• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena's "Big Announcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingofKings20222

WWE Attitude Era Champion
Okay, so John Cena is promising to make a big announcement tonight on Raw. What will it be? I believe he is announcing that he will cash in on CM Punk at Summerslam. Thus making Cena VS Punk II. Or it could be about the Rock. What do you think?

I think it will be him cashing in at Summerslam for the wwe title. I don't think they will do a thing where he cashes in on someone after they had a match. His character is not the type to take shortcuts. He might even say something like this tonight when making ths announcement.

Instead of having another Cena vs Punk match, I hope the Rock gets added to the match. Cena can say that he is cashing in at summerslam tonight and then next week the Rock gets added in somehow. Now that would be a lot better than Cena vs Punk since that is not a fresh match. I was really really hoping Bryan would win the wwe title and face Cena at summerslam. Now that's a fresh matchup.

He's announcing he's giving his MITB to Ziggler in hopes of him becoming Undisputed Champ, changing his name to Vanilla Eminem, and join an onscreen rap group called the Italian Woo Woo-Anamics with Zack Ryder, Santino and himself....

Alright... wen't a bit too far, but yeah it has to be about MITB cash in at SummerSlam, I can't see him randomly making an announcement about The Rock since nobody has really mentioned The Rock onscreen since the night after Mania 28.

If he's doing it tonight, he's cashing in for 1000th RAW. If he was going to cash it in for Summer Slam, he'd do it ON the 1000th RAW.

So maybe Daniel Bryan and AJ find their way back into the storyline for SummerSlam.

He's going to propose to AJ.

or

He's cashing in on the 1000th Raw or Summerslam. My guess is the Raw, Bryan costs him the match, Three Way at Summerslam, maybe a four way with Show as well...

Yeah probably SummerSlam but perhaps it has more to do with making Cena/Rock II about the belt Thus putting Punk in a position of feeling looked over and underestimated. Personally I hope it's neither but the WWE rarely surprises us anymore. Perhaps he will challenge The Rock at the 1000th episode of Raw. That I can see.

its pretty clear he will announce when he i cashing in. He will either challenge Punk for the 1000th RAW or most likely for SummerSlam. If I was WWE booking I would have Cena tell Punk hes cashing in at SummerSlam and set up a match. Then next week on the 1000th raw set up a tag match with Cena teaming with Punk to face Danial Bryan and the Big Show. Have Punk get beat down and have Cena surprisingly cash in after the match. And the Punk Cena match could still happen at SS because of the rematch clause. But thats just hopeful wishing and wanting Cena to finally go heel.

I think he will announce tonight that he is cashing in at SummerSlam, therefore taking the focus away from next week, then next week after Punk has been beaten down, Cena will cash in and win the title, no heel turn though (obviously:rolleyes:), it will just divide the crowd even more, which in a face vs face rematch for the championship at SummerSlam is exactly the way 'creative' would want it.

Seriously, if Cena does actually announce that he's cashing in at SummerSlam, then actually cashes in at SummerSlam, what a waste of a money in the bank contract, if Punk vs Cena was the way they wanted to go, Cena could have just won a #1 contender's match tonight or next week and let somebody else carry the briefcase. Gving the guy a few weeks notice worked when RVD did it because it was kind of a half-assed invasion angle and *kayfabe* WWE would have never sent Cena to the bingo hall so RVD had to give him notice to get him there, but other than that one scenario, giving the champion notice kind of takes away the essence of the MITB:banghead:

Am I the only one getting tired of "big annoucements" from John Cena... this is two in a month...

I actually think it's gonna go a different way, if the finish was botched, he could be the guy to say so and they redo the match tonight or next week... or I think he'll go with the "cash in at mania" idea from last year... Rock as champ then, so it makes sense.

Big Announcements from John Cena are like the Hulk Hogan ideas that will shock and revolutionize the wrestling world, a huge let down and lackluster.

Most likely he will announce he will challenge Punk at SS for the belt. But I'd rather see him challenge him at the 1000 of Raw and be done with it.

The ONLY other good idea I can think of with the MITB case is he wrestles The Rock for it at the 1000 Raw, Rock wins then faces Punk at SS wins, then they have Cena/Rock round two at Mania.

But most likely the first statement will happen and *yawn*.

He'll either cash-in at SummerSlam or he'll cash-in next week in for the main event, but Bryan will screw Cena from winning. Why you ask? Because Bryan will want to be the guy that ends Punk's title reign setting up a Triple Threat Match at SummerSlam.

He'll announce he's cashing it in at Summerslam. He will however lose this match and become the first person to cash in and lose, EVEN THOUGH Mr Kennedy never cashed in his briefcase.

Amazed WWE always forget that little nugget when mentioning the 100% cash-in record

Kennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnedy.

I agree, Cena's "big announcements" are nothing to us, but the little twitter tweens probably go nuts over it. They'll all be finishing their homework early tonight so they can hear Cena announce what we geniuses in the IWC already know he'll announce :)

He's cashing in for next week, the Raw 1,000th show will need a big headline match and Cena v Punk, with Cena cashing in will fit into that. The Raw 1000th is a much bigger occasion than Summerslam. (They could also then tease a Rock v Cena II with Rock being on the show or a Rock v Punk) They are likely then to go with Cena v Punk v Bryan at Summerslam.

I really think he'll somehow put the MITB briefcase on the line against The Rock on the 1,000th episode, The Rock will win (possibly with Big Shows interefence), and cash it in a some point. Vince said he wanted to make the 1,oooth episode the biggest possible and this would go a long way.

I don't know if he'll cash in for a high profile main event match with Punk at SS, or if they'll milk it for awhile to create an exciting and unpredictable atmosphere of wondering when The Rock will cash.

But the more I think about it the more I think this was the only reason Cena won the MITB and this is the only way The Rock will ever get the title. Being that he's not an active competitor and all. It makes too good of sense.

Now that I think about it, I feel like some how The Rock will end up with the MITB, They were reporting before Wrestlemania that they wanted to have The Rock wrestle at SummerSlam. Plus MITB is the ONLY way Rock can win a title unless he really commits to the WWE and doesn't book any movies so he can have a real run

He's the father of Claire's baby.

Probably that he wants a title match at 1000 or SS but it would be more interesting if he said that Punk needs to watch his back because he is going to play the case by the same set of rules as every other past winner.

Find it hard to fathom that a Rock / Cena rematch will happen, at any point. While Vince and the WWE aren't exactly big on standing storylines, I really think the "Once In A Lifetime" angle they ran at WrestleMania between The Rock and Cena will hold up longer than 3 1/2 months, through SummerSlam and even past WrestleMania next year.

Cena's "announcement" will likely have something to do with next week's 1000th Raw, but I don't think it will have anything to do with the MITB briefcase. Keep in mind, Vince and the creative team like to use Cena to make an impact, not necessarily in a match sort of way or in a shocker sort of way. But he's the company ambassador and the "announcement" may just be a general storyline or surprise we'll get next Monday night.

Then again, dude might announce he's cashing in on Punk or Sheamus next Monday, at SummerSlam or even tonight. We'll see shortly.

Well personally since CM Punk is about to face big show

I would like to see Punk win or have the big show get DQ'd and knock out punch and have punk stirring around in the ring and have cena's music hit and have him stand at top of the ramp and cut a promo kind of like punk did with his pipe bomb last year but probably not as controversial, and say he is challenging him next week or at Summerslam

It wasn't until John Cena came out that I guessed his big announcement and I was correct. He hit Big Show with the briefcase. I was surprised when he didn't smack him immediately, but I was glad to see it happen. I'm not surprised he didn't challenge Punk, but surprised he didn't challenge him for Raw. Personally, I was hoping Cena would be a heel and take Punk's title then The Rock would challenge him on Raw 1000 for the title and win. To me, The Rock winning the title on Raw 1000 would be the greatest moment in ages on Raw.

Yeah if you didn't see this announcement a mile away then you're inane.

Now, somebody please tell me that there's still hope that The Rock will cost him his cash-in, or that he'll get kayfabe injured so that there can some sort of character development for Cena.

Please.

Tell me that.

Because you're just as inane.

Cena wins at Raw 1000. It was probably decided on well before they even thought to have him win MITB. Case closed.

as much as i would like to see john cena vs Cm punk on raw because thats a good match to have
but seeing as the new GM will be announced next week i see them putting the kaibosh on the match

I was thinking he would announce that he was cashing in at SummerSlam.

Well we all know Cena is going to win. I hope I am wrong though. Either Cena wins and they have a rematch at SummerSlam, or someway or somehow Punk wins then Cena will eventually get another title shot at SummerSlam. So, eventually he will win it which is a bummer.

You heard it here first. Cena said he's going to cash it in...but he didnt say in an official match with Punk. Cena will challenge Punk straight up but Vince wont let it happen. So Punk will have a match with someone else and win that match, at which point Cena will cash in at the end of Punk's match. Cena's not turning full fledge heel though. He will tell Punk (and the WWE universe) that he told Punk he was cashing in on Raw 1000. He told Punk so Punk was informed and knew what to expect. No other champ ever got an advance notice on when they were getting cashed in on...but Punk has a heads up. It'll still happen at the end of a match with someone else tho haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back