even if they do split up, it would be cool if they still remain "allies" the way that HHH and HBK still are after the DX reunion.... but I digress.

To answer the question.... here is what I think will happen if and when they split. Morrison will get to either raw or smackdown and become part of the lower main event level, I see him as a possible world or wwe champ some day. Miz probably will never get past upper mid card status unless he remains on ecw and becomes ecw champ (definately a possibility!).... however it would be cool if they remain allies and help each other out even if they are not officially a teag team anymore, and then they could probably still keep doing the hilarious dirt sheet stuff!

Miz- upper mid card (or champ on ecw) heel

Morrison- lower main event, I could see him turning face or staying a heel.

Morrison is definately better though.

I am gonna say the Miz. The Miz plays his character well, he generates a lot of heat, and he's vastly improved since his debut. The only thing John Morrison has is shiny clothes. He cant seem to find a character. When he was a heel people were cheering him. The Miz has solid mic skills, his work ethic is above par, and did i mention he plays his character well?

Morrison probably has the better future once he finds his character because Morrison has the look, and is a solid speaker, and he's improved since his debut. When Morrison won the title everyone was like WOW this man has a future but since then he's sort of fallen off the charts and IMO he's batting second behind the Miz. So too answer the question Miz is better now. But Morrison will have the brighter future.

This is like going to a club and having the two ugliest girls in the place eyeing you up. Obviously you've got to go home and have sex with one, but you could really take or leave both. So what you do is pick the one who's slightly better than the other, and that is The Miz. Because Morrison just plain suck. As does The Miz, but at least he gives me hope that he can become somebody who's worth watching in the future.

Both are pretty entertaining but Morrison gets my vote. More charisma than the Miz, a better look and better in the ring than him.

I couldn't stand him as Johnny Nitro but he has grown on me loads recently. Him and Miz are a really good tag team, and the dirt sheet is good shit as well. Morrison has stepped up his game with the whole "Shaman of Sexy" moniker, and I can't wait for him to get back into singles competition.

I read on WZ.com that management consider him too goofy (sorry I don't have the link). I actually enjoy that goofiness, i.e a few weeks ago on Raw, Morrison imitated Kofi's signature hand clap. Harmless stuff but funny. It will have to be cut out when M&M break up and he goes singles.

The Miz isn't bad though, certainly up there with Morrison in the most improved list. He's decent on the mic and in the ring but in my opinion he doesn't have the "it" factor that Morrison has. i.e I couldn't see him main eventing in a few years. I'm not buying the hat and bandana thing though.

Well, Morrison and The Miz are probably the best tag team WWE have right now. Both guys are at this point on a great level as work is concerned and both have the entertainment factor. But only one of them is the better.

And that is John Morrison. I've said it before and I'll say it loads more times before it finally does happen that John Morrison is a face main eventer waiting to happen. The guy just can't get over well as a heel and that combined with his superior high-flying athletic ability (everybody knows it's hella hard to get over as a heel if you're high-flyer because that makes you entertaining to watch) just begs for a face turn. Morrison has the look, the in-ring skills and the charisma needed to excel in WWE's cards but it won't happen as long as he's a face.

The Miz is probably the most improved worker I can recall in recent times. Going from a reality TV reject that couldn't wrestle and had the world's lamest goofy gimmick to a prospective future upper-carder. He's just improved that much and is probably one of the most consistent guys in both tag team and singles matches. But with his current gimmick and the fact that most of the smarks hates him with reckless abandon I can't really see him moving ahead. He really needs a gimmick change, but that can wait a little longer. For whatever reason I don't see him as main event material right now, but everything can change.

In the end though, John Morrison is the better guy of the team. He's one of WWE's best "new" guys and should by all rights have a good future ahead of him if both he and the bookers play their cards right. But only if he either changes his moveset and stops the goofy jokes as a heel or just plainly turns face. Either way, he delivers every week and deserves to be commended for it.

Morrison is definitely the better of the two at this moment in time - however I feel that The Miz is starting to show us his potential and given time will definitely get better.

He has improved a lot already since he started and I believe that tag teaming with Morrison has only helped his career as well as helped him improve his abilities both in the ring and on the mic, however, I did vote for Morrison ;D

Both men are great assets to ECW right now. They are entertaining as a team both on the mic and in the ring. They have accomplished a fair bit considering they have only been a tag team for a year. They beat the Hardy Boyz, faced the Brothers of Destruction and are booked to face D-Generation-X next week on Raw. Very few tag teams get to do that. Both John Morrison and the Miz have improved so much since last year. Who would have thought the Miz would get this over and become this good? Everyone knew Morrison had talent, but people weren't sure he would make it big or not. He's well on his way to becoming a star.

I love both men as they have a unique wrestling style as a tag team with Morrison being the guy who does all the flashy moves while the Miz is more of a brawler type. Both have potential, but whether they improve further and live up to the hype is purely up to their determination. Personally, I think John Morrison definately has the talent and potential to be a World Champion, as soon as next year. A face turn is just waiting in his future and when it happens, it's going to be huge. I can't wait for it. The Miz seems to be the guy that needs to stay heel for a long time. He isn't as easy to like as what Morrison is.

So overall, I think John Morrison is the more talented out of the pair. His wrestling ability and his mic skills are better than the Miz's. I really hope Morrison wins the Money in the Bank ladder match at Wrestlemania 25 so that either he or MVP can become a main eventer and a World Champion. Morrison needs to turn face in the next few months and could feud with the Miz, before leaving ECW for Raw. Both are talented, but Morrison has been around for longer and currently has more potential than what The Miz has.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, splitting these two guys up anytime soon would be crazy, they are the best tag team going today and both guys are doing more for the tag-team division then they would as singles wrestlers.

As for who's better, well thats a tough one because of the Miz's sheer improvement rate, whereas John Morrison is good but show's no signs of improving at all. The mic skills have to go to The Miz, he plays a much better heel than Morrison does and I expect he could play face if neccessary.

In ring wise Morrison is flashier but flashier doesnt mean better. I'd still give Morrison the edge in ring though because he's lost a lot of that flashiness in favour of more heelish moves, he still impresses but not to the point where you want to cheer him out of the building. As for who's better I'd say Morrison is just but he is in danger of being upstaged by The Miz. Not that it matters because with any luck these two will be leading the tag team division for a long time to come.

Miz can promo. Morrison cant. end of statement. you can have the greatest look in the world but if you cant make yourself heard you will never ever make it. though i will say morrison is a far better worker.

I disagree with the above statement: that is precisely why managers (mouthpieces) exist.

On the topic overall, I will say that I am a John Hennigan fan. He has the look, he certainly has the in ring ability, and he has the patience, clearly. I am of the opinion that with the right opportunity, Hennigan can be turned into the next Shawn Michaels (whether that's a good thing or not, I'll let you decide on your own). Someone above me stated that he wrestles like a face and acts like a face but is a heel -- and I completely agree with this. However, I don't see the fans getting behind him unless he does something completely repentant (?) character wise. He has been working so hard and so long on being hated that the turn has to be built up properly and executed perfectly, if it will ever come.

Just a random question but am I alone in hearing a kind of silence when Hennigan comes out, or am I just not watching Raw enough?

with all do respect to the above post, there are no more Bobby Heenans or Jimmy Harts. The only guy who could work as a mouth piece is Santino Marella, and he's all tied up. I wish there was a great mouth piece manager out there, but there's not. at least not yet.

I honestly feel Morrison is the better of the two guys. He has the look, the moves and the style to actually pull off a solo run. If not, he wouldn't have been ECW champion, IC Champion and tag champion of both brands. The fact that he's not viewed as a god on the mic is something I don't understand. Morrison is solid on the mic, and I don't see where that view has come from. He's a clever guy, and works well off Morrison.

Miz has grown on me, but he's still not good enough to have been anything but a tag champion. That's the kicker. If Creative don't think he can carry it, he must be lacking something.

As for a mouthpiece manager, I think those days are over in wrestling. Even valets are in the ring nowadays. Estrada and James Mitchell in TNA were the last real mouthpieces, and they're gone because they didn't get the job done as far as either company was concerned.

I don't even know why this is a question. I see zero appeal in the miz. When he's on I change the channel. He's an average wrestler, nothing stands out. I don't think he's good on the mic, he just comes off stupid to me. I don't think he has a good look, he looks like he walked through a thrift store and put ever piece of clothing on. He is just 100% unappealing to me.

On the other side, I do like Morrison but he still has some growing to do. Morrison has a better look, better style and sills, and is better on the mic.

There have been some guys I wasn't a fan of that I changed my mind on. The miz is not one of them, he just downright infuriates me for some reason and any future he has in the business I see as a mistake.

I'm just glad to see that after ECW on Tuesday night, it appears the WWE is beginning to lay the ground work for a potential feud between these two. With Morrison getting the pinfall on the Miz, I fully expect to see Miz take out Morrison in the Rumble, and the ultimate break up be during Money In the Bank this year with both guy sbeing in the match.

All logic points to John Morrison being the guy out of these two. He simply looks the role, and has been better in ther ing thus far. It's a shame that he hasn't had a great singles run yet, and the one he had was stuck in ECW where he got next to zero time on pay per view to have a great match. We've seen glimpses of greatness out of this guy in tag environments, and he stole the show at MITB at Wrestlemania 24, but that's it. The big Question, can John Morrison perform on an elite level month in and month out being the ring general in big feuds? Only time will tell.

That's not too sleep on the Miz either. Miz has developed into a solid ring talent. He's not great, but he's watchable. The problem with Miz, since this makeover, he hasn't had the singles runt hat at least John Morrison has provided. The thing with the Miz that will save him in the long run, the dude can rock a mic like few others, and I daresay he's better then Morrison on the stick.

for me it has to be Morrison, i wasn't a fan of him as Nitro in MNM, but when he had to step up to the plate and become ECW champion so suddenly, he did it greatly and has improved a shit load since then. they have both improved since debuting but for me Morrison is the better one becouse of the things he has accomplished. where as the Miz has only accomplished tag team gold and that was with the help of Morrison.

Who know's in time i might change my mind about the miz lets just wait until they split up and go down once again the Singles road.

with all do respect to the above post, there are no more Bobby Heenans or Jimmy Harts. The only guy who could work as a mouth piece is Santino Marella, and he's all tied up. I wish there was a great mouth piece manager out there, but there's not. at least not yet.

Exactly -- not just yet. Theoretically, the whole issue must be handled very carefully and skillfully. Just sticking a random manager with Hennigan would never work. His gimmick, and his manager's attributes, as well as the reason for showing up all have to make sense and have to click. Of course if suddenly Hennigan were to turn on The Miz and start parading with Kelly Kelly it wouldn't make any sense and would fizzle out quickly.

But if -- and this is hypothetical, but it could've worked -- if the WWE had kept Venis or Richards around and gave them some TV time to build them back up and gave them the role of manager, or mentor, or what have you, and paired either one of those two men with a turning or even breaking away Hennigan, it could've easily worked. The scenario of a young, talented, sexy up and comer being helped by a veteran of the sport, being coached and being propelled and groomed for, arguably, the top spot in the company (whether or not true is irrelevant). Richards had charisma through the roof, and Morely was always great on the stick and in Non-Wrestling (and wrestling) roles. Alas, those two are long gone, but it COULD HAVE worked.

As of the present and non-hypothetical, you're right: there isn't a non-wrestler or wrestler at the moment who can fill in the needed shoes. But that doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there. Maybe someone from the SmackDown brand being brought over specifically for this purpose, or even Matt Striker toning his Teacher gimmick down to use his verbal skills to put over Morrison. There's a pairing that could yield fruitful if utilized correctly, no?

Out of the two, I think i'd take Miz. If you can't see the amazing improvements he's made in the last year then you're just blindly hating him. Morrison is someone that definitely could break through and be something great, but that's all he has right now is potential. Miz is the same way, but he's proven to me that he can make the big jump up to the next level. He went from being god awful last year to being a well rounded wrestler without Morrison's help. He could be a decent singles midcarder all on his own and that's saying something considering where he started at. Morrison will likely go farther, but I'll take Miz as the more entertaining.

I wish I could say John Morrison. I really do. But The Miz has improved way too much this year for me to say that. Hes got the mic skills, the in ring skills, and he gets good heat from the crowd. Something that Morrison can not do. The Miz as of right now is the better performer, and it pains me to say that. As I like John Morrison more. Hopefully Morrison will prove himself before the Miz will. But it's highly doubtful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back